Reigniting interest in the SM LAN

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited March 2004 in Gaming
Well the first time I announced this, back in October of 2003, the 40 spots filled up like mad. People were really excited. Then this few month delay while re-organizing the event and finding a decent place to have it, and now we have a really good spot for it, and nobody seems to much care.

Not very many people actually sent their reg fees last time around. Of the ones who have, only one has reconfirmed, and I have refunded two reg fees.

I need to know what to do with the reg fees for the few people that did pay last time around, and I also want to get people interested in this thing again. We have 60 spots available, and now UT2004 will be out, which is a seriously kickass lan game.. Come on, people! Get off your bums and sign up for this thing! Don't you want to meet all the short-medians!?!?

Comments

• edited March 2004
    I wish I could go but I'm unemployed and lacking in funds for that major of a trip...maybe next year though.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I myself am thinking about it. I do not have much funding for this, though, and it will depend on how another couple of eye operations to right eye and also how long I need to wait for them to heal, before I will know. AFAIK, you and I are even as far as money goes, Prime, so if I wanted to come it would be more for fun and to meet folks than to game as I am not a real gamer.

John D.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I now have a job and a car, and I'm ready to go. Come on, don't you guys want to meet the wiseass Noo Yawka in person? I mean, how much fun would it be to see me and Shorty, drunk off our asses, making complete fools of ourselves? And how about the comedy stylings of Ageek and Thrax, live, uncut and uncensored? And who doesn't want to give Geeky1 a slap upside the head for being so cocky?

Come on, people! It's going to be a blast! I suck at FPS games, but I still want to go and meet my bretheren, the people I've formed such a close bond with. Meeting all of you in person will just help to solidify this community.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004
    I am not much of a gamer either John. I bought like my first game ever and it being Ut2004. The rest have been given to me.

I cant wait to meet all you goons.:)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Mr. Kwitko wrote:
    I now have a job and a car, and I'm ready to go. Come on, don't you guys want to meet the wiseass Noo Yawka in person? I mean, how much fun would it be to see me and Shorty, drunk off our asses, making complete fools of ourselves? And how about the comedy stylings of Ageek and Thrax, live, uncut and uncensored? And who doesn't want to give Geeky1 a slap upside the head for being so cocky?

Come on, people! It's going to be a blast! I suck at FPS games, but I still want to go and meet my bretheren, the people I've formed such a close bond with. Meeting all of you in person will just help to solidify this community.

Well, this ol' fart has been able to handle young whippersnappers for a looong time. Let's just say my father the lawyer had this sign in his office:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest SOB in that valley." It was cross-stitched by mom.... No, I did not inherit it, think brother Stephen got it.... :D

BTW, "meet-n-greet" worked fine for my BBS up in Royal Oak, though we were all more local. Some weekends I would have 20 people in the apt thrugh an evening (some weekends Prime as a much younger guy would appear).... When you know folks better, is easier to tell where the heck they are coming from.... I could somewhat jive with some, others I had to be straight with. Hard to tell with words alone, this was pre-emoticon days, we used strictly the ASCII things, Like this: 8{) (yowsah, I really DO have a pair of glasses and a moustache and am grinning now). Most of CoSysops of this BBS I had-- there were like 15-20 as I needed Apple users, beemers, Atarians, Commodore freaks, etc-- I knew in person.

John D.
    edited March 2004
    I was talking to Geeky last night after that debacle and he said he couldnt make it.:(:bawling: He said his parents wouldnt let him during the school year.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited March 2004
    I'm ready to go whenever it's on
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited March 2004
    I'm going just to meet some Short-Medians in RL. I don't game. :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    MrBill wrote:
    I'm going just to meet some Short-Medians in RL. I don't game. :)

I play a few games but I'm mainly going to meet all of you as well.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited March 2004
    Summer school + Work = :(
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited March 2004
    I wish I could go, but I can't. Anything during the school year is out of the question for me, at least until next year... :(:(:(
    edited March 2004
    Oh you gotta at least play with us. Might as well, most of us will be. Its still fun. I know I am gonna get pwned.:D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I wish I could make it but th dates are in a bad time for work. BUT my fee I paid last time please yuse it for whatever you want prime its yours
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    panzerkw wrote:
    I'm ready to go whenever it's on

So are me, you, and Wugs are gonna roll together to Detroit?
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Would love to, but can't. Too bad it's not in Mississippi or Georgia in the middle of April, I have a business trip down there to Biloxi and Atlanta next month.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    To anybody who IS going, please check this thread. If your name is not on the list, it's because I haven't received a PM from you yet to "reconfirm".. I'm not using the old confirmations because the dates are different, so people who were able to go to the old dates might not be able to come to the new one.

Please PM me your confirmation :)