Can't Run 3DMark 2001SE Any More

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
System in question is WinXP Pro with DirectX 9.0, with ATI 9500 Pro video card.

After installing DirectX 9.0, I can neither run nor reinstall 3DMark 2001SE. 3DMark03 (Futuremark) runs beautifully. I realize that 2001SE is configured to run of DX 8.0. With that said though, I thought DirectX 9.0 was backwards compatible? Before I upgraded to the 9500 Pro, I was using an 8500LE; it also would not run 2001SE with DirectX 9.0. This has my a bit confused, as I'm seeing the the benchmark entusiasts are still using 2001SE as the standard.

What's up wit dis?

Leo:cool:

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I may be wrong but I think you need a patch or something for 2001 to run with DX9.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    There is a patch for 2001 put out by FutureMark (previously Mad Onion). I cannot install the patch without 2001SE already being installed. When I attempt to install 2001SE, even in Safe Mode, I get this error message --

"An Installation Support File Could Not Be Found".
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Try uninstalling, deleteing registry entries (try RegCleaner) and reinstalling and before running it, patch it.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2003
    Ah, well it didn't say that @ icrontic. In that case, all I can suggest is my favorite fix for software problems:

format c: (return)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Ran DXDIAG.exe - no problems reported with DX 9

Had already removed and reinstalled 3DMark2001SE several times, including re-installing Build 330.

Work around - merely copied the installation from another networked home computer. Works perfectly now.