The State of the 1337

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    It's not going to glow in the dark is it? :eek3:
    Thrax wrote:
    Or.. You know.. Probe? -Winces-

Dangit, you two ruined the surprise. The Probulator U-235™ does both. Guess I'll have to come up with something else to put in the box. :(
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Gargoyle, why is the probe made out of a URANIUM ISOTOPE?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Gargoyle, why is the probe made out of a URANIUM ISOTOPE?
    Well, given the probe's intended application, Astatine-210 may have been a better choice phonetically, but it decays too quickly. Uranium may be a more obscure reference to the ... posterior ... but it's half life ensures it will be around for many years to come. Wouldn't want it to crap out on you at an inopportune time, would you?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    You know, I'd love to have the 1337 Proc back here in NYC. Now that I have a digital camera, I've been planning on doing a little photo tour around NYC. My first idea- which is in the planning stages- is to go around NYC and have various people hold up a blown-up image of the Join Folding business cards.

My other idea was to do the "garden gnome" thing but with the 1337 Proc.

By the way, any of you S-Mers living in the NYC area, how would you like to get in on this project?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    What's going on?

-Marvin Gaye
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Well, it's that time again. The 1337est of 1337 procs must find a new home. I figured that since I'm moving, it would be a good time to send the 1337 proc on its way to a new owner. Who would like to be the lucky one?

The 1337 Proc has a long and storied history, dating back to the time of Middle Earth, the days of heroes like Pryme Shortmead. With your purchase you will also get various items that the 1337 Proc has picked up during its journey. I won't tell you what they are, but suffice it to say some are pretty neat and some are just downright funny.

You'll also get a certificate of ownership, showing whose hands this mystical talisman has passed through.

All I ask is a mere $20 to own a piece of Short-Media history. All proceeds will go to support Team Short-Media, our Folding@Home team.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    the 1337! The history behind that thing is storied AND immense! :D
    edited September 2006
    Gee, I would love to take care of this baby for a while. ;)
    edited September 2006
    No takers?;)
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited September 2006
    KwitCo™ wrote:
    No takers?;)
    Maybe it is time it took reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllly looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng journey.

PM me the details.

Datsun 1600
    edited September 2006
    Datsun, I would, but prof did ask first. I was just busting his chops. Prof, it's all yours, dude.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Aww 1337 needs to come to Cali dangit :)
    edited September 2006
    Mine! Mine! It's all mine!

(I'm not gloating - it's just that I've been trying to get this thing for over three years now.)

:celebrate
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Oh 1337, where have you gone? :(
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Kwitco's still hoarding it (probably fondling it at night), or he shipped it to Prof last September and Prof's all secretive about it (probably fondling it at night).
    edited April 2007
    Nope, still got it. Was waiting for Prof's donation. When he says he's donated to the fund, I'll ship it out, with a new additional to the collection.
    edited April 2007
    So... you're blaming prof? :p
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2007
    Well, normally things ARE prof's fault, so why should this be any different.;D
    edited April 2007
    So... you're blaming prof? :p
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Well, normally things ARE prof's fault, so why should this be any different.;D

Indeed
    edited April 2007
    Maybe you should just send it to someone more trustworthy. :rolleyes:

The SMx Fund owes me at the moment, since I haven't yet put in a claim for the last few rigs and parts I've had to ship out. (Including SM2, as a matter of fact. You might know something about that one, eh, Kwitko?) I've just been trying to wait until I was up to enough to cover the LAN fee (in addition to the processor) before I settled up with primesuspect.

At this point, my enthusiasm for getting in the "winning" bid LAST SEPTEMBER has waned. If you want to send it to someone else feel free. :cool:
    edited April 2007
    Dude, I have a Jewish mother. If you think you can guilt me, you're sorely mistaken.;)
    edited April 2007
    Oy vey! ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Processah Shmocessah!
    edited April 2007
    I'll send the processor, chopped liver, stuffed cabbage, gefilte fish, and some matzos. And would it kill you to call your mother every now and then??
    edited April 2007
    The Holy Pynteeoom, forged by the dwarves of EEyntall, has been passed on to its next recipient. May you use it in blessed health and happiness, Steve.
    edited April 2007
    Thank you, Sethipoo. ;)
    edited April 2007
    I forgot the chopped liver. Sorry.
    edited May 2007
    The l337 CPU needs a new home. $20 to the SMx Fund will give you a chance to hold a piece of S-M history for a while.

Who wants it? :cool:
    edited May 2007
    Don't all speak at once. ;)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    I want it!