Folding Milestone Design Contest!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Be the envy of your friends!
Win the respect of your fellow Team 93 members!!
Get all the chicks!!!

(Or hunks, farm animals, whatever...)

Would you like to see one of your creations become famous as a new Milestone award?

All you have to do is submit a design for Team Short-Media's new

100,000 POINT MILESTONE AWARD

Entries should have "100,000 Points" or "100K" incorporated into the design somewhere, be tasteful (!) and reflect the great team spirit which makes Team 93 stand out from the rest of the crowd. In approximately two weeks we'll put all submissions to a vote in order to pick a winner.

So far only sixteen members have reached this lofty milestone, but many more are anticipated to do so before long. It could be your design which is used to congratulate them when they get there. Make them shine!

(Thanks, KingFish, for suggesting this!) :wave:

Special awards we have now:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    Sweet I got that milestone coming up.:)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Know what I think we should do? A virtual plaque in the milestones forum that names are added to as they cross that threshold.
  • JakeJake Alec Baldwin's Chest Hair
    edited April 2004
    What we really need is a 500k, 750k, and 1000k award. :grumble:

;D
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited April 2004
    So csimon will get many new awards then. :D;D
    edited April 2004
    Jake is only 10k away from 500k.;)
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Know what I think we should do? A virtual plaque in the milestones forum that names are added to as they cross that threshold.

I second this idea. Its a good one (that and my name will be on there ;) )
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2004
    A plaque sounds fine. Let's see some designs. ;)

Jake wrote:
    What we really need is a 500k, 750k, and 1000k award. :grumble:

;D
    Absolutely!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    ohh la la 100k, just a little 5 min ms paint hah. i need to intall my photo shop and ill try to whip something up
    100k.bmp 236.6K
    edited April 2004
    Haha the 2 best parts of SM, the Babe thread and Team 93!
    edited April 2004
    This comes at finals time, so unless it's extended beyond next weekend I won't be able to draft an entry.
    edited May 2004
    Ridiculously huge, but it kinda had to be:
    100k.jpg 326.9K
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    LOL ...I love it!
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Excellent, Russell, err, Keebs... :D Plaque is excellent idea. Now if Prime would print and hang next to the server???.... :D

The Ms-Paint one motivates, but I do not know that what it motivates has more to do with healthiness than folding potentially can.... :D

John D.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited May 2004
    hehe... Any room on that thing for my name? How many more hundred-thousand points do I need? lol
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I like the plaque; could do without the haxor-speak though. That makes it seem like just a benchmark or something.
    edited May 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    I like the plaque; could do without the haxor-speak though. That makes it seem like just a benchmark or something.
    Errr... that isn't really supposed to be haxor. "Pholding Pharaoh" is the nickname that csimon has acquired, and I just continued the theme with "phollowers". Point being that Mr Simon was by far the first to break the 100K mark so we're all following in his footsteps. Wasn't trying to be 1337, just personalizing it for the team.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    So, what you're saying is that you resent me associating you with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or at least their techie-equivalents? :nudge: Sorry, I didn't remember CSimon's nickname. I see then, that 'Pholding Pharoah' is a name of honor like Bart Williams. Look, it's just my opinion, but 100,000 shouldn't be too cutesy. That design posted above is really on to something. Just one person's view here that it should be a little (just a little) bit more dignified.

(Yeah, right, what with all Leo's been posting today - and he asks for dignity? Sheesh!)
    edited May 2004
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rule! :p Actually, Raphael is chillin' on top of my tower right now, along with a miniature Donatello.

So anyway... change the extra 'ph's to 'f's, or change more than that? The bowing smilies too much?

I love the BWA because there's a memory behind it. The toaster makes me laugh every time I see it because I remember the conversation with Vicodin. With this one... I kinda felt like I was forcing it out until I thought of that idea. If I remove the reference to csimon leading the way through that milestone (I still remember him breaking that mark very well... it seems so recently), then the award loses its purpose for me.
  • edited May 2004
    I never heard the story of the toaster....anyone care to relay it?

KingFish
    edited May 2004
    Vicodin asked if he "won a toaster or something" for getting 50K :)

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652
    edited May 2004
    After careful study, it has been determined that no voting will be necessary. ][V][AGIC 's extremely interesting submission has been declared the winner. In fact, all of the current awards are in the process of being converted to a similar format. :cool:

(...prof awakens from his trance...)

If I could make a suggestion, I think Russell's plaque looks fantastic but should be resized to fit into a somewhat lower resolution. Once it is filled with names we can always add a second (and third, etc) identical plaque. Just an idea. :)

Please tell me what you think. :fold:

][V][AGIC : If you don't mind, I think I'll use yours to acknowledge certain open-minded individuals, probably for the 2K milestone... ;D
    edited May 2004
    hah, thats cool. i think russell put a little more effort into it than me anyways. i was working on something else but i couldnt get it to look that way i wanted it to. so nj on the plaque, looks awesome.
  • VicodinVicodin Chicago
    edited May 2004
    Personally I think that plaque is a terrible thing and could easily be prevented with proper brushing and flossing...

Oh wait.

Err... ummm...

I think I misunderstood the assignment.

See what happens when you go on extended hiatus?

Seriously... the plaque is outstanding. Possibly some intensive flash animation by the resident guru to spice it up.

Something incredible that will take our breath away and cause a single tear to roll down our face in pride and admiration.

Like a flashing red button.

(cough)

Fold on.
    edited May 2004
    Vicodin wrote:
    ...Something incredible that will take our breath away and cause a single tear to roll down our face in pride and admiration...
    That description fits ][V][AGIC 's contri to a "T". ;D
    edited May 2004
    i worked on a stanley cup kind of thing for like a week but i couldnt get it too look right. it was a good concept with the names on the rings of the cup. what a shame.
    edited May 2004
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']...it was a good concept with the names on the rings of the cup...
    That sounds cool. It could be 3-D and you could rotate it to read the names all around.

Don't abandon that idea, it could come in very handy. :)
    edited May 2004
    ya that sounds cool. what program would i use to do something like that?
  • VicodinVicodin Chicago
    edited May 2004
    Alrighty...

It's still a work in progress but let's see how you feel about the concept.

Remember - membership has it's privileges.

It's a 'Fold' card. Get it? Like Gold card.. but FOLD. Y'see they sound alike but one has an F instead of a G. As in 'we fold'. But it's a gold card... umm... err...

Oh geez, I'm tired.

Fold On.
    edited May 2004
    WOW thats great Vic.

I see Spidey is back as well.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    hahahah! perfect!