MAN! These SM Guys are everywhere!

RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
edited June 2004 in Community
Found this USB-with-a-split-personality article on HardwareHell.com, by none other than our one-and -only Media Man! (The crowd goes wild!) :celebrate

http://www.hwhell.com/news/tech_tips_rewire_usb_ports_short-media/

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited May 2004
    *snicker* that song (yes we have no bananas) is sooo annoying. We should make it our theme song. :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Got USB? For some reason, the nutjobs at Short-Media didn't think so. They decided it would be a good idea (no, really) to try to come up with a way to not only split a single USB port into 2 devices, but also make the rear USB ports that are HARDWIRED into the motherboard accessible up on the front of the case. Read all about it here.
    Nutjobs, man. Insane. Crazy.

Did you say bananas? Yes, we have no bananas. We have no bananas... todaaaaaay

;D;D and once again..we make our mark on the world ;D;D

woowoo :celebrate
    edited May 2004
    Oh just wait <strike>Dan</strike> Shorty... you haven't seen the article I've got up my sleeve yet. :D
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited May 2004
    I prefer the term "clever" rather than "nutjob". I guess I should go ahead an paint a shiny aluminum case a different color now. Lessee...trash an aluminum case? Oh why not.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    That article reminds me of "I wonder what would have if..."

Most of my experiences with "I wonder what would have if..." have ended with injuries, broken things, and interesting side effects... I like the article. I would NEVER do the MOD myself but it did clarify how USB functions and that is much more important than the MOD itself... IMHO.

-qch
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    And when Leo finally makes his way to this fruitcake thread, look what intuitive Google adds are displayed! ;D;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Hey, that's it! Yesss, we'll open a "Global Ripening Room" sub-forum. Is that where the nutjobs will hang out, er, perhaps the fruitcakes? :scratch:
    edited May 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    Hey, that's it! Yesss, we'll open a "Global Ripening Room" sub-forum. Is that where the nutjobs will hang out, er, perhaps the fruitcakes? :scratch:
    Leo....

This is where it gets a little bizarre, you see.. when I left school and went into full time employment.. I went to work a company that imported and exported fresh produce (fruit and veg) as a salesman ;D

I know how to ripen bananas :cool:
    edited May 2004
    They have fresh produce in Britain? Land Where The Sun Never Shines? :eek:;D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    All shipped there and then they ship some of it to other countries... potatoes grow just about anywhere...
    edited May 2004
    Yes :D

The sun has been blazing here for weeks. It's fabolous here at the moment. Ask Keebler, he was here for two weeks!

English Strawberries > *

Nuff said.
    edited June 2004
    See, Shorty?
    http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=244

If they said "Nutjobs, man. Insane. Crazy. Did you say bananas? Yes, we have no bananas. We have no bananas... todaaaaaay" when they saw MediaMan's USB article, I can't wait to see what they'll say about what I did... ;D
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Christ almighty mate. You really need to spend some time in the sunshine. I think spending so much time in your room is getting to you

/me walks away shaking his head and muttering "Putting heatsinks on your friggin dsl modem :shakehead "
    ;D;D;D
    edited June 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    See, Shorty?
    http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=244

If they said "Nutjobs, man. Insane. Crazy. Did you say bananas? Yes, we have no bananas. We have no bananas... todaaaaaay" when they saw MediaMan's USB article, I can't wait to see what they'll say about what I did... ;D
    You are officially off your rocker mate.. ;D;D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2004
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Thrax meet Sleep. Sleep meet Thrax. Now you two have been introduced.
    What damn time is it over there???
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    5:30 AM at the time of posting. It's now 6:05 AM.
    edited June 2004
    Get Some Bloody Sleep!