Forum Etiquette - Response Thread

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited May 2004 in Spyware & Virus Removal
Here,here.
Couldn't this be on a notice (whatever) that is shown on the registration page.
The community feeling here is worth preserving.

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2004
    Whole heartedly agree Prime. This place has a special, friendly feel about it. Mainly because everyone IS friendly, well mannered and enjoy a bit of friendly stirring.

A bit of courtesy goes a long way. Personally, i live by the motto: Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself. :thumbsup:
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I may be guilty of this terrible offense. Shame on me. I have been hanging out here for about 8 months now, I can not begin to tell you guys how much you have helped me. My computer knowledge has grown exponentially on a monthly basis. I owe this all to you guys. Nearly every post I have made was about a problem I was having. I always try to be polite and courteous but I am sure that on ocassion I may have slipped up. But without fail you guys have pulled me out of the dumper. Amazing !! And most of the time it is within minutes of the original post ! Short-Media is "THE" place. I wish I could return some of the help you guys have given me but , I feel I am not yet qualified to answer most of the questions. So about the only way I have of saying "Thanks" is to fold for Team 93 .

Let there be no doubt...You guys are truly appreciated !

Team Spirit
    Friendly atmosphere
    endless knowledge
    Hot Chicks

Who would want to go anywhere else ? Short-Media ROCKS

Thanks again

Scott
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Hot chicks?
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Lol yeah, hot chicks? We've got LIN, Jen & Trinity, but who else...?

~Cyrix
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited May 2004
    sorry to get off topic but i have to ask, CyrixInstead your avatar shows a Nvidia NV40. Whats that?
    edited May 2004
    Mr. Kwitko wrote:
    Hot chicks?

LOL just checking to see if anyone would notice. :) ( my sick humor )

Scott
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited May 2004
    Are we talking real women or chicken. :D

BTW NV40 is a low cost Gpu that hasn't been used in years other than in some rare systems that nobody ever will own. :D

As for on topic this place has given me alot during these months and i hope that i will someday be able to return some. :thumbsup:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    --> EyesOnly

Um, I know TWO P4 boxes running at 3 GHz or better that are generating over 2000 Points\Week for folding between them and do other things well, neither of which have an Nvidia core gpu AS ADVANCED as an Nv40 (they do have Nvidia video cards, the Linux box gets by with a GeForce2 MX400, the XP box with a GF4 4800 SE). They also desktop publish, fax, account form my spending and my companies spending, burn CDs at 40X, etc. :D:nudge:

They don't game, that might be why. But to each, his own taste, and bless them ALL. :D;)
  • edited May 2004
    thank you to those who've helped me with my puter! Prime, Dexter, and a few others....thank you!!! seriously. you guys are awesome.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I may be guilty of this terrible offense. Shame on me. I have been hanging out here for about 8 months now, I can not begin to tell you guys how much you have helped me.
    Scott, now that's community spirit! Thanks for the feedback.

ThePez. On behalf of the staff and other help, you're thanks are acknowledged and appreciated.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited May 2004

~Cyrix

Sally (Jonshandbrake) :p
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004

~Cyrix

you rang? :)

on a more serious note - i'm glad you started this thread, prime. i do a lot more reading than posting here, and what you're asking for is good manners - plain and simple. i've followed and watched S-M evolve into a terrific forum with terrific members. kudos to you all. :thumbsup:

that being said (and i think i'm in the right forum for asking this) - what the heck is a HJT log and how do i produce one should the need arise? many thanks in advance!

LIN
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I hate you all.
    <font size=1 face=timesnewroman><i>(cough)</i></font>
    edited May 2004
    I see thrax has gone off his meds again. :)

Scott
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    LIN wrote:
    you rang? :)

on a more serious note - i'm glad you started this thread, prime. i do a lot more reading than posting here, and what you're asking for is good manners - plain and simple. i've followed and watched S-M evolve into a terrific forum with terrific members. kudos to you all. :thumbsup:

that being said (and i think i'm in the right forum for asking this) - what the heck is a HJT log and how do i produce one should the need arise? many thanks in advance!

LIN

take ur time - i see Thrax is available in my time zone on IM ;)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    LIN, HijackThis log.
    It is software that identifies everything that loads on your machine. A great way to undo spyware and clean out space wasting junk. Look at the security forum. I am on dial up now and can't look the links up for you.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited May 2004
    LIN wrote:

Lin,

as mentioned, HJT is a tool for viewing and removing browser hijack items, as well as certain Registry startup entries.

If you read my original Remove Omegasearch Article , you will find an explanation of how to use Hijack This. You can download it from Short-Media's download page as well: http://www.short-media.com/download.php?dc=69

Feel free to run HJT on your system, then post a log for review by our security forum regulars, to make sure you have a clean system :)

Dexter...
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Bud wrote:
    sorry to get off topic but i have to ask, CyrixInstead your avatar shows a Nvidia NV40. Whats that?

It's the new nVidia chip. I like the look of it, it's very shiny :D

You could say its gonna be the :leet: processor of the future. Hell it's the only chip that can run the Unreal engine 3 ;D .

~Cyrix
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    scott wrote:
    I see thrax has gone off his meds again. :)

Scott

/me twitches
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2004
    many thanks, dexter and edcentric - i appreciate the links, too.
    i'm almost afraid of what i'll find!

LIN