Farm...finished finally..w00t.

dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Today i got to finish the farm. It's about as good as I can get it, as i'm flying back to work in the morning.

Changed 2 more cases over to the Lanboys. Looks much tidier now.

Just a few piccies. Second one is a ground up look, hehe. :)

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    This is what i see looking to the right at my desk.
    edited July 2004
    This is a view from Sally's desk. It backs up to mine.

Also the "Control Centre" at Sally's desk. KVM switches need to have the puter name tags finishing off...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    That last case looks out of place! Change the HP to a Lanboy!
  • edited July 2004
    That is really nice looking, Jon! :thumbsup:You have done a very professional looking job on getting everything in order there.

And I agree with Thrax, you definitely need to throw the guts of the HP into another lanboy case; it looks odd among the other cases. :D
    edited July 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    That last case looks out of place! Change the HP to a Lanboy!

Actually Sally suggested the same. You are right ofcourse, it would look heaps better. :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    You've got quite the farm there, Jon. It's amazing (And envy-inducing) thing to see. Great work! To you and Sally both.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Way to go guys!!! :thumbsup:

That is totally awesome looking and we already know how well it works. :bawling:

Now for the big question:
    I already know it is warm where you live. So how much does it cost to keep you house cool with all that heat being generated combined with the heat outside??? :eek2:
    edited July 2004
    At the moment we are in our "Winter" months, Larry. We don't need the gas heating on as often as we used too, hehe. Summer may be another story. The A/C you can see in one of the pics is a 2 1/2 HP one. In the past we have had it running pretty much 24/7 as it cools the "Back-room" and into the kitchen/lounge area.

We are hoping it will still do close to the same this coming summer, our first with the farm. Should the rooms get too hot, we have a 2 3/4 HP A/C in the main lounge, which also cools to the end with the bedrooms. 2 out of 3 bedrooms also have a little 1 HP jobbie. Cooling should not be a problem (we hope). Just not sure how the one A/C will cope.

A quick estimation, judging from our last bill, we guessed around an extra $100 AUD per month. We are more power conscious now and try to turn electrical items off on a more regular basis.

It's all for a good cause, hence i have not really looked into it too deeply.
    At my age i may not survive the shock, hehehe. :hair:
  • edited July 2004
    I've just got to say that the farm is truly a sight to behold, very well done and very very professional...I've seen business setups that could deffinitely not stand up to the quality you've exhibited.
  • edited July 2004
    Very nice job Jon/Sally :) Very tidy and nice looking. It's a stark contrast to my ghetto rigs. Be sure to wave to the ghetto setup as you pass.

KF
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Spectacular! :thumbsup: :celebrate
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Nice room, great wiring, nice and tidy. Excellent job, you two.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Awe inspiring. :wow:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Awesome looking setup there!!!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    That hub/switch looks like it needs some more 'puters ;)

looks great!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    Sweet! :respect:

-damn, now I have to clean drool out of my keyboard-
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited July 2004
    I want to say something very dramatic about this project - but I am out of words! Best looking farm I have ever seen - and you say your project is to clean the room? You will never come into my basement - I would be so ashamed of that mess. YIKES!! My office is worse! Jack
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Can we hire you as a wiring consultant? My clients could definitely benefit from your organizational skills ;D

Looks fantastic. Congrats :D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    Dude... just... dude. That looks very, very nice. :thumbsup: