Whats ur next card?

2»

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    Ok, I have a problem. I'm not sure how to answer your question. Is my next card the MSI 9800 Pro (with XT GPU & RAM) I just bought, or is it the Leadtek 6800GT I bought at the same time? Should I just go with whichever one I touch first? ;D
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    Ok, I have a problem. I'm not sure how to answer your question. Is my next card the MSI 9800 Pro (with XT GPU & RAM) I just bought, or is it the Leadtek 6800GT I bought at the same time? Should I just go with whichever one I touch first? ;D
    How much and from where?!? :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I'm with Shorty and mudd. So I can't vote.
    edited July 2004
    Omega, $435 and from Newegg. I originally ordered one from Atacom, since they were getting a shipment yesterday, and I could have had it yesterday, but they only got 3 cards and had to fill backorders. So, rather than wait for Atacom to get it next thursday, I ordered it from newegg, it'll be here on tuesday, and it cost me like $75 less (total, between the 9800 and the 6800; Atacom charges a 3% service fee for order pickups that are paid for with credit cards/checks too, so that's part of the $75)

//EDIT
    And I just checked Newegg. They've changed the price to $455, and they're gone already anyhow. The PNY ones will supposedly be in stock later today. I suggest you use e-mail notification on this one guys, because the cards will go fast
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    leadtek is the shiz
    edited July 2004
    Hopefully. The damn heatsink on it looks big enough. :D However, in all honesty, I would've bought any of the 6800GTs they had in stock that were ~$440 or less
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2004
    I think I'll wait until they drop in price further. I really hate the idea of paying over $250 for a video card.

Now that ATI and Nvidia each have competitive cards, they should drop in price rapidily once the manufacturing issues get worked out. (fingers crossed)

Plenty of votes for the 6800GT but none for the 6800 Ultra.....