Shorty!!!!

Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
edited August 2003 in Community
Ya know, I realize you're having fun playing around with the code and all, but I only have so much patience, and when I get the attached error message on nearly every... single... thread... it begins to get to me... otherwise I'll have to fly out to England, come over to your house, move all your food into the cabinets ABOVE the counter and take your chairs, stools, and ladders away. :D;D;D

In all seriousness tho... is this an issue with my laptop (stupid P4...) or the site itself?

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Error :wtf:

What's the error?? :bawling:

Ps.. I haven't added anything to the code for over a week. I do think I have a clue what it is though :(

Pps... Spinner apparently is living on my couch after I used his name for Kazaa file sharing, so everything has been moved higher in my house :bawling: I can't find anything :bawling:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    ~Reaches for <i>the</i> button, and gazes complacently at Shorty~
    edited August 2003
    Thrax said
    ~Reaches for <i>the</i> button, and gazes complacently at Shorty~

:eek: Not that button!

:wtf: I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited August 2003
    ooops... help if I attached the file, huh? :banghead: :banghead:

This error
    edited August 2003
    Shorty said
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

This bickering is pointless. Lord Pass will provide us with the location of the abnormal code by the time this station is operational. We will then crush the anomalies with one swift stroke!
    edited August 2003
    :rolleyes: *sigh* I don't know which one of you is worse, you know that? :D
    edited August 2003
    We don't know either. ;D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I get that error as well on both XP with latest IE and at work on Win95 IE 5.5.

Can it be teh sig generator? I think so.

EDIT//** FYI i didnt get it here, no one in this thread so far have the sig generator.

EDIT again//**I get the error as many times as there are picture sigs of any kind in the thread. If for instance Wug has posted 3 times in the same thread (Which he always have) but Mediaman have only one post, i get the error twice. Note, this is just an example.
    edited August 2003
    Mack, well... I DO have the sig generator code in my sig (2 instances of it, no less) but the bg is my own (obviously) and it's all in a table and stuff, so...
    edited August 2003
    Thrax said
    We don't know either. ;D

Amen brudda ;D
    edited August 2003
    Mackanz said

EDIT//** FYI i didnt get it here, no one in this thread so far have the sig generator.

EDIT again//**I get the error as many times as there are picture sigs of any kind in the thread. If for instance Wug has posted 3 times in the same thread (Which he always have) but Mediaman have only one post, i get the error twice. Note, this is just an example.

It's the new sig code I think :( Uh oh.

Watch this space, Im gonna look into it.

Does this ONLY happen on threads with images using the NEW code??
    edited August 2003
    Threadjack start
    Go check your damn wireless thread Shorty!
    Threadjack end
    edited August 2003
    ;D;D @ ^
    edited August 2003
    Shorty said
    Mackanz said

It's the new sig code I think :( Uh oh.

Watch this space, Im gonna look into it.

Does this ONLY happen on threads with images using the NEW code??

It happens on threads where ANY have a pictured sig. It doesnt have to be the new sig generator, but it may be worth checking out. If i made a thread with 100 posts, you would get that error only once, but you will get it every time you go to that thread.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Works fine for me on IE and Mozilla....sucks to be you :p
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Same here, I have had a look around and havnt had the problem once. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2003
    I suppose I should finally instill some personal cognizance to this thread:

I don't have any issues on IE6 either.
    edited August 2003
    I sent Shortster the debugged code and hopefully he will find something from it.
    edited August 2003
    It's folding sig code.

I disabled Geekys sig and Creeps sig in the thread Mack linked me to. The error stopped appearing.

I put the sigs back and the error reappeared.

Damn. Im gonna have to go kill Keebler :( he has worked really hard on these sigs.

Mackster. Go to that thread you linked and tell me if you get the same error still :)

///EDIT/// Oh crap :eek: Ive just checked something else! Users with new folding sigs.. they aren't showing up at all ///EndEDIT///
    edited August 2003
    :bawling: my siiiiiig! noooooooooooooo! :D
    edited August 2003
    Probably the cause for our massive slow-down earlier as well. The code probably went all ass-up and spent a fair bit of loading time trying to display...Nothing.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    :mad:

Did this perhaps begin at 2:28 am EST? The last sig update took place then. There might have been a bad write for some reason.

I'm going to go execute a forced update and see if that helps.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    OMG, I fuxored the php file!

Ohhhhhh nuts...

Boys and girls, never edit critical files just before leaving your workstation for the weekend... that's the lesson here.
    edited August 2003
    Shorty said
    It's folding sig code.

I disabled Geekys sig and Creeps sig in the thread Mack linked me to. The error stopped appearing.

I put the sigs back and the error reappeared.

Damn. Im gonna have to go kill Keebler :( he has worked really hard on these sigs.

Mackster. Go to that thread you linked and tell me if you get the same error still :)

///EDIT/// Oh crap :eek: Ive just checked something else! Users with new folding sigs.. they aren't showing up at all ///EndEDIT///

Fine and dandy now, even on a P200/16mb/Win95. LOL

Much faster forums as well now.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    General Keebler said

Ohhhhhh nuts...

Boys and girls, never edit critical files just before leaving your workstation for the weekend... that's the lesson here.

I opened it when I got home and read your IMs and it was all jarbled. I wasnt sure what it was supposed to look like. Aran said it was something like this, echo(' , or something and that will happen.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited August 2003
    Geeky1 said
    ooops... help if I attached the file, huh? :banghead: :banghead:

This error

You need to disable machine debug manager in services. That is installed with Microsoft Office. mse.exe attaches a JIT (which is mdm.exe) when running internet explorer. Apparently Microsoft thought that if you had Microsoft Script editor installed (mse.exe) that you would want to debug others websites.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited August 2003
    Oh, forgot the image
    edited August 2003
    Danball,

May i ask why you would disable that utility? What if something IS wrong? (In this case, it is) How would you know where to look and start? This debugger is actually pretty powerful and can get you very good and quick troubleshooting help. Please, read the whole thread first.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Well this is fun.... I like to see that we are all trying to solve these problems... Good community here at SM. Cool.... I'm not going anywhere. Let us know when you guys get it fixed. I would help, but my coding is very poor and quite frankly, I don't like coding because of just these types of things.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    General Keebler said

Ohhhhhh nuts...

*cough*devserver*cough*