*NEW* SiI3x12: Serial ATA (SATA) RAID/IDE BIOS v.4250 Released

EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
edited November 2011 in Science & Tech
No documentation available.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    thanks equito.
    is this for the controller on the nf7-s v2.0?
    I'm not at home right now to check.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited September 2004
    You're welcome! yeah, for the NF7-S v2.0
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited September 2004
    Thanks EQ', flashed and working fine.
  • edited September 2004
    Hey Fellas, I've got a GigaByte GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev2) M/B with a 3200+ XP Athlon. My Sil 3512 on Board RAID controller is showing 4.2.33 BIOS is there any way of updating this? It seems GigaByte don't update the RAID BIOS in there M/B BIOS. Lastest BIOS for my M/B is FI. Cheers, Si.
    edited September 2004
    Simon6795 wrote:
    Hey Fellas, I've got a GigaByte GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev2) M/B with a 3200+ XP Athlon. My Sil 3512 on Board RAID controller is showing 4.2.33 BIOS is there any way of updating this? It seems GigaByte don't update the RAID BIOS in there M/B BIOS. Lastest BIOS for my M/B is FI. Cheers, Si.
    here you go: modified bios v.FI with latest SATA bios v.4347 for the Si3512 RAID controller.

I have no way to test this bios so use at your own risk! or visit this link for instruction on how to do it yourself.

Good luck!
    edited September 2004
    EQuito wrote:
    here you go: modified bios v.FI with latest SATA bios v.4347 for the Si3512 RAID controller.

I have no way to test this bios so use at your own risk! or visit this link for instruction on how to do it yourself.

Good luck!
    He shoots... he scores! :Rocker:

A response within 30 minutes with a modified BIOS to boot (if you excuse the pun). That beats even my record. Smooth EQ'. :respect:
    edited September 2004
    Thanks, I appreciate your kind words and right back at you!

:cheers:
  • edited September 2004
    Ok Cheers, EQuito. i'll give it a bash. Dunno why GigaByte don't keep up to date like other manufacturers but think its a common complaint about them!!
  • edited September 2004
    cheers guys, i've updated successfully!! Thanks for the help/advice and modded BIOS, i'll have a read of the guide so hopefully i can do it myself next time!
    edited September 2004
    Simon6795 wrote:
    Ok Cheers, EQuito. i'll give it a bash. Dunno why GigaByte don't keep up to date like other manufacturers but think its a common complaint about them!!
    You're welcome! glad to be of help.
    Abit is like that too, it takes them 1 or 2 months to update their bios.
  • edited September 2004
    So, what's this do? Faster timings? Bug fixes?
  • edited September 2004
    Improved compatability, bug fixes, slighty improved performance. Depends of course on your particular hardware. Updating to the lastest BIOS makes sure your getting the best out of your controller and hard disks
  • edited September 2004
    Oh yeah remember to keep up to date with the drivers as well, lastest one is 10051 see EQ's other thread in this forum
  • edited September 2004
    Does anyone have the NF7-S BIN file already modified with it? If so, could they please post it?
  • kotkot
    edited October 2004
    EQuito wrote:

Good luck!

Can I beg you for a similar binary for the GA-SINXP1394 motherboard? Also known as GA-8SQ800 Ultra2? As you can see from the link, Gigabyte last updated this BIOS 18 months ago, and the on-board SiL-3112A does not see either of my two new SATA drives :-(

I don't even have a DOS nor Windows machine to perform the steps documented at the cbromtutorial link :-( My existing boxes run FreeBSD and this new machine has no OS at all...

Thanks!
    edited October 2004
    kot wrote:
    Can I beg you for a similar binary for the GA-SINXP1394 motherboard? Also known as GA-8SQ800 Ultra2? As you can see from the link, Gigabyte last updated this BIOS 18 months ago, and the on-board SiL-3112A does not see either of my two new SATA drives :-(

I don't even have a DOS nor Windows machine to perform the steps documented at the cbromtutorial link :-( My existing boxes run FreeBSD and this new machine has no OS at all...

Thanks!
    There you go.
  • kotkot
    edited October 2004
    Wow! That was quick and, actually, helped! Unbelieveable... We all owe you, guys, much gratitude, and Gigabyte owes you much money. Thanks!
  • edited October 2004
    Bios Beg, please can someone create a version of the bios for my motherboard. :o

I have a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro with sil3112A and my brand new Serial ATA Drive is not working it is not been detected on boot :confused: already removed all my IDE Drives and my other Serial ATA drive is working, tried swapping cables etc, am getting desperate is it possible for a bios fix for the Serial ATA raid bios??
    Am presuming other people must have this problem, i have a work around it involves plugging the SATA cable into the drive after the system has 'beeped' but this is totally impossible to maintain. Otherwise it is not detected from boot :(
    edited October 2004
    Bios Beg, please can someone create a version of the bios for my motherboard. :o

I have a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro with sil3112A and my brand new Serial ATA Drive is not working it is not been detected on boot :confused: already removed all my IDE Drives and my other Serial ATA drive is working, tried swapping cables etc, am getting desperate is it possible for a bios fix for the Serial ATA raid bios??
    Am presuming other people must have this problem, i have a work around it involves plugging the SATA cable into the drive after the system has 'beeped' but this is totally impossible to maintain. Otherwise it is not detected from boot :(
    Presuming your mobo is exactly the model you specified and not 'Pro 2' or 'Pro 2 revision 2', then the below is the latest bios revision for your board modded with the latest SI3112A controller BIOS. Try it then post back.

Cheers
  • edited October 2004
    woohoo! Cant try it now, at work :(. i dont have the pro II version or anything, got my board a while ago, will try it :) Thanks Spinner
  • edited October 2004
    I have a GA-K8N Pro with SI-3512 SATA RAID BIOS 4.3.47 and F12 motherboard bios. Can someone tell me if 4.3.47 is the latest bios for my raid controller and if not what is the latest and how do i update it, i have updated my m/b bios from F11 to F12 but i am not sure if the SI-3512 BIOS is updated with the F12 bios or if you need to update it seperately. I am having some stability problems since updating to XP SP2. Thanks
  • edited October 2004
    yeah 4.3.47 is the lastest BIOS for your controller, i'm running a GA-7N400 Pro2 and that has the same controller, from my experience GigaByte don't seem to update the SATA BIOS in there M/B BIOS updates. To check for lastest version go to www.siimage.com/home.asp . Enter 3512 in the product search box on the left and it should take u to the lastest BIOS/driver updates for your controller. You can use the lastest drivers on your controller with no problems but to update your M/B with future 3512 BIOS's you'll need to modify GigaBytes M/B BIOS
  • edited October 2004
    thanks for the quick reply Simon, you answered my questions. I wouldnt know how to modify the gigabyte m/b bios to include future 3512 bios updates, so i think i will just have to rely on gigabyte to hopefully include them in their bios updates.
  • edited October 2004
    This web site www.freewebs.com/tmod/cbromtutorial.htm contains a tutorial on how to modify your main M/B BIOS to include the new SATA BIOS. As anything to do with updating/modifying BIOS its done at your own risk, so if your not confident then it may be best to ask Spinner or EQ if they could do a modded BIOS for u.
    edited October 2004
    Simon6795 wrote:
    ...it may be best to ask Spinner or EQ if they could do a modded BIOS for u.
    Yes, and we'd be more than happy to do it. So don't hesitate to ask in the future.

Cheers :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2004
    Hi Spinner

Would it be any trouble to mod a bios for the GA7n400 Pro2 board?
    Pity your mods aren't on the Gigabyte website! But maybe that would lose someone a job.

Thanks in advance.
    edited November 2004
    daveh wrote:
    Hi Spinner

Would it be any trouble to mod a bios for the GA7n400 Pro2 board?
    Pity your mods aren't on the Gigabyte website! But maybe that would lose someone a job.

Thanks in advance.
    There you go. One is for revision 1 of your board, the other is for revision 2. Make sure you use the appropriate one.

Regards

Spinner
  • edited November 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    There you go. One is for revision 1 of your board, the other is for revision 2. Make sure you use the appropriate one.

Regards

Spinner

Thanks, I will give this a try.
    Regards
    David
  • edited November 2004
    Spinner can you forward me that new bios you made for the 7n400 Pro2 version 2 that includes the latest SI 3512 drivers. Thanks very much.
  • edited November 2004
    Spinner. Opps. Nevermind. When I first looked at the thread I wasn't a member so I couldn't see the attachement. Thanks.