addaboy UT server

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Gaming
Well gang, I'm getting the UT server set back up. It will be shared by my 3 favorite sites- addaboy.com, short-media, and icrontic, so you'll all be welcome to play on it. I'm hoping to have it up and running in a week or so. It's already paid for and we're working out the setup now. So we'll be able to start up the tourny matches again. Hope you all enjoy it. :cool:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    :respect:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    :respect::thumbsup::thumbsup::respect:

Great, Just as the :ukflag: vs :usflag: thread is starting to heat up again.:D
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Excellent, since there are a large combined group of gamers between the three sites.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    :respect::thumbsup::thumbsup::respect:

Great, Just as the :ukflag: vs :usflag: thread is starting to heat up again.:D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Shorty, I like your user title.... do you like mine?
    edited August 2003
    primesuspect said
    Shorty, I like your user title.... do you like mine?

Ahahahahaahahaha ;D
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2003
    Wonderful news. Thanks Hawk.
    Shorty do we have to give Icrontic and Addaboy some points to start them off or shall we all play one handed?

bothered.:wave:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    rainbow12.gif
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Glad to see everyone is interested. I thought you all would like to have it back. Thats why I decided to do it. Besides, Now we can have our own server to have fun on. Woooot
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Hey, and we could even have an addaboy/S-M/icrontic tournament!!

Oh, and :respect: hawk

~Cyrix
    edited August 2003
    Man. I want this server to go up so badly :sad2:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Does anyone still play UT (original), or is UT 2003 the only way to go now?

If I play you guys are in for a real laugh...:rolleyes:

Prof
    edited August 2003
    I still play UT.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    profdlp, No UT2003! This is the original man! 2003 is too slow and for those that don't have killer graphics cards-it doesn't play very well. There's still way more original UT servers out there, than 2003. When I get on the UT game and it loads the servers it finds about 450-500 servers runnin. Also all you have to do is practice a little and you'll do ok. I try to play once a day for a few games to keep up the nimble fingers. lol
    edited August 2003
    I've got the 436 patch, which I assume is the latest.

I have practiced a bit since my nephews were here about two weeks ago (what's an Uncle for, if not to corrupt their sisters kids...:tongue: )

I can usually beat the computer in the practice matches, but I'll probably get stomped against you guys.:sawed::sawed::sawed:

Prof
    edited August 2003
    Oh, I forgot:

:respect: :usflag:

Prof
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited August 2003
    Well, we guarentee 24 hour setups on all accounts.

Custom servers kinda count.. but I think a week is a long shot.

I talked to my lead game tech last night. He commented that there was a first time for every server, and didn't see a problem getting this online asap. I'm buggin him this morning to see if he got it installed, cause I'm still going to have to write the init scripts to control startups and restarts. If he drops the ball, I'll get something running myself. I'm definatly not a newb admin, but hell thats what I pay him to do ;)

Its comming.. its comming
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Hawk or Rob, let me know when it's alive and I'll have a chat with prime and/or shorty and we'll set up a time to have another US vs. UK thing. I gotta practice. I also want to thank Hawk, he's the one fronting the money on this, he's the one running it, he's the one gathering all the maps, he's doing all the work, all in the name of a good time and addaboy.com, so Hawk, thank you!
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    kanezfan said
    Hawk or Rob, let me know when it's alive and I'll have a chat with prime and/or shorty and we'll set up a time to have another US vs. UK thing. I gotta practice. I also want to thank Hawk, he's the one fronting the money on this, he's the one running it, he's the one gathering all the maps, he's doing all the work, all in the name of a good time and addaboy.com, so Hawk, thank you!

We also have the potential for a ShortMedia vs Addaboy vs Icrontic game. Now that should be good :thumbsup::ninja:
    edited August 2003
    that's definitely something we can do too, but i think some people might not know where to place their loyalties lol. Is there some kind of announcer thing for UT? I could do play by play commentary of the match! that would be awesome!
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited August 2003
    Its running, but I won't release his IP address untill he has a chance to configure it as needed.

Also, I would like to have some time to write some scripts to control the server. Like checking for changes in the config and reloading the server as needed. We don't currently support UT, but if this works out well we might add it as a officially supported product. For that to happen, we need alot of automation in place, to handle reboots and config changes.

/me breaks out his bash handbook and goes to work

Hawk is paying for this baby, so its his to do as he pleases. All comments and questions need to be directed to him, I just thought you guys would like to know its being actively worked on.
  • SlickSlick
    goes and finds a copy of UT so he can n00b1fy k4n3z.
    Upstate New York
    edited August 2003
    goes and finds a copy of UT so he can n00b1fy k4n3z.
    edited August 2003
    Slick said
    * Slick goes and finds a copy of UT so he can n00b1fy k4n3z.

That's easy enough ;D
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Awesome news! :)
    edited August 2003
    i see how it is, i see.... bring it biatches, i'll make sure to hunt you down one by one!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2003
    kanezfan said
    i see how it is, i see.... bring it biatches, i'll make sure to hunt you down one by one!

Ha ha, Good one.

bothered.
    edited August 2003
    Status report? Can I frag yet?!?!! :eek2:
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited August 2003
    I found myself a copy of unreal and im ready to n00bify you guys (i prolly wont even be able to get a kill off :p). Whats the ip!!!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    OK everyone, Here's the IP for addaboy UT server-- 198.64.189.26 --- start your UT game and go to favorites- right click and hit add favorite--type in the ip and name it addaboy ut and enter. The game is set on basic games right now, because I'm working with my ISP to resolve getting the admin sign in page up on port 8080. You can go play now, but I don't have all the maps etc in yet. It will be set soon and I'll give you all the maps, skins, mods list. And I'm sure our administrators here will put a link to it on the front page for you all. ps: the version is 436. :cool:
    edited August 2003
    WOOT!

I'll see you guys out on the field!! :D:D:D:D:D