addaboy UT server

Comments

• astroworpastroworp Northridge, CA
    edited August 2003
    hrm, that's a ways off from now... anyone wanna play right now? i've got all afternoon to kill
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Here's how I think this is working:

People are staring at the server, waiting for other people to go in. They won't go in unless another person is in there. Everyone is exhibiting this same quality, so everyone is waiting for one other person to go in, and since no one will, it's just a big waiting circle.

If you enter, they will come.
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited August 2003
    Here's how I think this is working:

People are staring at the server, waiting for other people to go in. They won't go in unless another person is in there. Everyone is exhibiting this same quality, so everyone is waiting for one other person to go in, and since no one will, it's just a big waiting circle.

If you enter, they will come.
    Your exactly right. People look for people usually. They might not sit and wait for addaboy to fill up, but that same person might join and give ya a few good rounds.

When i fired up a ut2k3 server for myself, i would join and it would fill up in a matter of minutes. But if it was only bots, it stayed that way.

I'm glad everythings working well for you guys. You can see why I upgraded this machine. My thoughts are its better to replace slower machines with faster than spend more money on space for more machines. Heres the types of loads we had. a load of 100 is a unix load of 1.00 you can see the old mahchine, me working on it, and then the new machine.
    edited August 2003
    Server borked again 7:04 AM EST on 08/13/2003.
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited August 2003
    Looks like the UT instance crashed, the server is fine. Currently, it looks like a few people playing too.

It should restart all by itself, nothing we can do outside of that.

17433 XxXxuserXxXx 15 0 22548 22M 2268 S 16.8 1.4 0:29 0 ucc-bin
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I'm sure the server will be back shortly, however I agree on the waiting game part, since no one knows who's on when, maybe we can find some kind of script that will show in a web page or a sig who's on or not? anyhow, like last time, here's your official announcement :P

This Sunday, at noon EST, 1700 BST, we will hold our first official death match/ctf/whatever else session to inaugurate the new server. I don't wanna call it a UK vs. US tournament or an addaboy vs. short-media thing yet, more of a breaking in the server for stress testing and load type thing. Let's not pick teams, we'll just jump in and play and have a good time. Remember, this Sunday August 17 at 1200 EST, 1700 BST, everyone join in for max deathmatch fun! I'll post this on addaboy and icrontic too
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Well, if my internet is working by then (which it bloody well better be otherwise blood will be spilt) then I am up for this :thumbsup:
    edited August 2003
    It was up about 2 minutes after I posted.

I was too busy schooling Souriat and Nixxer for many rounds to come back. ;D

I'll be there on Sunday. Prepare to be owned.

/me adds Souriat and Nixxer to the "Pwned" list: Nixxer, Shwaip, Souriat, EMT, Slick and a few more
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited August 2003
    Bah it was the pings i say! Nothing to do with lack of skill on my part, nope definatly not! :P
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Thrax? I beat you once and you beat me once iirc...

Sunday's cool, I hope to be there.
    edited August 2003
    Shwaip got me once. I got you three times. :D
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Hmm. We'll see.

At least team US will kick ass :)
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited August 2003
    My deaths were for the following reason:

I'm total crap at it (Planetside is such a different type of FPS *sniff*) and it was my first actual time on UT. Played 2K3 and was mediocre at that.

I might get better so watch out!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2003
    bothered makes note, Sun 5:00pm. Wash and iron outfit.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    bothered said
    bothered makes note, Sun 5:00pm. Wash and iron outfit.

Don't forget the starch!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited August 2003
    meh....anyone wanna have a go right now?
    edited August 2003
    woot, I hopped on last night at around 10, it was me and pro and a bunch of bots for a while, and then slick showed up, he's good! I played two or three maps, glad I hadn't lost my touch. I'll probably hop on tonight too at some point.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    You guys took this poor old man to school... :scratch:

Next time... ;D
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited August 2003
    You think Im good, thraxs owns me.
    edited August 2003
    i don't know, i didn't notice you until that last map before i hopped on and we were neck and neck for the lead. it seemed to me like you came out of nowhere and shot up to the top, i was like oh **** slick is gonna pwn me!!! i can't believe how fast it feels at 120% game speed, it sure as hell makes it much more fun to play though.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2003
    So any update guys? After the power problems in America is it still on for tomorrow?

bothered.
    edited August 2003
    hehehehe

UT server is still up. People still up for a game tommorrow :D
    edited August 2003
    wtf, I posted my above reply over an hour before it showed up. Well before bothered poster ;D;D;D;D
    edited August 2003
    Yep. I'll be there.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited August 2003
    I will be there too.
    edited August 2003
    Thrax said
    Yep. I'll be there.

myself as well :)
    edited August 2003
    i'll be there too!
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited August 2003
    I'll be there to smote you all with my lameness! ;)
    edited August 2003
    I may have to go out this afternoon, but if I can get out of it I am there :thumbsup:
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited August 2003
    Same im out will try to make the fraggy goodness but doubt theres much chance :(