Over? It ain't over till we SAY it's over.... Top 10 comeback thread

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2004
    I agree. This is more like the team huddling at halftime to regroup and go out and kick some butt. :D
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited November 2004
    Well yah, sure, but it still made me feel guilty for backing out ;D. Even if it wasn't what was intended - it worked :p
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited November 2004
    I've added 2 more machines in the last week, and should be adding another 15 or so in the next few weeks, all 2.4GHz P4s. :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2004
    deicist wrote:
    I've added 2 more machines in the last week, and should be adding another 15 or so in the next few weeks, all 2.4GHz P4s. :)

Sweet
    :thumbsup:
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    the idea of falling behind "Team MacOS X" in January is not appealing to me. I'll do what I can. For now the best I got is a 200mhz OC until I can convince some friends to fold. If I get better memory I'll even make this a 400 mhz OC :D. Until then, do what you can mates.

p.s.

is there a list of parts we need to get the next team folding machine going? If there is someone please point me to it so I know what to get if a friend is throwing something out or upgrades and doesnt know what to do with the spare parts etc. Right now I have access to a 250w power supply, and possibly a Geforce FX 5200.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Someone here once told me that most of "Team MacOS X" production comes from Windows/X86 boxen... ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Well it's official. We're in 11th place now, but I am proud to say that we added what looks like an extra 6000-10000 points per week in the last few days. That was quite a rally! :thumbsup:

Does anyone have an SA forums account so they can be congratulated? I don't want to pay to sign up just to say "good job" :D
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    An outsiders point of view;

It wasn't that long ago when you original Icrontic folks came home from work/school to find you had no home. :eek:

With some rabbits being pulled out of a hat by Shorty, and MediaMan (along with many others), you folks went pretty much from being next to "Dead in the water" as a Team to move right on up to the top ten.

You can't do that by being a bunch of Dead-@$$'s. ;)

Take pride in knowing who you are and what you represent. :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2004
    Well it's official. We're in 11th place now, but I am proud to say that we added what looks like an extra 6000-10000 points per week in the last few days. That was quite a rally! :thumbsup:

Does anyone have an SA forums account so they can be congratulated? I don't want to pay to sign up just to say "good job" :D

hi, I'm tres dessert from the SA folding team (relatively new member), thank a lot! I'm glad that there are other communities that are so dedicated to finding cures to debilitating diseases and such... congratulations on your successful history as a team and best of luck in the future :thumbsup:
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Hi Tres. Thanks, and keep up the great folding and photoshoping over at SA :D Good work :)
    edited November 2004
    heck yeah, photoshop phriday is freaking awesome. Congrats, you guys :)
  • edited November 2004
    Thanks tres and thanks Buies!
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    I made a presentation on folding, both in person and by email, to the principal of my daughter's elementary school last night. They have a 25-30 computer lab that has a TON of downtime, they let go their computer admin last year due to budget cutbacks. Even if they do go ahead, there's no guarantee it will be for 93 but there's at least a chance. It's a block from here and I have volunteered to a) maintain folding on their network, b) be interactive in promoting the project to both students and administrators as they see fit. The decision probably won't be immediate (if it is, that would likely be bad) but I'll let y'all know how we make out. :cool:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Sweet Keto! :cool:

Thanks for that BuiesC. How have you guys been doing, good I hope. :)

Congrats Tres and thanks for stopping in to say hello. :wave::fold:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2004
    Congrats Guys!!

Yeah most of Team MacOS consists of Windows users.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2004
    Fingers crossed for you Keto............if you don't ask you don't get. :thumbsup:

Good reading your post BC......hope you guys are doing OK. :)

Tres, though we have not met, congrats to your team. It's good to see the rivalry is on a friendly basis. All for :fold:NE cause. :smokin:
    edited November 2004
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Fingers crossed for you Keto............if you don't ask you don't get. :thumbsup:

Good reading your post BC......hope you guys are doing OK. :)

Tres, though we have not met, congrats to your team. It's good to see the rivalry is on a friendly basis. All for :fold:NE cause. :smokin:
    Couldn't have said it better, except to add that Team 93 will be eternally grateful for the great sportsmanship our friendly rivals the Folding Frogs showed us when we were on the ropes.

Friends will help you. Real friends help you when you need it most. :cheers:
  • MacaholicMacaholic 1 Infinite Loop
    edited November 2004
    Greetings and salutations! Have no fear guys! More help is on the way!

Moving%20Tip.jpg
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited November 2004
    Gareth_R diverts his 900+ points per week to Team 93.
    Hope it helps a little guys
    edited November 2004
    Hey, both you guys are switching over to Team 93? If so, thanks a lot! Welcome to Team S-M. :):fold:
    edited November 2004
    Hey wow! Thanks, guys! That's awesome! :D:D

Is this considered an early christmas gift for Team 93? ;)
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited November 2004
    I started Team #34491 folding as Gareth_WNW about 12 months ago. Now up to rank 349.
    However I spend a lot of time browsing this forum and I'm sure they won't mind me defecting for a while. :cool:

2004-11-28 10:09:36
    Active CPUs within 50 days 38
    Team Id 34491
    Grand Score 291149.6 (certificate)
    Work Unit Count 4071 (certificate)
    Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 349 of 34649

Donator Gareth_WNW
    Team Wired North Wales (34491)
    Score 49994 (certificate)
    Donator Rank 5082 of 397681
    WU 731 (certificate)
    Date of last
    work unit 2004-11-27 12:13:42
    Active processors
    (within 50 days) 4
    Active processors
    (within 7 days) 4
    edited November 2004
    Thanks Gareth! We can surely use your support, so welcome aboard....for the time being. :)
    edited November 2004
    Rock on! :mullet:
    edited November 2004
    Gareth wrote:
    Gareth_R diverts his 900+ points per week to Team 93.
    Hope it helps a little guys
    Who you callin' little guys? :D

Thanks, man. Make sure you drop in here for your official Team 93 pat on the back. :thumbsup::fold:
  • edited November 2004
    Hi Tres. Thanks, and keep up the great folding and photoshoping over at SA :D Good work :)

thanks a lot for the compliments - unfortunately i have not yet been featured in a photoshop phriday or comedy goldmine as i am new, i hope to remedy that soon... and our teams need to catch and pass #'s 1-9 so we can top the charts
    :D
  • floontfloont Texas
    edited December 2004
    Hey all! I've been away since the icronic days but I am back folding for 93 again and will be adding some more ghz soon.

floont
    edited December 2004
    welcome back, floont! holy crap that's awesome! :D:D :woowoo:
    edited December 2004
    welcome back, floont! holy crap that's awesome! :D:D :woowoo:
    What he said. :)
    edited December 2004
    FLOONT!!! How's it going? Long time no see, welcome back. :)