WTB: Macintosh Lappy

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited February 2005 in Trading Post
Does anyone know of any good Sites where i can find a Nice Mac Laptop? Oh and i dont want to have to sell a kidney to buy it either. lol

Hmm.. I remember a site where they specifically sold and traded macs, but i cant remember the URL... google didnt help.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Try here, here, and here. Also, don't forget Ebay. There must be tons of Macs of all types and prices there. If you happen on a good Mac site that doesn't have its own trading forum, just post a thread in one of the other forums asking the same question you asked in this thread. If you tell them you're a PC user who is ashamed of his past, and wants to convert to Appleism, they'd bend over backwards to help you.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited February 2005
    lmao, alright dude i will check these sites out!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    I wasn't making fun of you. You are right. Apple does make very nice laptops.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited February 2005
    If you want to run OSX without tearing your hair out because it's so damn slow, you're gonna need at least a 700MHz-1GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM. Keep that in mind...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Not necessarily :rolleyes: I have several customers who use 10.3 on G4 450s, and they run just fine. OS X is smooth if you have a good 3D adapter, since Quartz heavily uses the GPU for interface drawing, rather than the CPU.
    edited February 2005
    Prime, my 450 has a Radeon 8500 in it. It's got 640MB of RAM and a Maxtor 7200rpm/8MB 80GB hard drive. It runs 10.2.8. It's slower than ****. It's so slow it's pathetic. I've run Windows XP on 450MHz P2 machines (and 500Mhz Celeron machines) with less RAM than this and far slower video cards and they're useable. The 450 doesn't qualify as "useable", even with the 8500.
    edited February 2005
    then it must be user error ;)

doesn't matter what you tell me - I have 10.3 running very successfully on G4 450s with 256mb of RAM, and it runs just perfectly fine. Apps run slower than they do on a faster computer, for sure, but the OS itself runs great for "normal" use - email, web, word processing :)
    edited February 2005
    *shrugs* Open up more than one or two windows and the whole machine chokes. It can't even keep up with my typing.
    edited February 2005
    :bawling: :bawling: