We're about to be passed

2»

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    well ive got muh puter folding about 10hrs/day now instead of 3. The weather has cooled down so i dont need the A/C running...wish i could help out more guys

fc
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I think I have gained over 100 places in the last few days, and when I move into the attic I can add another (albiet crappy) machine, and also have my main and most powerful machine folding 24/7.....

I'm not willing to risk Uni by installing it on their machines though, as I am sure they are already aware of it....

NS
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    NS: Yeah, your production has been pretty decent the last few days. :thumbsup: I've been keeping a close eye on ya.
    Watch out though, I'm about to pass ya up like you're standing still! Wave bye-bye. :wave:
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    Does anyone know how many points is project 567 (run 10, clone 154, Gen 1) worth?

Electron Microscope doesn't know, and displays "unk"

//EDIT//
    downloaded latest protien data file. Its only 33pts. Been getting a lot of 33pt WU lately.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html has each current WU and its points.
    edited September 2003
    Me too. Most of my WUs recently have been 500 frames. Before that they were 2500 frames. I like the 100 frame WUs the most, but the 250 are good on my Athlons too.
    danball1976 said

//EDIT//
    downloaded latest protien data file. Its only 33pts. Been getting a lot of 33pt WU lately.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    I've always had 100 frame Work Units.
    edited September 2003
    I wonder why.

The computer I'm on was turning in a 500 frame WU as I typed that and guess what it just grabbed? Another 500 frame WU. Not that I'm griping because whatever helps the project is most important, but the 100 frame WUs seem to complete a lot faster than the 500 frame WUs.
    danball1976 said
    I've always had 100 frame Work Units.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited September 2003
    I recently replaced the old thermal grease on my heatsink and oc'ed the hell out of my barton. I'm running stable @ 2.3 and folding 24/7. Lets hope it helps. Also, when my dad finally gets around to building his p4 system. I will definetly be oc'ing that to 3.2-3.4 ghz and adding it to the folding team.
  • edited September 2003
    I think I found the problem I was having on my Asus dually; I had a stick of Reg. Corsair go south on me and it was giving me BSOD's. I didn't have time to troubleshoot much before going to work last week but I sat down this evening and found the bad stick and pulled it. It's now been back up for around 2 hours with no problems, which is about 1 3/4 hours better than it was running.;) This should get me back to well over 3k points/week again.:)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    We've delayed doom a little while longer... and my new rig (the one in my sig) will be up and folding next week!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I've added three 24/7s since this thread was started, and I'll be adding a fourth as soon as I get a processor, and a fifth as soon as I pay Gnome the money I owe him and he ships me the parts I'm buying from him :D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited September 2003
    I'll be resuming folding myself when it gets colder... All my computers are in my room, I can't sleep unless my room's 70*F or less, and dual 2500s, an 1800, a 2.4 P4, and possibly a 1.3 Celeron do a damn good job of heating up that room... When it gets colder I'll be able to drop my room into the mid-60s or lower even with them all on, so...

But right now it's just too hot :banghead:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    damn i run mine at 76*F
  • FilmFilm Florida
    edited September 2003
    i added a 1.4tbird :-)
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    All my CC machines have been cycled it seems. I'll go there in a few days and borg some new lappys again. That should be good for another 300 points per day at least.

~FA
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    FoldingAddict said
    All my CC machines have been cycled it seems. I'll go there in a few days and borg some new lappys again. That should be good for another 300 points per day at least.

~FA

Um... "Borg" is a verb now? :hair:
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    lol...I mean I'll go to CC and hijack a few idle lap tops. Nothing special, and I have to use the google compute toolbar so tinkers only.:(

But it should be good for a couple of P4s and maybe an AXP-M.

~FA
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    as I see it the folding should really start picking up since college is back in session
    edited September 2003
    http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=11

"What if I want to borg other computers for the [H]orde, can I do this without the average user knowing?"
    GHoosdum said
    Um... "Borg" is a verb now? :hair: