///FOUND ALL/// WTB 'Junk' Heatsinks

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Trading Post
What I'm looking for are small CPU heatsinks, or large northbridge or GPU heatsinks. The application will be for passive northbridge and video GPU cooling. (So no, I probably won't be interested in your fans.)

The northbridge and video card cooling in my two home systems is adequate; I'd like to maintain the current cooling performance, but get rid of the fans.

I've found this at Directron. It would meet my needs for the northbridges, but isn't quite beefy enough for my overclocked video cards. So here's your chance to get rid of some junk in your parts bins that you thought would just gather dust forever.

My Heatware

Thanks,

Leo

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Leo: I have quite a few. I'll PM you tomorrow with details, once I get back to my office...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Sounds like a winner. Thanks.

YGPM
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited September 2003
    In addition to prime and anyone else here, you might try some electronics surplus places... www.allelectronics.com seems to have a pretty good number of heatsinks...
    edited September 2003
    Yes, I will. Thanks. The other objective here besides passive cooling is cheap! Some of those electronics goodies places make up for flea market prices with full blown shipping charges.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Too bad...

I just threw away three old heatsinks a couple days ago, after they sat around for almost two years...
    edited September 2003
    Found everything I needed right here .

Thanks, Geeky1. The heatsinks were very inexpensive, so I ordered extras.
  • celchocelcho Tallahassee, FL Member
    edited September 2003
    allelectronics is a great place...
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited September 2003
    Apparently so... I've never ordered anything from them, but I always d/l their catalogs, and they have a good rating @ resellerratings.com... In fact, I think it was celcho that pointed me over there a while back when I was looking for a PS for my 226w peltier element...