JoinFolding t-shirt idea

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited December 2005 in Folding@Home
Would anyone be interested in a JoinFolding t-shirt? I thought it'd be a fun way to spread the word :)

I was thinking a brand-name-style logo on the front, maybe like this:

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    And then a short message on the back, like this:
    edited April 2005
    What do you guys think? Would you buy one? I'd probably do it on Cafe Press and sell them at cost unless someone has a better idea.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    Sounds like a great idea, I'd pick one up :thumbsup:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'm down. Good idea, keebs :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    What is CafePress charging for a basic Tee these days though? I'm thinking you might be able to get away with cheaper if you source them elsewhere. Then you could sell them a bit above cost to reimburse you for time and effort, and it'd still be cheaper for the buyers than CafePress is.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    is kingfish apparel still doing this?
    Just iron ons is all we need nothing too expensive.

where's the cog??? ;D
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited April 2005
    I can do a deal with a business I know who would do some good priced tee's and hoody's etc. Just let me know if you want me to look into it for the UK side of things. Either transfers or embroidered (my preference). I have just had ten polo shirts and two fleeces for a snip!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    CafePress - very high quality... But also, very very expensive. It will SURELY be cheaper to get them screen printed and buy in bulk.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    I like it! :thumbsup:

(Better check with the 1337 designer, though.)
    PressX wrote:
    ...I have just had ten polo shirts and two fleeces for a snip!
    How many farthings constitute a "snip"? ;D

/me doesn't quite grasp foreign currency...
    edited April 2005
    I think I'm gonna aim for transfer/screen printing. Embroidering is nice for polo shirts, but it looks a little funny on t-shirts IMHO and... it rubs :o

GHoosdum, I'll look into that. The fun thing about Cafe Press though is that I can stick the logo on like 50 things at once and I don't have to worry about shipping. I also don't have to worry about fronting the cost (poor college student here) or getting left with random shirts I can't use. Maybe I'll try both? Like do a small run of lower cost shirts and then leave it on Cafe Press.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2005
    I'll buy 10 if we can get them in triple-extra long and tripple-extra large. I loves me some big t-shirts. :cool:
    edited April 2005
    Csimon's right, where's the cog? Maybe you could play with designs with a cog behind the text on the back of the shirt?
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited April 2005
    Ahahaha, like this ;D;):

Edit:

Yyyyeah... I think the medicine's going to my head :p
  • edited April 2005
    I still do embroidery although I took the site down.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I vote for Screen thingy... but check around for a better price. Ctrl+Alt+Del uses a place called ZeeStuff and their t-shirts are around $15. I've bought a few and they seem fairly good quality.

I would probably buy one or two shirts regardless of price (well, assuming they're under $40 each).
  • edited April 2005
    here is my effort, please don't edit it....

Sorry, man...You can post it again, with a little blurring in the obvious spot. -Prof
  • edited April 2005
    I'd be up for buying one if the price is under $20. I really like -animal-'s design by the way. :thumbsup:

bikerboy
    edited April 2005
    If we happen to be deadlocked on a couple designs, it should be simple enough to have both as a choice if we do it cafe express style. I'd probably get one of each, probably each on a different color of shirt.
  • edited April 2005
    the swearing was very minimal... "****" you could also have a large join folding thingy on the back. if you want the design leet me know...
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'm in if you get shirts. I'm trying to get myself back in the folding scene. Heh. I move in a couple months, and my electric bill will be a little easier to deal with, so I can run my machines more.
  • edited April 2005
    any updates on how much the shirts are going to cost or when we can start ordering them?

bikerboy
  • edited May 2005
    you T-shirt bloggers really have something going. How can I put my blogs on T-shirts without going broke. I need to make money to keep some of my web ideas alive. Just starting out doing T-shirt blogging. Any suggestions?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    what is t-shirt blogging? :wtf:

I must be old...
  • edited May 2005
    well, I was hanging out, and someone told me that lot's of funny lines and opinions or suggestions are being put on t-shirts, and people are making money selling them. One of my buddies said, "yeah, that's like t-shirt blogging, putting your blogs on t-shirts" Lots of blog guys are making money doing this. So I figured it was called T-shirt Blogging. So, we just started talking about how we can make money t-shirt blogging. So, I went hunting for ideas. Any ideas on how I can become a T-shirt Blogger on the cheap
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    what is t-shirt blogging? :wtf:

I must be old...
    Not as old as me, by at least 50%, and I still got it.

Face it man, you're not old - you're just out of touch. :(
  • Shadow2018Shadow2018 Northwest Missouri
    edited May 2005
    I like the polo idea myself. Something simple with embroidery. I'm in either way.
  • edited May 2005
    I can do the polo or t shirt embroidery thing if anyone were interested. I still have the machine and everything needed to produce them.
  • edited November 2005
    Are the shirts available or did the idea fall through? :confused:

bikerboy
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Good BUMP... I would love to look into t-shirts. I'd prefer a simple silk screen t-shirt and the option to do the nice polo's like Kingfish. I'd love to have the option to buy from a nice e-Commerce site like kingfish had. :thumbsup:
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited November 2005
    I'd be interested in nice t-shirt and polo. If the polo had a pocket, even better! (place to keep my glasses...lol)

Haven't been online much lately...been away on business...but managed to get my three daughters' computers folding while I was visiting with them. Every computer helps!!