JoinFolding t-shirt idea

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    What if we put a color team logo on instead, like the one below that I ripped off the sig generator? Maybe whoever made this logo has a higher-res version we could use for the shirt. If this was below all the text and centered, I think it would attract some attention. The text is good, but I don't know that anyone will be drawn to it and read it without a pretty picture.
    Like this (t-back#3 or #4)?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I think I like the bottom one better (#4?). What if we made the logo larger, maybe the same width as the "Cancer or Systic Fibrosis" line?

To do that, maybe extending the lines in the logo outward to increase the width rather than scaling it would look better.

Edit3:
    Here's a version that's been widened, but not scaled.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    I like Q's design :thumbsup:

and i can't wait for case badges!! :D:D
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited November 2005
    I agree with Gargoyle, back #4 with a larger logo. Perhaps we can add the team number to the front too.

Are we talking just t-shirts or t-shirts and polo shirts?

Thanks to everyone for working the shirt idea!
    edited November 2005
    Right now, just t-shirts. Polo's, in my opinion, do not look good with large designs. The Kingfish Polo's were VERY sweet. Good color choices, nicely sized logo...

As for the t-shirt logo on the back... I'll work on it tomorrow at work (during breaks, of course :D )

My opinion on the front... as little as possible, make them wonder and ask or wait and look at the back...
    edited November 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    My opinion on the front... as little as possible, make them wonder and ask or wait and look at the back...
    Good idea :thumbsup:. A long time ago, I got a shirt from church with just a salt shaker on the front. The idea was that people would ask you what that was, and you could tell them the story of Lot's wife (turned into pillar of salt). It worked, people asked all the time.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Good idea :thumbsup:. A long time ago, I got a shirt from church with just a salt shaker on the front. The idea was that people would ask you what that was, and you could tell them the story of Lot's wife (turned into pillar of salt). It worked, people asked all the time.
    sharon?
    edited November 2005
    BUMP... Garg, do you want the logo across the entire back or just this wide?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I think that the font on the back changes in size too much in this incarnation. Sure, it gets the point across better when it's written this way, but the changes in pattern, both of the font sizes and with the team logo halfway down the back, it looks visually distracting to me. Remember, this is going to be a T-shirt, not a flyer. I also don't think that this incarnation, with the team logo, jives as well between front and back as the previous postings you make, Q. We've got a red front and a teal back. :scratch:
    edited November 2005
    Well... the first version of the t-shirt had the "joinfolding.com" was done in Red and the back was black. I have no problem changing colors...

As for the logo, that was Garg's suggestion. So far, just you two have chimed in about the final ideas...

I can reduce the Font on the back, if needed.
  • FreemymelodyFreemymelody On Earth
    edited November 2005
    Oooh, t-shirt. I hope you have extra, extra small. :D Those are kool designs. :thumbsup: How about putting the team logo on the sleeve.
    edited November 2005
    How's this?
    edited November 2005
    Oooh, t-shirt. I hope you have extra, extra small. :D Those are kool designs. :thumbsup: How about putting the team logo on the sleeve.

That's an idea too!!! I think the "Team #93 Short-Media" on the sleeve would be a nice touch... what do you guys (none gender specific) think?

I'm beginning to think that any more than three colors (black, and two shades of red) and the shirt cost could inflate.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    That's an idea too!!! I think the "Team #93 Short-Media" on the sleeve would be a nice touch... what do you guys (none gender specific)?

I'm beginning to think that any more than three colors (black, and two shades of red) and the shirt cost could inflate.

It probably would. But a logo on the sleeve (in any color) sounds good.
    edited November 2005
    I like the back with the logo....and the team name on the sleeve is a good idea too!
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited November 2005
    Yeah, im really liking the team name on the sleeve idea.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Add my vote for team name on the sleeve. I'll be happy either way with or without the logo on the back. :)
    edited November 2005
    How about this.... The sleeves whould be centered on the sleeve so it would be seen from both the front and back...
    edited November 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I think that the font on the back changes in size too much in this incarnation. Sure, it gets the point across better when it's written this way, but the changes in pattern, both of the font sizes and with the team logo halfway down the back, it looks visually distracting to me. Remember, this is going to be a T-shirt, not a flyer. I also don't think that this incarnation, with the team logo, jives as well between front and back as the previous postings you make, Q. We've got a red front and a teal back. :scratch:

Maybe instead of the logo I proposed, we could just put the three short-media rings in front of the "Team #93 Short-Media." We can make the rings black or red to jive with the colors on the back. I just want something on the back that isn't text.

I don't really like writing on the sleeve. If everyone else wants it, that's cool, but I've always thought writing on the sleeve was pretty dorky. Not like passers-by need to get the sales pitch from every angle. I imagine it would increase cost a little, too.

Edit for new T-Shirt back #9:
    I think people are more likely to read the back than the sleeve, so it's probably a good idea to put our team # on the back. And I just really don't like anything on the sleeves. I'll deal with it if everyone else wants it... but I won't wear it as much. If anything was put there, I think a single line of "Team #93 Short-Media" would suffice, and maybe put a text-sized cog in-line with the text following it.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I really like the last idea with the team name and number on the sleeve.

If I may query something....Why does the slogan read "Cancer, or Cystic Fibrosis" :scratch:

Surely by folding, we helping to cure both? Not one or the other.
    edited November 2005
    Perhaps the word "and" might be more appropriate than "or".
    edited November 2005
    How about this? (I didn't know which font Q used, so I didn't change the "or")
    edited November 2005
    Good job... I almost finished that same thing at work but I had to leave. "Comic Sans MS"

Someone has the original "three crescent circles" logo... but your version is a good representation. I like it.

Any other comments? I will post all the ideas I have accumulated next Monday. OK?
    edited December 2005
    What is the status on the shirts?
    edited December 2005
    I forgot... sorry. I'll look into it tomorrow morning.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Hey when the Design is completed I can get quotes on the cost!
  • edited December 2005
    hmm.. any update with the shirts?

bikerboy
    edited December 2005
    I will post a poll to select the TWO desired fronts. We will then decide on the backs. Finally we can decide on sleeves. OK?

OK... lets try this approach... any FINAL suggestions for the fronts?
    edited December 2005
    Next... Final Wording and basic layout for the back.... We can work on the additions to the back next.
    edited December 2005
    I like front B.

Thanks for continuing to work the shirt for us!!