Folding Business Cards

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    got these sweet ass cards in the mail today :thumbsup: whoever designed them nice work!

SM Rally in full effect! :fold:

:smokin:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2005
    Our postmans donkey must be lame again, nothing yet.
    edited May 2005
    Ah ha, while I was at work the donkey must have been. Nice cards, :thumbsup:
  • SlydogSlydog Bristol UK Member
    edited May 2005
    the donkey was delayed because he was delivering a parcel to Bristol before heading up to Manchester.

they are the nuts! alomost too good to give out (almost i said....!!)

very impressed!
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited May 2005
    The Donkey must have gone from Bristol to Manchester via WALES; mine arrived today.
    Excellent quality. Just in time for the computer club meeting this evening.
    Thanks Prime.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2005
    Holy package of cards, Batman! :eek:

My God... they look great, for sure. That's a lot of cards. :eek:
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited May 2005
    Got mine this morning in Australia!

They are the dogs B*****ks!

Looking great and are on the counter to be given out with the coffees, keeping a few in reserve for the PC fixing! Pinned one onto the noticeboard!

Thanks

Siggy
    edited May 2005
    I gave a few to the kids to give teachers. The IT teach and a few others showed some interest.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Awesome awesome cards :D

I don't quite understand why they arrived in Manchester several days ago and yet seemed to be delayed goin down the road to my place ;D
    edited May 2005
    Manchester, the birthplace of the modern industialised world, has the slowest mail in the country. Batches of stuff sent out across the UK almost always arrives here after everbody else, this is a fact.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Hooray, they finally showed up!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I got mine last week! oh wait.....
  • SlydogSlydog Bristol UK Member
    edited May 2005
    i think these cards are soooooo beautiful i may have to make a collage (is that how u spell it??) out of random things to resemble my last remaining few cards... maybe in the shape of a donkey?

i actually asked a bird out tonight and then when she refused, i then gave her a folding at home buisness card... i'm gonna stick a pin in a map here but that is a card wasted i feel...??!!

... on the other hand... maybe she didnt want me to ruin the card with me scrawling my mumber over www.joinfolding.com ...

thats what i'd like to think

how is the great card giveaway going people??

EDIT> Sorry folks, was drunk posting and only now do I realise that i dont make much sense nor am i in any way funny when i've had a few beers. At least the folding spirit is still in me though!!!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Got mine. I'll start giving them to interested students on Monday.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2005
    I rigged up some stickers out of them with some double sided tape. Stickem on my lappy, monitor at work, Bulliton boards, Car, Skateboard, snowboard, nightclup bathroom walls, etc.

The double sided tape is the exact length height-wise of the card so its easy to just cut them to spec with a pair of scissors. And they stick perfectly.

Just lay out a strip of tape about 10 cards or so long. Then lay the cards down on the tape, then cut between the cards.

Id post pics but my cams toast, but give it a try. They look prertty cool. :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    FormFactor wrote:
    I rigged up some stickers out of them with some double sided tape...
    You just gave me an idea.

Refrigerator Magnets! :D
  • edited May 2005
    I just wanted to pop in and say mine made it, they're purdy too. :)
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    You just gave me an idea.

Refrigerator Magnets! :D

Yup! I did the same thing. They are the exact same size as those business card shaped magnets, so I taped them on all of ours. Works pretty well.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Got mine too! :thumbsup:

I sent a few with Gargoyle back to Nuevo Mexico so that he may spread the gospel of folding in that far away, savage land.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2005
    Heck yes i'm interested....
    edited September 2005
    PM me your mailing address and I'll send them out tomorrow :)
    edited September 2005
    You guys are going to like these - they are not your average business cards.

Everyone who's seen one has been quite impressed. :)
    edited September 2005
    Its not the cards i'm gonna like, its the look on your face when i have 75 cpus running under my name, MWAHAHAHA
    edited September 2005
    Nightwolf wrote:
    Its not the cards i'm gonna like, its the look on your face when i have 75 cpus running under my name, MWAHAHAHA
    /me orders more cogs for the Notable Milestones Forum. :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Prime I got your MO with these cards in the envelope(BTW I'm about to leave to send out these packages I've been holding onto for like a week now, w00t!).

These cards are very... very clean and well made. I was just starring at one while at work because it was so much better than actually doing work ;D

GOOD JOB! :thumbsup:
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited September 2005
    Yes, I'm interested.

I can pass them out to a lot more than 100 people :D
    edited October 2005
    Just got the cards and boy are they pretty!
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I know that a lot of ideas were kicked around in this thread as to how we can distribute the cards.

How about including a reference to team 93 in our e-mail signature and putting a link to folding@home in there. I must send close on 40 to 50 e-mails out a day. Most of them I'm just forewarding a whole lot of jokes and other cr*p to mates of mine. I figure if they make time to read half the rubbish received in their inbox they can check out a quick link.

Just a suggestion. If someone has already come up with the idea in another thread my apologies. To my way of thinking, thats the quickest way of getting to thousands of people.
    edited October 2005
    Winga, I'd be happy to send you some business cards to south africa. No reason we can't expand our global outreach a bit :)