SM 9, 13, 15, 18 - no production

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
What's up hosts?

SM9 - no production last 2 weeks
SM13 - no production last 2 weeks
SM15 - no production last 3 weeks
SM18 - no production last 2 weeks
SM 7,10,12 - Still not producting, but the comittee is aware of this from the last time.

On the plus side -
SM6 is producing again!
We've added 2 new machines since the last time I bitched about rigs not being up.

Comments

• CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    damn, 7 SMx boxes down? thats a lot of production, eh?
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited May 2005
    whats needed to get these machines back up and running?

Is there anything the team can do to help???

Anything I can do???
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Quoted from my post in the folding staff forum:
    Problems in the last week or so. BIOS spontaneously reset to all defaults, and I didn't know it (the machine is headless) - I noticed no production recently so I hooked it up to a monitor and everything seemed fine. However, the NIC is onboard, so when the bios reset to defaults, the LAN controller default is 'disabled' :wtf:

Therefore, it couldn't connect and send the WU. I re-enabled the NIC and everything's fine now. I'm gonna keep it hooked up to a monitor for a week or so and keep a close eye on it.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    What's up hosts?

SM9 - no production last 2 weeks
    SM13 - no production last 2 weeks
    SM15 - no production last 3 weeks
    SM18 - no production last 2 weeks
    SM 7,10,12 - Still not producting, but the comittee is aware of this from the last time.

On the plus side -
    SM6 is producing again!
    We've added 2 new machines since the last time I bitched about rigs not being up.

SM12 will start production shortly, I'm sorting out a case this weekend. However since I have developed the Touch Of Death I now have a spare case & psu till either the new case arrives or my DFI rma comes back. So the long & short of it is SM12 will commence production this weekend. :)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2005
    IC12 is now up & running, cranking wu's full time.

P.S. has anyone got a either an old Icrontic case badge or Short-Media one as it would look good on IC12's case when it arrives?
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited May 2005
    IC9 has been randomly crashing, I won't have time till tuesday or wednesday to check it out. I'll keep you guys posted. Sorry, Adam
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Clutch - Sorry if I missed the thread but what is happening with IC13? :scratch:
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    sorry for the delay in answering, just got back from sweden yesterday... looks like 15's psu is shot, Ill pick one up today or tomorrow and make the switch... sorry for the downtime.

M
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    mondi wrote:
    ...looks like 15's psu is shot...
    I can send you one from the SMx parts bin. I'm out of town at the moment so it wouldn't be in the mail until the first of the week.

Say the word. :)
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    New psu installed, she's happy again.

M
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    SM7: MIA
    SM9: Solution in the works
    SM10: Fixt.
    SM12: Fixt.
    SM13: No word
    SM15: Fixt.
    SM18: Fixt.

Getting better.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2005
    :banghead: Sorry for the letdown team. I will find out why IC13 has not sent in any wu's when I get home today. I have not seen any issues as far as the computer freezing or anything. I have a seperate monitor setup with the console open, it usually is on, but I have been turning it off lately because of heat/electricity. Once again, I'm sorry, I didn't even see this thread until Matt and Mudd pointed it out to me. I will get on top off it as soon as I get home and see what the problem is. Sorry team.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    SM7: MIA
    SM9: Solution in the works
    SM10: Fixt.
    SM12: Fixt.
    SM13: No word
    SM15: Fixt.
    SM18: Fixt.

Getting better.

SM11: Sexy

:cool:
    edited June 2005
    Ok team, it looks as if the switch that IC13 was working off of took a crap on me. I have it now on a port on my router and it does have Internet access now. It has downloaded a wu and should begin to crunch on it anytime now. Again, I am very sorry guys for the letdown.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    No problem mate, looks like you've tracked down the problem. Fold on! :thumbsup::fold:
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited June 2005
    Ok I rebooted SM20 and started her folding again, I hope that she will report tomorrow if not I will have to look into why. She was cranking just fine last week but never reported, I have been on a crazy schedule for the last week or so, so I have't been able to give my full attention to her like I should. Its crazy what time it takes to try to get hired by a company... LOL :)

Here's to getting back on track. :thumbsup:

"g"
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited June 2005
    woot woot, she's back :):thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Considering it's summer - vacations, school break, travel, and FISHING (for some of us) that was a pretty fast response from the affected hosts. Thanks guys for your attention and loyalty. That's why we chose you!
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited June 2005
    SM10 once again has an "always on" connection. No more dial-up!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a little extra horsepower folding for SM10 to try and make up some lost productivity. :)

Now I have to look into getting the rest of my fleet back online. For some reason, the move has not been favorable to my computers...
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited June 2005
    IC8 and IC9 where shipped out today they should be arriving to you guys soon. Sorry I can't host them anymore, Adam
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    No worries, thanks for everything you've done for the team. You've been a fantastic host :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Hotrod, thanks for hosting them. We would rather have host like you than have our beloved SMx rigs disappear.... You did a fine job. We thank you. :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    ...You did a fine job. We thank you. :thumbsup:
    Amen! :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Sorry I can't host them anymore, Adam
    Not only have you cared for them well, you're returning them to the Team, keeping everone informed. That's setting a very good example. I mean, what more could we ask for? :thumbsup:
    edited June 2005
    :clap: An excellent run, Adam. Let us know if you ever want to be a host again. :)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    13's back up :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Good work Clutch! :thumbsup:

Adam - Sorry to see you had to give up being host. You've been a great one and are a prime example of what a good host is. Thanks for all you've done! :)

MrBill - Congrats man! :D
    edited June 2005
    w00t for Clutch. :D
    edited June 2005
    Glad to get IC13 back in action for the team and the project. Once again, sorry for the downtime guys.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited June 2005
    Got another rig up folding as SM10. Gotta make up those lost points! :)

Fan was locked up in the PSU....no wonder it kept rebooting and/or shutting down.

Now, I have to find/make time to get the dually operational.