Team 93's History - Big Finds

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Folding@Home
I recently did a little poking around on archive.org. It's an interesting tool that just goes around the internet saving webpages. Most people only ever look at the home page in a search. Links are generally broken, so it's hard to find any subsidiary pages. In the case of forums, finding individual threads would seem impossible.

But it's not.

I spent several hours last night combing through several thousand random files saved under the icronticforums.com domain between 2001 and May 2003. They don't list them in any particular order and their sorting ability is very poor - you have to go through all the files in whatever order they decide to give them for a domain.

Ladies and Gentlemen... It is my pleasure to present some very, very clutch pieces of our community's history. A trumpet fanfare would be appropriate right about now. :D

Icrontic Folding@Home Team
The first page of the original thread Leo started suggesting we start a F@H team

Everything to do about Folding@Home
The original informational thread created by TBonZ

We are officially millionaires
The first page of the thread declaring our first million points as a team

Folding@Home forum
The Folding@Home forum as it appeared a few days before the crash (links do not work)

I'm not done combing the archives yet, so I may be back with more if I find anything else.

:cool:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    priceless history. THANK YOU a thousand times over, keebs :D
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    OMG thats cool. You rock so hard.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Moaning Whingebag? :wtf:
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited June 2005
    love it, but it's slow as heck and keeps wanting to take me back to the modern icrontic, I gotta tweek my intarweb scils.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Totally awesome! :D

Noticed too, that snapshot displays my ex's welcoming thread. :wtf:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    Nice find, bro' :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    First rate work, Keebs. REALLY brings back the memories :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :thumbsup: What a rush of nostalgia. Oh, that brought back so many memories!