edited July 2005 in Trading Post
at monarchcomputer.com here is a link

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2005
    im not sure Panasonic is too great of a brand for burners.. :scratch:
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    guy has one post and the link is a merchant referral one, he's obviously a spammer
    edited June 2005
    you're right. it does look suspicious, but I doubt he can be formally convicted yet :p
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Monarch is a well-established, class 'A' operation. I just can't see them spamming. I've done business with Monarch several times.

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, though. I'm a friendly guy; just want to touch base with you.

Tnet, would you please contact me via Private Message, or you can use my email link. You've got to understand, it's pretty suspicious when a member's sole thread/post is a link to an e-tailer.

Now, the rest of you guys: I haven't kept up with DVD burner technology and prices. Would you consider the linked DVD drive to be a good value at the advertised price?
    edited June 2005
    well just because Monarch is good doesnt mean the customers are
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2005
    Looks fine to me
    edited June 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Monarch is a well-established, class 'A' operation. I just can't see them spamming. I've done business with Monarch several times.

I wasn't saying Monarch was spammers, but if you look at that link it's obviously a referral link/merchant thing where if someone clicks through and buys it, the referrer gets a percentage of the purchase price. The guy has one post, this is it and it's a merchant referral link, he's not trying to get anyone a good deal,he's trying to get his cut, if you don't call that spam, I don't know what is.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    It's not a referral link. I don't know where you're seeing that.

Go to monarchcomputer.com and then go through it to that burner and you'll see that the link is the same that this guy posted.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Camman wrote:
    ...if you look at that link it's obviously a referral link/merchant thing

Actually, it's not. If you enter the site through www.monarchcomputer.com you'll see how they structure their links. Definitely *not* a clickthrough.
    edited June 2005
    well i dont know what you guys are talking about but the link that is provided to that item, is the EXACT SAME thing as I found by searching the site and finding that product manually.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=160329

vs.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=160329

same thing in my book.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Is there an echo in here?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Is there an echo in here?
    ...in here...in here...in here...in here...

Sorry, man. Couldn't help myself... :vimp:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Now I don't know about anybody else, but I think that's not a clickthrough link. If anyone has any proof to back up my claim, be sure to post it here.
    edited June 2005
    Kwitko wrote:
    Now I don't know about anybody else, but I think that's not a clickthrough link. If anyone has any proof to back up my claim, be sure to post it here.

i agree. the links are identical: the one posted, and the link to see the item!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    i agree. the links are identical: the one posted, and the link to see the item!

I believe he was being facetious.
    edited June 2005
    OK great....about the echoes.

I'm still interested in the linked hardware. Is it a good value? So, what of Panasonic computer parts? Quality? Educate me here. Inquiring minds want to know! :D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    OK great....about the echoes.

I'm still interested in the linked hardware. Is it a good value? So, what of Panasonic computer parts? Quality? Educate me here. Inquiring minds want to know! :D
    Come on. Someone please help Leo.

I would if I could but I can't so I won't.
    (please don't echo this one)
    .....or I will send my dog to bite your balls off. GRRRrrrr
    edited June 2005
    My dad recently bought a BenQ drive with identical specs and the same version of Nero from Newegg for $45 (shipping included). Newegg currently has an NEC drive for $42 w/ free shipping. I'd say this is right in line with those.

Some will argue with this, but I've never noticed much difference brand-to-brand with optical drives, unless they are total no-name losers. I'd say this deal is as good as any price-wise. The only question would be would you prefer spending somewhat more for a highly recommended brand like Plextor or whatever.

I'm sure Thrax would have a comment on this. {hint} :)
    edited June 2005
    Well it appears I was mistaken, my apologies. Gotta give me some slack on this one though, I mean one post, crazy long looking link with the word "merchant" in it, slightly suspicious, no?
    edited June 2005
    No need to apologize. Thanks for being alert. It's rare that a first, single post linking to an item for sale is not SPAM.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2005
    Newegg One day Sale NEC Beige 3520A 16X +/- DL Burner $42 shipped!

DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM
  • edited July 2005
    I have been out of town, I am sorry I have not replied earlier. I am not a big poster and I assure you I am not trying to spam anyone and I do not work for Monarch (althought if they are reading I would like to, LOL) I meant no harm and no offense to anyone
    edited July 2005
    ok just be careful. That shouldn't have been your first post :p
    edited July 2005
    The guy was doing us a favor by linking to a good product at a great price. Numerous people - Mods, even - have pointed out that there was nothing wrong with his post. Let's not jump on him just because he took the trouble to come back and explain things. :)
    edited July 2005
    okay I was just trying to be friendly and point something out to him :)
    edited July 2005
    No sweat. :D
    edited July 2005
    hah funny you should say.. It's pretty durn hot in here :rarr:
    edited July 2005
    tnet wrote:
    I have been out of town, I am sorry I have not replied earlier. I am not a big poster and I assure you I am not trying to spam anyone and I do not work for Monarch (althought if they are reading I would like to, LOL) I meant no harm and no offense to anyone

hey man, Leo said no apologies neccessary but just wanted to toss out a friendly "sorry 'bout that!" over to ya for my trying to call you out, thanks for posting a good deal, just the 1 post and me thinking it was a referral activated the spam alert for me, hope there's no hard feelings :)