BDR is back!

a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
Welcome back BDR!

I guess it's too early to see if you're back in full force, or if you only have around half your machines folding for good ol' #93 again, but whatever it is we're just glad you've decided to help our efforts once more!:thumbsup::fold::fold::fold:

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited September 2003
    Er... Yeah, Welcome back BDR.

Spinner whispers... who's BDR? and where has he/she been?
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    /me whispers back: she joined, gave us a few K points and left. Now she's back.
    edited September 2003
    Spinner whispers some more: Cool, I see, thanks for filling me in. Just one more question though... are girls allowed to fold?;) ... infact, forget I asked that.:tongue:
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    I couldn't take the crying. ;)

I'm not full force yet. I'm down 2 towers. Lost a PS and sold a rig to my sis (but left it folding for Team 93). She won't have it on 24/7 like I did though.

I'm also "sharing the love" with my old Folding team right now, but I'll see what I can do about getting the points up.

Spinner.. silly question.. hehe..
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    :kneel:

She's back :cool:
    edited September 2003
    Oh now I remember. You're the chick who stood up to Nightshade' in the blitz thread. Ha ha, fold or not fold, you're alright by me.;)

p.s (Nightshade'... I'm just joking mate)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Spinner said
    Oh now I remember. You're the chick who stood up to Nightshade' in the blitz thread. Ha ha, fold or not fold, you're alright by me.;)

p.s (Nightshade'... I'm just joking mate)

I was right though (and flamed for being right too (Why did you feel it was threatening?) and don't even start me on the firewalling at BBT, that was the most retarded act of banning on a forum ever, and everyone else knew that).

(unless by "your old folding team" you aren't refering to BBT... (in which case, who?)).

NS
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Just when I thought that I was safe.
    I guess another box is in order now.

Welcome back BDR
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    yay!!!! BDR...hip hip....hooray...hip hip...hooray!!! hip hip...hoooorrrrayyyyy!!!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    :wave:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    :woowoo: great great news ...welcome back bdr!!!:fold:
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    Thanks for the welcome guys. :D

:thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Always good to see members return.:)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    :respect:
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    Good news! My sis paid me for the tower I sold her, so I can order the hardware I need to get the replacement tower up and running. I should be able to have it up and running by the middle of next week. :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    You're awesome, BDR. Welcome back! :fold:
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    Even better news. I just talked to my sister and she's going to leave F@H running on her machine, and it's running for team S-M.
    :D
    :cool2::fold:
    edited September 2003
    NightShade737 said

I was right though (and flamed for being right too (Why did you feel it was threatening?) and don't even start me on the firewalling at BBT, that was the most retarded act of banning on a forum ever, and everyone else knew that).

(unless by "your old folding team" you aren't refering to BBT... (in which case, who?)).

NS

Nightshade' good buddy, I have no idea what went on, but whatever did, it has been and gone, you don't have to defend yourself mate, I wasn't having a go. I was just messing around, you're amoung friends here, you don't need to keep your shields up all the time. Just join us in Welcoming another folder into the Short-Media fold (if you excuse the pun) and leave it at that.
    BDR said
    Even better news. I just talked to my sister and she's going to leave F@H running on her machine, and it's running for team S-M.
    :D
    :cool2::fold:

Good stuff, glad to hear it. Got any more sisters?
    edited September 2003
    Whats the new computer going to consist of?
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    mmonnin said
    Whats the new computer going to consist of?

The one I sold wasn't anything real special. It had a 1800 Palomino and a Shuttle mobo.
    Decent, but not a killer. It makes a nice pc for my sis though, since her old one is a 5 year old P3 - 500.

I'm replacing it with a XP 1600 and a Biostar mobo. Hopefully I can make run as good as the 1800.

I still have a Duron 800 and a Gigabyte mobo sitting here doing nothing (no case and a fubared HD that was give to me), but I'm working on getting a case.
    edited September 2003
    Did you get the old P3 to fold for ya?? I would have.

Good deal BDR.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Welcome back and we miss you and your points...

<font size="1"> <br />
    <b>QCH2002</b> mumbles to himself... "Oh great, yet another folder to worry about catching me... yep, already on my list...." </font></font>
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    mmonnin said
    Did you get the old P3 to fold for ya?? I would have.

Good deal BDR.

That's her hubby's pc and he didn't want to run any DC programs on it. I already tried. ;)
    edited September 2003
    Grrr dang hubbies.;)
  • edited September 2003
    Glad to have you back here, folding with us, BDR.:) :fold:
    edited September 2003
    I think these guys only really want you for your points! :(

It'd be great if you participate in the forums, too!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    What, BDR, did your dad never warn you about guys that will court you, only being interested in your "points"! ;D;D

Sincerely, thanks for redoubling your efforts for the Team. Every active Folder makes a difference!

Leo

:wave:
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    GHoosdum said
    I think these guys only really want you for your points! :(

It'd be great if you participate in the forums, too!

I plan on participating.

I'm getting ready to build tower #9 and I'll try taking some pics to post. It won't be anything special, though.
    edited September 2003
    I looked at the stats and we went over 24k in the past 24 hours. Never happened before. We are STILL on the rise!!!

production.php?TeamID=93
    edited September 2003
    mmonnin said
    I looked at the stats and we went over 24k in the past 24 hours. Never happened before. We are STILL on the rise!!!

SWEET! :woowoo: