Geforce 6200 Overclocking... Unlocking Pipelines

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    If your not sure if it works guys.... JUST TRY IT. Really, it'll either work or it won't. If you don't feel it's worth your time investing in, then I wouldn't bother at all. All the information you need is already mentioned above for how to go about trying it.

Good luck :thumbsup:
  • edited December 2005
    i have a chaintech 512mb ddr ram geforce 6200A overclocked version. but they only overclocked the engine clock by 10% 385MHz. iwas wonderin can i still overclock it and unlock the extra pipelines? and it's 64-bit.

edit: okay i tried to overclock it. the memory was fine. but when i tried to overclock the core it freezes. any help?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Better cooling.

Other then that and perhaps maybe increasing the voltage(which I don't usually do on these) I'd suppose that it's just not a good overclocker.
  • edited January 2006
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    RWB wrote:
    That's it! ;) That's all I can say in a nutshell, that link I think is the same I used.

As for the Overclock, my highest stable OC was generally 378/700? I forget, but it wasn't very much.

Man i dont get it everytime i up my MHZ my system freeze's even if its to 351mhz i tryed to get coolbits its like a reg patch right? well what i had was and i installed it but different. what can i do or what am i doing wrong??
    thanx mitgaar
  • edited January 2006
    Man i dont get it everytime i up my MHZ my system freeze's even if its to 351mhz i tryed to get coolbits its like a reg patch right? well what i had was and i installed it but different. what can i do or what am i doing wrong?? (PNY GeForce 6200 128MB DDR 64Bit Verto)
    thanx mitgaar
  • lastsightlastsight Miami/Miramar
    edited January 2006
    um he's rite lol
  • edited January 2006
    RWB wrote:
    That's it! ;) That's all I can say in a nutshell, that link I think is the same I used.

As for the Overclock, my highest stable OC was generally 378/700? I forget, but it wasn't very much.

Man i dont get it everytime i up my MHZ my system freeze's even if its to 351mhz i tryed to get coolbits its like a reg patch right? well what i had was and i installed it but different. what can i do or what am i doing wrong?? (PNY GeForce 6200 128MB DDR 64Bit Verto)
    thanx mitgaar
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Freezing is quite often a symptom of overheating. Does your PNY 6200 still have the stock cooler on it?
  • edited January 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    Freezing is quite often a symptom of overheating. Does your PNY 6200 still have the stock cooler on it?

yes i has a stock cooler, but i dont beleve that 1mhz will over heat this.
    i tryed to OC with rivatuner same thing i tryed tweaking some low down settings with rivatuner also still no effcet. what is the lastest drivers for this PNY 6200?
    Also what do i do in rivatuner to unlock the 4 pixel pipes. everyone says use it to do it but noone ever says how??!!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    1MHz - no, that wouldn't cause overheating or lockups. I haven't researched this particular card but can tell you that I'm certain not 100% of them OC capable. Have you tried completely uninstalling all drivers and Rivatuner, and anything else associated with the card and starting again from scratch? It could be you've ended up with a caserole of drivers and tweaking software. Recommend: uninstall all drivers, tweaking software, and the download and run RegCleaner to look for any remnants of the drivers and tweakers. Then start again from scratch.
  • edited January 2006
    RWB wrote:
    OK you see in this image that part that has a number blurred or something? It says...

"128-bit NV43 (A2 8x1 3vp)" I think that 8x1 part is the part that says you now have 8 pipes instead of the normal 4. kthxbye. :thumbsup:

My card is 64bit NV44 (A1,4x1,3vp) w/128MB does anyone kno if this will unlock the 4 extra pipes, and also why does my system freeze eve if i clock it 1 MHZ and ive read the same thing about the freezing in a different forumi think this model mybe hard locked can ya help me out>>>???
  • edited January 2006
    yea it's hardlocked it wont go any higher. i have the same thing. it will stay 4x1. i'm about to buy a new card anyway
  • edited February 2006
    can anyone tell me if i can unlock the extra 4 pipelines on the 256 MB XFX GeForce 6200??? Here is a link to it: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1776106&Sku=P450-8568
    please e-mail me
    Thanks for the help!!!
  • edited February 2006
    RWB wrote:
    Just so you know, there is a special version of the card out. I forget what it's called, but I am glad I didn't pick it up because it appearently doesn't OC or MOD at all.
    damn it, that's what i have. i think it's the 164 rev4 core or something... mine is a pny 128mb 6200. try to o/c and it freezes.:rant: :thumbsdow :rant:
  • edited February 2006
    UNBELIEVEBLE
    after flashing Sparkle 6200 agp 300//550 ,128mb 128 bit hdtv hynix 3.6ns card with the default bios of 6600 of inno and sparkle, both rev o1, I get this in the nvidia forceware main panelpay atention to what is written in the top of the panel and what is written at chip) 6600gt-with 6200 chip
    LOL

and of course in 3dmark test I get a 6200 score.
    You will find a screen shot on this page on my Topic
    http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=34&func=view&catid=10&id=31671
  • edited March 2006
    I have a Gigabyte Geforce 6200 8x AGP 128mb/64 bit. No TC or anything just plain 6200. Can i unlock the pipes on that too? Just wanted to know thanks.

Because my 9800 pro i replaced the 6200 with is crap i reckon.. Especially in a 2.4ghz celeron.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    Lots of good info in this thread.. Sticky :thumbsup:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I have a Gigabyte Geforce 6200 8x AGP 128mb/64 bit. No TC or anything just plain 6200. Can i unlock the pipes on that too? Just wanted to know thanks.

Because my 9800 pro i replaced the 6200 with is crap i reckon.. Especially in a 2.4ghz celeron.

Dunno for sure, but I would give it a try and see how it goes. Post back with the results ;)
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2006
    what about the msi 128mb/64bit 6200 agp low profile?

any succcess unlocking it?
  • edited March 2006
    Dunno for sure, but I would give it a try and see how it goes. Post back with the results

Yeah on thrusday i get new parts. New motherboard and processor so i will try then. I'll try on a fresh install. And how will i be able to tell if it has unlocked the extra pipes?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Yeah on thrusday i get new parts. New motherboard and processor so i will try then. I'll try on a fresh install. And how will i be able to tell if it has unlocked the extra pipes?

Best way is to benchmark before and after without any overclocking.... you will know ;)
  • SuddSudd Williamsburg, VA
    edited March 2006
    I've had no luck with RivaTuner on my XFX Geforce 6200 64bit 256mb AGP8x!!! I think I found the check boxes in the configuration window that might unlock the extra pipes but when I checked the boxes I experienced no extra gain in performance nor did the newly checked boxes show the "enabled" word a little to the right. Neither am I able to overclock the card because when I mess with the memory and clock speeds under "performance 3D" as soon as I press "apply" or check the box that says "apply at startup" my computer freezes up. I sent RWB an email but no response as of yet :sad2:

[EDIT}Poo, looks like this card is hardlocked!!! I had not other choice for a card though since my computer is Dell small form factor. No need to respond unless u can tell me how to unlock it or can tell me how to change the GPU from 6200 to 6600!!! It runs well though and I can run my America's Army graphics on all on high but since I can't mod it then I think it is waste of money even though I didn't have much of an option for a graphics card considering the size of my tower being small.
  • SuddSudd Williamsburg, VA
    edited March 2006
    No one checks this thread anymore? Is there a way to unlock my card? Thanks!!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Unfortunatly it would seem to me that your card cn't be unlocked, but I am not one to fully believe in the "impossible" thing. Best bet would be to google your card and check for unlocking options or maybe even a BIOS maybe... who knows.
  • edited June 2006
    I am kinda excited. I just bought a GF6200 thats the same make a RWB. I hope i have the same luck. I found this thread very helpful. One problem, i need a new power supply but thats beside the point.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited June 2006
    hatty wrote:
    I am kinda excited. I just bought a GF6200 thats the same make a RWB. I hope i have the same luck. I found this thread very helpful. One problem, i need a new power supply but thats beside the point.

Welcome to Short-Media hatty! :cheers:

Best of luck unlocking your card! Be sure to post back with your results :)
  • edited June 2006
    RWB wrote:
    OMG!!!! I managed to unlock the extra 4 pixel pipelines......

Just scored a 2800 in 3D Mark 2005 at 400/700!!!! Which is about 1100 points higher than the scores at the same speeds with only 4 Pipelines....

Gonna do 425/700 next to see how it does. :D

Not bad at all for a $110 card, give or take.

It only cost me $50!! :thumbsup:
    And i have a new power supply coming so ill be posting my results on here within a week. My friend has a 6200. The clock rates are that of a 6800. I am not sure what make of 6200 he has but i thought that was worth posting. I also heard somewhere that 6600 chip=6200 chip. I could be mistaken but i am pretty sure.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I believe it's the other way around, the 6200 uses the same chip as the regular 6600, just clocked lower and a different BIOS. Though as mentioned before they came out with the TC, Turbo Cached version which is a bit different somehow.
  • MrPMrP
    edited June 2006
    Hi, i have an xfx 256mb 6200. the extra pipelines wont unlock so i thought i'd give overclocking a go. i'm pretty new to this, but i've got the gpu upto 400 and it's stable. i've also got the mem upto 525 which is also very stable. I think there's more to be had out of the memory but when i try, it says "the driver failed to pass the internal test with the clock frequencies you are about to set".

so is 525 likely to be the maximum i can overclock it to ?
    how did you guys get it to 700 ?

any help would be appreciated.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    MrP wrote:
    Hi, i have an xfx 256mb 6200. the extra pipelines wont unlock so i thought i'd give overclocking a go. i'm pretty new to this, but i've got the gpu upto 400 and it's stable. i've also got the mem upto 525 which is also very stable. I think there's more to be had out of the memory but when i try, it says "the driver failed to pass the internal test with the clock frequencies you are about to set".

so is 525 likely to be the maximum i can overclock it to ?
    how did you guys get it to 700 ?

any help would be appreciated.

At first I thought you might have quite a card on your hands, that you might have OC'd your card to 1050MHz and not the 525 you mentioned. But the mroe I read about the card you bought, the sadder I get. It would seem that you got a plain jane card. I found reports that the card is not an overclocking card. It's a decent card for the cheap price, but it's based on the NV44A chipset, hince no unlocking pipes. So I doubt it would have the memory capable of doing high clocks.

Of course I am out of touch with this type of thing as well.