AquaMark3 - Post Your Score & Comment

Comments

• edited November 2003
    This is my score with very min. OCing. I am just starting to mess with it. If i can figure out what bridges to connect to get my multiplier above 12.5 i could have some fun. But know one seems to know how to do this. Thanks
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Hey slim
    All I get is an empty paint pallate.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    393/366 1.6v stock orb cooler
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Simon,

What's under that scores hood? 9700 or 9800? 366 on the memory is awesome.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Slim must have cancelled before he finished uploading, as that BMP just contains.....

NS
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz had this to say
    Simon,

What's under that scores hood? 9700 or 9800? 366 on the memory is awesome.
    sorry it was a late night and I couldn't wait to get some sleep.
    barton xp3000/400 @2546/442 @1.95v
    9800pro 128 393/366@75agp @1.6v
    mushkin l2 3500 256x2 5-2-2-2 @2.8v

as I said earlier I'm using stock cooling on the 9800 with AS2 ...I have better cooling and AS5 on the way ...more playing to do.

Man I do not understand the "advanced chipset features" settings after agp aperture.

FSB Spread Spectrum = Disabled
    AGP Spread Spectrum = Disabled
    CPU Thermal-Throttling = Disabled
    Enhanced PCI Performance = Enabled
    CPU Disconect Function = Disabled (wtf?)
    AGP Data Transfer Rate = 8x
    AGP Fast Write Capability = Disabled

Anyway ...got any ideas or should I start a thread dedicated to these bios settings?

csimon:thumbsup:
    edited November 2003
    The only thing you can try to change is the Fast Write. The rest is what they should be. Also, try AGP aperture of 256.
  • edited November 2003
    ill try it again, ill try a jpeg this time.
  • edited November 2003
    i dont know why it didnt work, i let it finish. My score was 44,907. Ill try again.
  • edited November 2003
    here........
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz had this to say
    The only thing you can try to change is the Fast Write. The rest is what they should be. Also, try AGP aperture of 256.
    ok I set agp 256 and fast write = enabled in the bios and I get a slight boost to 44797 ...then I set fast writes = on in smartgart reboot and I get 44185 ...big hit ...very strange and illogical.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Doh, I just converted that picture to JPG for you then found there was a 9th page *slap*

NS
    edited November 2003
    csimon had this to say
    Mackanz had this to say
    ok I set agp 256 and fast write = enabled in the bios and I get a slight boost to 44797 ...then I set fast writes = on in smartgart reboot and I get 44185 ...big hit ...very strange and illogical.

I agree, very strange. Keep it enabled in bios, but disabled in smartgart then. I need to test that as well.

I'm doing some testing as well and i need someone to confirm something...Csimon, if you open up the services in the administrative thingy, set the service atismart to manual and run it once before benching. You should see the screen blink for a second after a while and you won't have to reboot. This is after you have rebooted and disabled the fastwrite in smartgart that is.
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz had this to say
    csimon had this to say
    Mackanz had this to say

I agree, very strange. Keep it enabled in bios, but disabled in smartgart then. I need to test that as well.

I'm doing some testing as well and i need someone to confirm something...Csimon, if you open up the services in the administrative thingy, set the service atismart to manual and run it once before benching. You should see the screen blink for a second after a while and you won't have to reboot. This is after you have rebooted and disabled the fastwrite in smartgart that is.
    It is set to automatic here ...so you say start it then stop it again and I won't need a reboot? cool I've been concerned about all those reboots taking it's toll on the boot sector. I'll probably change it to manual.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited November 2003
    weak... something's wrong with my 9800 :-/
    edited November 2003
    Set it to manual first, then start the service.
    csimon had this to say
    Mackanz had this to say
    csimon had this to say
    Mackanz had this to say

It is set to automatic here ...so you say start it then stop it again and I won't need a reboot? cool I've been concerned about all those reboots taking it's toll on the boot sector. I'll probably change it to manual.
    edited November 2003
    Set it to manual first, then start the service.
  • edited November 2003
    hey al capown, your card is not weak man. its your processor. you have a 1800+. get a barton 2800+ or above and your scores will increase alot. i have the 9800 pro 128.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited November 2003
    No man, it's my card. I've had my processor all the way up to 2389. I had a 2500+ before. I'm not gonna spend $150 on a processor either when I can get the same performance for $50.

My 9800 Pro only does 405/350 without artifacts. I call that weak.
    edited November 2003
    I don't think it's weak at all at over 2.3 gig. This is either a Win XP thing or a bad set of drivers. On XP, i have found Cat 3.7 with it's control panel or the 3.5 cat based Omega's to be the fastest on Directx 9b.

Clean the drivers from the system and get the 3.7's. Are that cpu modded to a default 166 Al?

If you lower the memory on the card to 320, can you go up on the core any more? Use 1.7 volt on the agp in the bios.
  • edited November 2003
    i would get the new 3.9 divers. They worked great for me. i got them from www.guru3d.com hope this helps. I am still looking for a way to unlock my multipliers on my 2800 barton. i know you have to connect bridges, but i dont know which ones.
    edited November 2003
    great score slim.
    You can get speed strip that should connect those multipliers ...check it out at www.plycon.com and see if it is for you. Shipping is super cheap if not free at most places. If plycon is out write back and I can maybe find one or two other places that sell it and it will probably be cheaper.
  • edited November 2003
    lol i got a speedstrip and have no use for it. it only unlocks multi's form 5-12.5 ..my mobo does that now with new bios. I need 13 multis and higher. Thanks anyways. oh yea. anyone want to buy a speedstrip?? LOL :D
    edited November 2003
    you can have my multi's above 12.5 I don't use them!
    I only used 13 once and that was to get to 2600 but I can't get over 200fsb with that so I backed down. Runs too damb hot anyway @ 2.15v
    I'm am still teh oC noobee.
  • edited November 2003
    Just an update folks. :D
  • edited November 2003
    I'm really starting to push on 50K, I can't wait fot the GPU block to arrive.
    I down clocked the cpu but I have the ram running in sync with it now so the bandwdth is really opening it up quite a bit.
    12x249fsb, 490GPU-950MEM.
  • edited November 2003
    well this is my system:
    amd64 3200+
    9800pro128mb
    1Gb ram

nothing special, no oc's(because i dont know how), no tweaks.
    I havent seen anything higher than this so far, but i wanna see if anyone has pushed 50 or something. oh and if anyone could help me with tweaking/oc'ing i'd appreacite it
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Id say there is something wrong with my pc i got a 3000+ oced to 2300 ( 220 x 10.5 ) with 1 gig O ram and a 9700 pro and I only get 21000 thats bs!
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Gnome, ya, you should be over double that score. Go to your ATI control panel and make sure all the DX and OGL settings are for max performance, all sliders all the way to the left. When you run Aquamark, set it to 1024 X 768 then leave everything @ default. Probably be a tib faster if you set your desktop was @ 1024 also. Do the benchmark after defragging then rebooting, making sure that no other resident progs are running. I know you prolly know all this stuff, but gotta start somewhere ;)

Mikey, maybe start a new thread requesting tweaking assistance and listing your entire system specs - brand names & models on everything. We'll get you over 50k I feel certain.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I just redid my harddrive and all my slide bars were to the left. Made sure I had it at 1024 x 768 and it was. This card has always been an under performer but it was free so hey what yas want! I think i am going to replace this card since i put my dads 9500 pro in and got a score of 30000 adn i put the 9700 back in and got 2100 again. I am lucky if i break 13k in 3dmark 2k1

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6709