Lets Get The Fold on!

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    A very large portion of my farm is made up of P3s. They range from 600mhz to 1.26ghz. You're not gonna get stellar performance out of a p3/600, for example, but with enough of them, you'll make a very good showing on the boards :D
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2005
    I'll talk to him about gettin one or two and some memory, then i just need some cheap mobos and i think i have some small hard drives around. i'll make my own case!!!! :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    Nightwolf wrote:
    ...I'll make my own case!!!! :thumbsup:
    Who needs a case? :D
    edited September 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Who needs a case? :D

Lol, i like to keep my stuff neat. I think just a 2' by 2' box would do welll to hold both mobos!!!!
    :thumbsup: I'll make it outta plexiglass and call it smxDABOMB
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    A very large portion of my farm is made up of P3s. They range from 600mhz to 1.26ghz. You're not gonna get stellar performance out of a p3/600, for example, but with enough of them, you'll make a very good showing on the boards :D

I had a small farm of half-dozen IBM PC300's going for a while, PeeThree 600-800s, they did a good bit of damage in their day :D It was entertaining to see all six of them finish a WU on the same day, huge spikes in my stats :buck:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I'll make it outta plexiglass and call it smxDABOMB
    Do it, photograph it, and post it here...

and you will be a Team 93 hero! :cool:
    edited September 2005
    We've had some great ideas lately. :)

Keep at it and maybe someday you'll be managing one of these:
    (Not mine, drat it...but yes, it's Folding.)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    looks like mine :) but mine is better looking :) all folding Dual Processors :) Intel; 3.6Ghz Xeons with 2 gigs ram! It like a mini lan party ....
  • edited September 2005
    sledge looks pretty hooked.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Pretty wouldn't desribe my infatuation with getting more.... and.... more... and... more.. and.. more. and. more... POINTS!!!! okay I will stop now :) I have been recruiting a few comps a week in aiding me, they are old fart machines but will post points sooner or later.... my goal is to show 50 CPUs active every 7 days :)

It is good to set goals right? like gaetting back to the top 10 :)
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited September 2005
    Well, since at least 5 of us here work tech support, what if (with the customer's permission) they installed FAH on their computers as they left. That would give us 4% more fairly soon.
    edited September 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Go for the large WU's. You may not get them anyway (there was a period where they were being limited to systems with 1GB+ of RAM, though that may be over). Your system should be just fine with them, otherwise.

Once you've downloaded the Windows NT/2000/XP "No-nonsense" text-only console, make a new folder in "Program Files", name it FAH, then put the console installer (FAH502-Console.exe) in it and run the installation from there. This makes adding EMIII somewhat easier when you are ready to do that.

EMIII (Electron Microscope) is not difficult to set up once you've done it a time or two. If you have trouble getting started just send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you a hand. :)

Awesome! :eek:

Face it, man - you're hooked. :D

I'm cranking out wu's twice as fast with the no nonsense!!!!
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited October 2005
    Well I'm certainly going to be able to help with the required 4% now :). I just got back from the dump and they scrapped the dumpster, so once again all the metal is just sitting on the ground so anyone can take it. I saw what looked like an eMachines system that's maybe a few years old, probably worthy of folding a few WU's per week. I would've picked it up but it's pouring over here and I don't really trust a system that's been sitting out in the rain :cool:. If systems of that age continue to be disposed, I'll probably get 5 or so more added to my "farm". Plus with all the new members coming along, it shouldn't be long before we get what we need.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    I can easly get us more folders If I had a poster (Or more cards).
    edited October 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    I can easly get us more folders If I had a poster (Or more cards).
    PM primesuspect for more cards.

You can download some nifty posters at Join Folding by clicking on the Recruitment link. If you're creatively inclined you could make your own customized posters designed to appeal to your target audience.