Our new host for SM29_Betty_Harris

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Folding@Home
SM29 is another special rig for the SMx project. We have named it in honor of Matt Harris' (madmat) mother, Betty, who passed away this past April.

So without further ado, please congratulate a dedicated member to the Folding@Home cause, DoctorGeo2008, our newest member to the SMx family.

Congratulations!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    DoctorGeo2008, you have six hours to acknowledge your selection, or the machine is recycled into Christmas tree tinsel.

or so I thought.... :scratch:

Congratulations! Take your time finding this thread, but not too long. (just joking about the time limit)

:celebrate
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Congrats, DrGeo! :D
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    Congrats DrGeo08 :thumbsup:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    honor thy well mr n00b SMx host ;D:thumbsup:
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    <b><blink> <font color=red size=5>
    Congrats
    </blink></font></b>
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I lost to the better man :) DoctorGeo2008 congrats :) someday soon I will host a SMX Rig
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Congrats on the selection to the SMx Project!!! Treat her well!!! :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Congratulations, DocGeo! :D

I know some of you guys are tired of hearing this, but this was really a tough decision. There are a few of you who have missed out several times by just a gnat's whisker.

All I can say is keep trying. For what it's worth, keep in mind that with each new rig we assign your chances improve. DocGeo was in the runner-up category for quite a few rigs before his number came up.

We expect to announce a new rig very soon. With parts already en route there will be a few more in the pipeline immediately after that. Stay tuned. :thumbsup::fold:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited October 2005
    w00t for the Doc. :woowoo:

Welcome to the SMx pr:fold:ject.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited October 2005
    Congrats doc, may she fold long and hard for the cause :)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Congratulations doc! :celebrate:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited October 2005
    Congrats Doc Geo, treat her well.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2005
    Congrats Doc :celebrate
  • edited October 2005
    :thumbsup:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited October 2005
    WOW!! I just read this guys. I was gone all day yesterday watching my beloved Lions blow another game and didn't get on to read messages until right now.

I am truely honored! I have not been a member of Short-media for very long and I appreciate the trust in me to host the SM29_Betty_Harris. You can rest assured that she WILL be handled with the utmost care and dedication as I show my own machines.

Thank you once again! SM29_Betty_Harris will be :smokin: in no time. :thumbsup:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited October 2005
    I lost to the better man :) DoctorGeo2008 congrats :) someday soon I will host a SMX Rig

No, Sledge, you did not lose to a better man. I think the committee was getting sick of me putting my name in the hat so they did this to shut me up. :D

Seriously, we are all in this together. You have my utmost respect in your dedication the the F@H cause. Just look at your numbers!!!! You will be past me in no time and I'm not doing too shabby myself. ;)

Please... keep up your AWESOME job of folding. I'm confident that you will have your own SM rig in due time. :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    See that just shows the better man :) he is to ashamed to admit it:) lol.....

I have been at SM for a short time, well actually just over a month, And am now calling SM my home, I enjoy this community, and can only hope for years of enjoyment.. I might just reach a new goal I set, to make a SM Byte! :) one day! I might be funny:) I learn new things here daily, so keep up the good work Team SM and I will do my best to help in any way possible....
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    new goal I set, to make a SM Byte!
    Thanks for your stated loyalty. I have no doubt you'll back it up. Concerning SM bytes: they aren't planned, they just happen. :D
    edited October 2005
    ya I know, But I tend to make things happen :)
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2005
    Congratulations DoctorGeo2008!! Glad to have you!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Congrats, Doc :)