Why Intel Won't Duel with AMD

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Hardware
Most of you have probably already heard about the challenge AMD has issued to Intel. A duel of benchmarks for server processers. If you haven't seen it, take a look at the official call for a dual core duel . But according to the Inquirer, here are the reasons Intel won't come out and play with their new Paxville:
Top 10 Reasons Intel will not Participate in the Dual-Core Duel --

10. Tried to follow their own roadmap to get to the duel
9. Decided to take the "front-side bus" to the duel; got stuck in a bottleneck
8. The "Intel Inside" stickers they used to package the cores together keep melting
7. Too busy rearranging the deck chairs on the Itanic
6. "Hey, we don't expect anyone to actually buy these things!"
5. Didn't want to compete when they realized that the duel would involve actual "rules" of fair competition
4. They couldn't get a permit from the fire department to emit that much heat
3. No systems available yet - protective clothing used by manufacturers only safe for up to 149 watts
2. Dell told them they weren't allowed to participate

And the number one reason Intel won't accept the dual core duel:

1. Moore's Law has been replaced by "Paul's Paradox": the number of canceled products per year at Intel will double every year after the introduction of the AMD Opteron processor.

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I love the inquirer ;D;D:D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Even funnier, AMD made those up (PDF).
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited November 2005
    Um, the inquirer article states that those ten reasons came from AMD, it's right there in the article....
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited November 2005
    ;D

very nice.. :D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I was talking withthe Intel and AMD reps at work the other day, I asked what they think of thier AMD vs Intel war , The intel guys went on with all the technical crap and wanted to Woo me, Then it was the AMD reps turn He turned and looked at me and said " Isnt that the biggest P.O.S. Lie you have ever heard?? What do I think about the AMD vs Intel war?? Intel sucks " I rolled! I was cracking up!