Help overclocking!

2»

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Shucks ...I got the bios and the vcore is no different.
    After all of the reading I've been doing it seems that the vcore limitations are based on the cpu you use with it. Some cpus do allow the bios to introduce more vcore apparantly. These Opterons are only allowing up to 1.4v with a +-.05 overvolting. It's just not enough. I would expect to be allowed to take this all the way up to 1.85v if needed.

I'll have to think this one through cause I just put this thing together this week and it would be tough to explain to wifey why I'm taking it apart to fix it if it's already working. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    I guess you could say that I'm up to 2700 mhz. How this is happening is beyond me. All I'm doing is bumping the clock 1 mhz to the x11 multi and folding each night. :thumbsup:

At the end of my volts so this may be it ...we'll see I guess.
    Just feels like there's so much more to this thing but without voltage I may never know. :shakehead
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    At the end of my volts so this may be it ...
    Far preferable to being at the end of your wits. :rolleyes:

I've enjoyed watching your progress.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    With no hardware mods, that is very good!
    edited December 2005
    Thanks for the encouragement fellahs. After looking around a little it seems that I am right about this being the top end at this voltage ...it's quite common actually. The next step onward would have to be at about 1.65v to get to 2800. Anything after that I'm afraid would put too much strain and would greatly decrease the life of this thing.

Also, what you see above is folding temps. No telling how high it would get at 1.65v+ ...I'll keep plugging at it though.