Latest Greatest AMD Motherboards (Whats HOT!)

edited November 2008 in Hardware
Post whats new and HOT, on the horizon or just on sale!
Let us know why you think so!

========================================================
HOT Motherboards!!

AMD Motherboards

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR "Expert" Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI)

ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200)

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce X16 SLI)

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 Dual x8 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI)

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra)

Intel Motherboards

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) Dual 16x PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI)

ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) PCIe (Intel 955X)

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Good topic!
    Let us know why you think so!
    Who is "us".
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2006
    From what ive noticed, the asus a8n sli premium is a hot board right now.
    edited March 2006
    From the Intel camp for Socket 775, the Asus P5WD2 series seems to be king of the hill. I'd love to try one of Abit's AW8 boards, but I want to wait until reports are in of consistent Abit quality control. I used to use Abit nearly exclusively for both AMD and Intel.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    The Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe is hot ...a little too pricey for now but that will be coming down soon. Make sure to give it high amps from a strong psu.
  • edited March 2006
    The MSI K8N Diamond Plus!
    Have a look at this baby! Tell me what you think. Anyone got one of these!
    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Diamond_Plus&class=mb
    $195.00 shipped from zip, zoom, fly
    edited March 2006
    Same price or less at Newegg, and only $6.95 for shipping.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I have that board. Haven't had a chance to flex its overclocking skills yet. Still, every MSI board I've ever used has been stable as all get out.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited March 2006
    ========================================================
    HOT Motherboards!!

AMD Motherboards

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR "Expert" Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI)

ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200)

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce X16 SLI)

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 Dual x8 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI)

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra)

Intel Motherboards

ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) Dual 16x PCIe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI)

ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) PCIe (Intel 955X)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    The RD580 mobos look hot. Nice features, great speed.
    There is the DFI580 and an ABIT AT8-32X.
    I have no use for Crossfire, but it might be cute to use to video cards and drive 4 monitors.

Any news yet about nF5?
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited March 2006
    edcentric wrote:
    The RD580 mobos look hot. Nice features, great speed.
    There is the DFI580 and an ABIT AT8-32X.
    Are they available yet?
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Available? Well, sort of.....
    I can find tech data, and reviews, and I think that I found prices (but I couldn't read the page, not my language). But alas, none for delivery yet.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    does abit make motherboards anymore? im so out of the loop...
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited May 2006
    I'd really love to find one of these: DFI Venus NF4 (Limted Edition)

Pretty much the DFI Expert NF4 with top of the line metalic capacitors etc.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    does abit make motherboards anymore? im so out of the loop...
    abit is business as usual even though they were bought out (or merged) recently ...sorta like 3dlabs was bought by creativelabs but 3dlabs is near biting the dust as is SGI. SGI is hoping for a comeback at immersive 3D technology ...see louisiana lite.
  • edited May 2006
    I am looking at the ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 Dual x16 PCIe (ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200) to replace the MSI mobo I have right now. I need to know an experts opinion on what video card would go good with this board. I dont want to spend and arm and a leg for the card either. PCI express 16x, 256mb, at least. I dont plan on playing games with the machine, I do photo and movie editing and on my machine. The Radeon 9600XT 256mb and MSI K8T Neo board that I have right now seem to be giving me fits for some reason, and I am slowly rebuilding the system to act correctly. I am running two SATA 2 Hard drives in a striped 0 Raid right now too. Thanks for any help you guys and gals can provide.
  • edited October 2006
    The crosshair has my attention now,

http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1283&l1=3&l2=117&l3=0

Check it out and tell me what you all think.
  • edited October 2006
    Merc*DoD* wrote:
    The crosshair has my attention now,

http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1283&l1=3&l2=117&l3=0

Check it out and tell me what you all think.

This mobo is more stacked than Pamela Anderson! I havent been looking into the motherboards lately since most of the problems went away since I found one of my raid cables were not 100%. But, I think when the price of this beast goes south a bit, I will invest. Thanks for the tip!

Jim
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Any updates here? What's the new hotness?
  • edited March 2007
    I still like the same board for gaming with a single core processor, however for video editing etc... a dual core chip and possible a differant mobo.
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited June 2007
    I know this is old, but I am nominating the BIOSTAR TA690G... a very versatile overclocker uATX board with GB ethernet (PCIe lane), solid state caps, three phase power, HDMI/DVI/VGA output, HDCP integrated support, board layout supports a 2 slot PCIe 16x solution and still have 2 PCI slots avalable, onboard power and reset switch, 4 fan headers, High definition Realtek ALC888 codec, etc.

Mate this with an AM2 X2 3600+ and you have yourself a gem...65nm low wattage goodness with some headroom for the OC.
  • edited January 2008
    Any new suggestions? I am looking for the newest of the new! A real top of the line gaming board! Anyone?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Crossfire or SLI?
  • edited February 2008
    I want the best gaming AMD motherboard with sli. I wonder which is best for gaming (single core, duel core or quad core) What is the best chipset ? 590? Looking for all feedback!
    edited February 2008
    The only AM2 chipset with SLI is the 590, there has not been another from Nvidia yet.

If you wanted Crossfire that is another story.

So far...you can't run Quad (Phenom) on 590, that I know of, but don't take that as gospel.

6400+ Black Edition CPU and DFI NF590 SLI M2G/R, IMO is the board you want.
  • edited February 2008
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    The only AM2 chipset with SLI is the 590, there has not been another from Nvidia yet.

If you wanted Crossfire that is another story.

So far...you can't run Quad (Phenom) on 590, that I know of, but don't take that as gospel.

6400+ Black Edition CPU and DFI NF590 SLI M2G/R, IMO is the board you want.

Do you think the DFI board you mentioned is better than the ASUS Crosshair?
    edited February 2008
    Merc*DoD* wrote:
    Do you think the DFI board you mentioned is better than the ASUS Crosshair?
    Yes
    edited February 2008
    Actually, there are less expensive nForce 570 SLI systems. The 570 is a single chip solution, but still offers a decent feature set. The DFI Infinity NF570-SLI M2/G is a great alternative to the DFI NF590. The DFI NF590 is still a great board, though.
  • edited March 2008
    I see asus has another board coming out (AMD) with sli support with a new chipset (the 780a chipset)
    check out the website below.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/06/cebit_3_new_asus_motherboards/
    edited March 2008
    I've had the opportunity to use Biostar's new TA770+ as well. It is a great budget board. It's got a tweaker BIOS comarible to DFI's offerings and can do 350MHz HTT without issue.
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited November 2008
    ive got a skt 939 4800+ that i need to buy a mainboard for. its one of the old power hungry ones from back when they first came out. id like something with 2 16x pcie slots. i dont think ill be running sli specifically, but i run 4 monitors so the extra video card slot is needed. ive also got 4x 1gig ddr400 ocz platinum ram sticks to put in it. id like something high end thats very stable. ive tried the dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr and im not too happy with the nforce 4 chipset. i was having trouble with stalling and random lag where the system would lock for about 5 seconds and start working again. buying new would be a bonus, but id gladly hit ebay if needed. any thoughts?