New Build Problems please HELP!

2»

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    after it reaches 75 it shutsdown
    It's doing exactly what it is supposed to do - shutting down to protect itself (actually, the motherboard BIOS is shutting the system down).

You said you are using a stock heatsink that came with your P4. I just want to make sure I understand your configuration.

Are you using the CPU-heatsink set that came bundled together? What I mean is, are you using an older P4 heatsink with a newer CPU, or are you using the set that was sold together in the retail package? You mentioned Socket 775? Is this a socket 775 motherboard with a heatsink mounted that is not configured for Socket 775?

Your case. Please tell us about it's cooling. Fans - where in the case, what size? The best CPU heatsink in the world is handicapped if the case doesn't breath well.

One more thing.
    i cleaned the heat sink i put it on the cpu and still i feel the hot air around the heat sink and then it shutsdown
    Did you apply thermal paste to the heatsink before you re-installed the CPU? If so, tell us how you did it and how much paste you used.

Sorry for this mini interrogation, but I'm quite adept with Socket 775 air cooling and would be happy to help you. We can get you out of this mess. If I can run the hottest of the hot Intels, Pentium 820s each overclocked nearly by 1000MHz, I know we can find relief for your system! :bigggrin:
  • edited May 2006
    Sorry i took so long to post but good news. It was that the case was not getting enough air. Everything is working fine im upgrading the fans on the case because there only for show. Everything looks great. Thank you all for the great help really appreciate it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Good to hear that you got it going. :cheers: