AVG Vs. McAfee

2»

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    It's refreshing to know that poor spelling and grammar aren't solely the province of US internet users. Stupidity is global.
    cool kids wrote:
    kasbery
    The snozzberries taste like snozzberries. The kasberries taste like kasberries!
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    But will these programs work on WinME?!?!
    Our they still a great team with ME!>11
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    cool kids wrote:
    As my dad got a virus on an American express email on a package
    But Amex and UPS always send exe mail from rwadjh@djasdhga.cn

Looks the the fruit does not fall far from the tree... ;D

-> RyderOCZ edited : 25 Apr 2011 at 11:15am . :skeptic:
  • edited June 2011
    Deano wrote:
    So AVG is definately better than McAfee? I have always used AVG, but my brother and friends always say that it has got to be crap at its job because its free. I, actually think it does a very good job at what it's supposed to do.

Have you ever had a Virus that AVG did not catch? If not, then case closed. Your brother and friend are biased idiots.(no offense)

FYI: I use Avast(free version) for years and never had a Virus or Spyware or Adware.

Another good alternative free Antivirus solution is Bitdefender or Avira.
    There is NO reason to ever pay for an Antivirus program like McAfee or Norton. They are both inferior simply for the fact that they are 'pay for" solutions.
  • edited June 2011
    Posting nonsense in threads over four years old: All the cool kids are doing it :troll:

Does your post make you one as well? :confused:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    areamike wrote:
    Have you ever had a Virus that AVG did not catch? If not, then case closed. Your brother and friend are biased idiots.(no offense)

FYI: I use Avast(free version) for years and never had a Virus or Spyware or Adware.

Another good alternative free Antivirus solution is Bitdefender or Avira.
    There is NO reason to ever pay for an Antivirus program like McAfee or Norton. They are both inferior simply for the fact that they are 'pay for" solutions.

The best anti-malware is your own trigger finger, so saying that you've one product or another for years and had no problems is anecdotal evidence of that product's success at best. I ran no anti-virus for years and also had no problems, so should that be an indictment of failure on the part of anti-virus companies? No. Saying a paid product is inferior to a free product simply because it is paid is simply stupid. While there are many cases where something free is better than something paid, the fact that it is paid/free is not the deciding factor.

The only thing I'm interested in when evaluating or recommending antivirus products is testing-based assessments, for which I go to http://www.av-comparatives.org (there are others out there that perform a similar role).
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    areamike wrote:

Yes, I'm officially a member of the Icrontic Cool Kids Clubâ„¢. Fact.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    areamike wrote:

As he's the owner of the site, yes it does.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    As he's the owner of the site, yes it does.
    I don't really think because he owns it, that makes his opinion correct; it was correct because what he stated was true and lulzy