Call to Arms!!!

Comments

• DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited August 2006
    Great stuff guys!

About the skin, is anyone having trouble with it? I reinstalled it just to see if the skin.ini took ok. The lightning "framesProgress" graphic dissapeared and I had to redirect it manually.

I have free time so I'm developing a more personalized Cheerleading animated gif. Hopefully, I'll have it done before the end of the day.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Great work on Sig banners and EM skins guys.
    I'm trying to get my new system up and running......
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48819 I'm hoping to get it up today with help.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2006
    DogSoldier wrote:
    ...About the skin, is anyone having trouble with it? I reinstalled it just to see if the skin.ini took ok. The lightning "framesProgress" graphic dissapeared and I had to redirect it manually...
    Same here. Is it something I can edit on my own? :wave:
    edited August 2006
    Yes, you can add the image manually. Press the Microscope icon on the upper left, this will open "Options". Select the Box and then press "Frame Progressbar Options" Check "Background" and select the lightning image, if you can't see it, press that little computer icon to the right and navigate to where you installed the skin and select the graphic "sm_frameprogresspic.bmp". Press Apply and do the same for "Frames Progressbar Options", except this time choose "sm_frameprogresspic2.bmp" as your background image.
    edited August 2006
    I originally wanted to animate this, but the work outweighed the silliness.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    u guys are fortunate that im back an folding on the team...give me a few months and i'll have an extra1.2ghz tbird and a xp1900+ folding fulltime, not to mention a 2.53ghz and a 2800+ barton..no way im adding it to my lappy though...i dont want it to overheat

is there any chance we can make it back to the top 10..what would we beed exactly in order to do so?
  • edited August 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    is there any chance we can make it back to the top 10..what would we need exactly in order to do so?
    Um... more points? I dunno, I'm just guessing here... :bigggrin:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    u guys are fortunate that im back an folding on the team...give me a few months and i'll have an extra1.2ghz tbird and a xp1900+ folding fulltime, not to mention a 2.53ghz and a 2800+ barton..no way im adding it to my lappy though...i dont want it to overheat

is there any chance we can make it back to the top 10..what would we beed exactly in order to do so?

your laptop wont overheat, if it was designed correctly, then it should be able to run 100% no prob.
    edited August 2006
    Hey Wugs, Team CustomPC is gonna overtake us in a lil over 4 months. At our current rate, we are not going to overtake any team in the near future. You can get some indepth stats here:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=93
    edited August 2006
    what ever happened to our awesomeness?!?!? we used to be top 10 damnit...what ever happened to jumping jack and seversphere and other top end producers

EDIT: i liek the vote of confidence for the laptop..cept as of now i spent 2.3k on it and i feel liek babying it lol
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    If you spent 2.3k on it, it better damn well handle running 200%, hell, it better be able to take a bullet and keep on folding:vimp:
    edited August 2006
    If you spent 2.3k on it, it better damn well handle running 200%, hell, it better be able to take a bullet and keep on folding:vimp:

lol....
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2006
    Sweet skin, DogSoldier!!! I'm using it now - I hope it gives me more points :p
    edited August 2006
    DogSoldier wrote:
    Yes, you can add the image manually. Press the Microscope icon on the upper left, this will open "Options". Select the Box and then press "Frame Progressbar Options" Check "Background" and select the lightning image, if you can't see it, press that little computer icon to the right and navigate to where you installed the skin and select the graphic "sm_frameprogresspic.bmp". Press Apply and do the same for "Frames Progressbar Options", except this time choose "sm_frameprogresspic2.bmp" as your background image.
    I no findee. Maybe I'm just blind... :bawling:

I did spot this, though:

This skin was developed because Profd is a funny guy.

;D;D;D
    edited August 2006
    I'll be adding a friends 3Ghz Northwood to the rally before the week is out.

Pilotwings, it may not go faster but the skin is very optimistic looking.

I thought you might like that Prof... :D

I made a little walkthrough to get the lightning to work. It should be clearer then my hastily written directions:
  • PsycoKillrPsycoKillr Mason City, Iowa
    edited August 2006
    ok I'm lost. i tried what dog said and I had nothing in the general page. nothing about C:/program files/ whatever/whatever and nothing in the box feild either. once again I ask, anyone out there have any ideas on how i can fix this?:rockon::respect:
    edited August 2006
    PsycoKillr, I'm lost too.
  • n_ver_endingn_ver_ending "Cloud 9...mind's sky"
    edited August 2006
    Hey everyone....I was checking out the stats...currently I only have my lil' O laptop...But I got this little thing running....hahahahahaha

It is not much, but sure is better then nothing.
    edited August 2006
    PsycoKillr: Can you post a screen shot of EMIII?
    Hey everyone....I was checking out the stats...currently I only have my lil' O laptop...But I got this little thing running....hahahahahaha

It is not much, but sure is better then nothing.
    Every little bit helps. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2006
    here it is Prof. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2006
    DogSoldier wrote:
    I made a little walkthrough to get the lightning to work. It should be clearer then my hastily written directions:
    Sweetness - thanks. Looks great
    edited August 2006
    Pilotwings, you like it.

Psycokillr, press that little computer icon at the lower right (Not the one with the magnifying glass) and navigate to C:\Program files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe
    edited August 2006
    cool that worked. thanx Dog
    edited August 2006
    ok it works but looks weird. here's a post of it.
  • edited August 2006
    WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! GOGOGO!!! TEAM 93 - YEA!!!!!!!!!!

cheerleader.gif
    edited August 2006
    Is she wearing granny house shoes?
    edited August 2006
    Woah, PsycoKillr... I have no idea what's happening there. I'd delete the EMIII folder and reinstall it in your Folding@home folder. Just unzip the full EMIII into C:\Program files\Folding@Home\ and try again.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Added a pentium 930 today (dual core)
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited August 2006
    Good News, today i got to add 3 p4 2.8's, 1 p4 1.8, and a 1 celeron 2.2 to the battle!!! Charge!!!!!! :ninja:
    edited August 2006
    here's a banner I did in my free time at work, nothing real special, but I think it is kinda cool. I may do some more work to it in a while, I dont really like how the call to arms text looks, and I couldnt really find a place to put SM or something like that in it, but the layer is there. It is definately a little rough around the edges. I have to eat super and go to church for now, but will probably do it later tonight since i dont go to work until 1:30 now

attachment.php?attachmentid=20823&stc=1&d=1154645289

If anybody wants the psd, send me a pm or say so and I will put it on my webserver.

One of these.