Forum Bugs

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Community
Hello everyone :)

These forums were skinned and hacked in a matter of a few days by myself. Along the way there will be some changes along the way.

Todo's (17 out of 20 fixed so far):

1) <strike> Smilies</strike> - Added a load and will do a few more over the next few days
2) Table bug on header in Firebird browser - Will be fixed with final header design
3) <strike> Funny table for oversized attachments</strike> - A known bug in VB which Jelsoft are working on for VB3
4) <strike> Subforum new thread not displaying </strike> - VBulletin hack limitation but Vbulletin 3 will resolve this :)
5) <strike>Email notification</strike> - PHP bug which will be fixed before the end of the week
6) <strike>Navigation links at the bottom of the post pages</strike> - Edited Template - Fixed
7) <strike>Forum time</strike> - Fixed
8) <strike> Private message tracking is not available </strike> - Fixed
9) <strike>Buttons</strike> - New Buttons done
10) <strike> PM max limit </strike> - Fixed. Set to 400
11) <strike> Welcome panel buttons</strike> - Minor template change, fixed
12) <strike>Double Quote in PM </strike>- VBulletin bug. Fixed with new release coming soon
13) <strike>Buttons not colouring correctly on read posts </strike>- VBulletin bug in 2.3.0, will find a workaround asap but new buttons should help which are now in place
14) Milestones showing on new posts search - Looking for a hack to do that as it is hardcoded. A week max hopefully
15) <strike>Javascript bug in quick reply</strike> - Thanks to lsevald. Should now be resolved
16) <strike>Attachment upload limit</strike> - Minor config error - fixed!
17) <strike>Ad/review images changed</strike> - Done!
18) Avatars! - To-do
19) <strike>Hot Threads</strike> - Now on the page and working :)
20) <strike> Downloadable PM's hack</strike> - Not compatible with VB 2.3.0

Anymore you get.. post them here and I will add them to the list and strike them off when they are resolved :)

///EDIT/// VB3 is ever closer. I have the almost final beta on a test board running on my private /dev server. It emcompasses a tremendous amount of new features. The final "gold" code should be here within another month or two. Then an awful of problems will be resolved :)///EndEDIT///

-Dan :cool:

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    • Weird problem: If a subforum was posted in last, it shows the poster from the subforum, but is shows the title from the last MAIN forum post. Hence if I post a thread “HI” in the main forum, and you post a thread titled “GO” in the subforum, it would have the title “HI” matched with your name in the latest thread column. Also, when Marc posted in programming before anyone did in Software, his name appeared on the latest post list but no title appeared at all.
    • Blackhawk says he only gets e-mail for PMs and not subscribed threads. It’s been confirmed by mack.
    • Need the chain of navigation links at the bottom of the post pages
    • I believe the forums are reading the server’s time (in EST) as GMT. (Hence, all times are off)
    • Private message tracking is not available
    • the buttons
    • PM max limit

whew... good luck with THAT... :p
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    What a list for ya. Keebler has everything I found so far.

And go check my thread in Feedback. You will like the pic I attached as an example.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Not really a bug, but the "Mark All Forums Read" button is RIGHT below the "View New Posts" button. And, twice, I've already accidentally clicked the "Mark All Forums Read" instead of "View New Posts." It really kind of screws things up because you no longer know what is new. ;)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    1) That is a limitation of the show thread hack. I waiting for an update of it called Vbulletin 3 ;)

2) Email will be live once TK can confirm the php is working correctly. That will be resolved shortly

3) Navigation.. give me a day

4) TK will fix the time by an hour (it needs to be summer time GMT)

5) Il turn tracking on tomorrow once I have finished up the PM hack for posts. Patience.. this was launched early!

6) Buttons - Tomorrow daytime :)

7) Pm limit is 400.
    edited June 2003
    Trekky8472 said
    Not really a bug, but the "Mark All Forums Read" button is RIGHT below the "View New Posts" button. And, twice, I've already accidentally clicked the "Mark All Forums Read" instead of "View New Posts." It really kind of screws things up because you no longer know what is new. ;)
    Il move it tomorrow :) its 2.42am here and I've just done a two day 600 mile round trip. Go easy on me guys! Il get to all of these in the next day or so!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    No rush, pal. Go take a nap or something. :)
  • LincLinc
    adds the perrenial Milestone/View New Thread issue :rolleyes:
    Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    adds the perrenial Milestone/View New Thread issue :rolleyes:
    edited June 2003
    OH yeah forgot one thing. All these yellow and blue boxes that are supposed to show if you read the post or not. Well on my post above there is a yellow box which says I have not read it yet. Dont think that is right. Same goes for threads, group forums and front index page. The yellows only change to blue when you click mark all threads as read.
  • FAH_WWFAH_WW Training in Indianapolis, IN
    edited June 2003
    Back again ;)
  • lsevaldlsevald Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I'm getting a JavaScript error in the thread views:

Line XXXX
    Char XX
    Unterminated string constant

I'm using IE6SP1 smile.gif

Looks like it's the quick reply form validation code. Possibly this line which spans over several lines (in red):
    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    var postmaxchars = 20000;
    function validate(theform) {
       if (theform.message.value=="") {
          alert("Please complete the message field.");
          return false; }
       if (postmaxchars != 0) {
          if (theform.message.value.length > 20000) {
             <font color="red">alert("Your message is too long.\n\nReduce your message to 20000 characters.\nIt is 

currently "+theform.message.value.length+" characters long.");</font>
             return false; }
          else { return true; }
       } else { return true; }
    }
    function checklength(theform) {
       if (postmaxchars != 0) { message = "\nThe maximum permitted length is 20000 characters."; }
       else { message = ""; }
       alert("Your message is "+theform.message.value.length+" characters long."+message);
    }
    //-->
    </script>

Lasse punch.gif
    edited June 2003
    Thank you Lasse :)

It was copied straight from a hack on VBulletin. What is the best way to fix that?
    edited June 2003
    NP Shorty smile.gif Making it into a single continous line of code should do it:
    <pre>alert("Your message is too long.\n\nReduce your message to 20000 characters.\nIt is currently "+theform.message.value.length+" characters long.");</pre>

Lasse
    edited June 2003
    Lasse...

You are awesome mate! :D Il fix that in a mo. Brill!
    edited June 2003
    Done. Hopefully that will fix that bug. Lasse you are a star mate ;)
    edited June 2003
    Looks good Shorty :)

Glad I could help,
    Lasse
    edited June 2003
    I see the blue/yellow thing was fixed. Better colors too.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have about 800 avatar images if you want a browsee.

NS
    edited June 2003
    NightShade737 said
    I have about 800 avatar images if you want a browsee.

NS
    How many??!! :wow:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I think the "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?" option is broken. I (being the cool guy I am) got a couple, and haven't gotten the popup.
    edited June 2003
    Mines been going all afternoon... lol .. check you arent being blocked by a stopper in a browser ;)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I'm running IE6 with no pop up stopper or w/e.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    Mines been going all afternoon... lol .. check you arent being blocked by a stopper in a browser ;)

omg yes... trust me, it works! :p

//edit: If the page doesnt finish loading before you click a link, it will not popup.
    edited June 2003
    General Keebler said
    Shorty said

omg yes... trust me, it works! :p

//edit: If the page doesnt finish loading before you click a link, it will not popup.
    That is also true! :o
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Here's some kinda little goof...no biggie but bug none the less. Its listing my folding sigs thread as the most recently posted in the folding forum, but jaz as the most recent poster. Jaz didn't post in my thread, he posted in a noteable milestones post.

Its displaying the thread and poster independant of eachother er somethin...
    edited June 2003
    That could be related to displaying the subforums on the index page. Il look into that in the next few days :) but I believe that is a limitation of the hack used.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Np, just passin anything that catches my eye along!
    edited June 2003
    LawnMM said
    Np, just passin anything that catches my eye along!

I *think* I have pretty much nuked 99% of any possible bugs. I could have delivered the board un-modified but I just wanted to make some cool additions to things :)
    edited June 2003
    I don't know what the purpose of this javascript function is, but it's broken in the same way as the previous JS bug Shorty smile.gif I get the JS errors when reading my PMs:

Line: XX
    Char: 96
    Error: Unterminated string constant
    1:<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    2:<!--
    3:function aimwindow(aimid) {
    4:window.open("member.php?s=&action=aimmessage&aim="+aimid,"_blank","toolbar=no,location=no,menub
    5:
    6:ar=no,scrollbars=no,width=175,height=275,resizeable=yes,status=no")

7:}
    8:// -->
    9:</script>

Lasse

EDIT: I numbered the lines to make it easier to read (word wrap kicked in). Line 4, 5 and 6 should be one line of code not three.
    edited June 2003
    That could be PM related as I had to change some of the templates for things :)

Thanks for the headups again Lasse! You the JS master!

Il take a look at it in a mo when my main rig is re-installed and patch the flunky script :)
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited June 2003
    Yo Short One,

I did not see this posted as a bug, so here goes:

I hit reply to a post tonight but I was not logged in, so I received the log in screen. I logged in and received the attached error message. I believe this was happening on the old icrontic forum too.