Forum Bugs

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    If you look on the main page you see this...
    edited June 2003
    Once you go into the software subforum you get this...
    Tried clearing my cache, still the same.
    Dont know if its a problem, that I leave to you guys.
    edited June 2003
    Ahhh, its done it again. Same on IC16-UK
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    MrBill said
    Yo Short One,

I did not see this posted as a bug, so here goes:

I hit reply to a post tonight but I was not logged in, so I received the log in screen. I logged in and received the attached error message. I believe this was happening on the old icrontic forum too.

That is a Vbulletin bug which Jelsoft have promised to fix with the new release of VB.. version 3 :) We shall be upgrading as soon as a final release is available.
    Necropolis_uk said
    Once you go into the software subforum you get this...
    Tried clearing my cache, still the same.
    Dont know if its a problem, that I leave to you guys.

That is a limitation of the hack used. This is only temporary until the newest version of VB (see previous post). The core functionality you see here that I hacked into the board is already a default in the new VB. I just didn't want to deliver you guys a board without a few nice touches until a new release of the software was available. So I hacked it to the very best I could until the new release arrives to all VB subscribers.

VBulletin 3 has been a long time in production but the number of functions it provides over the existing version (2.3.0) is immense. Looking forward to upgrading to that in the next 2 months :)
    edited June 2003
    Does this mean that posts are dissapearing into the unknown?
    edited June 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    Does this mean that posts are dissapearing into the unknown?

No :) The hack is unable to determine the last thread posted on. It can however detect the last poster. That is why the poster name changes but the thread title does not.

It's a purely visual issue with subforums stacking on the forums homepage. Nothing more.
    edited June 2003
    Aha,

Now it makes sense. Had a look in the Linux, BSD & other OS subforum and sure enough, there is a post from EMT. :aol:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    There were 4 posts since my last visit, but there were not 4 (new?) threads. Is the thread count supposed to be the # of new threads, or the number posted in?
    bug.jpg 10.5K
    edited June 2003
    Wierd.. Il look into that. I know there are some VBulletin bugs which are fixed in VB3.. have to check their errata on it :)
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    I don;t klnow if this is a probelm or not or whether its my browser's fault or not. I'm running Opera 7.10. When not logged in I see a forum link I want to post on so instead of loging in I hit the post reply button and then get taken to a login screen. After filling in my name and password I get taken to a page that says No specified article has been chosen, Instead of being taken to a reply to post page. It used to work but now I just get The no article specified page. Any thoughts?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    MrBill posted about that in this thread. Its first post on this page at least for me.

It will do that to me too if I am not logged in but once I am and using cookies it works fine.
    edited June 2003
    There are few bugs in VB 2.3.0.. I have just grabbed the public beta of VB 3.0.0. VERY impressive. Very feature packed and totally awesome. Soon alot of the old bugs will dissapear :)

Can't wait to upgrade!
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    dunno if this is on here yet, but I still get the same problem I had @ icrontic where if I type a quick reply and hit post without logging in first, it makes me log in (which is expected) but then comes back with the "no thread specified" error... :banghead: :aol:
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    That is a Vbulletin bug which Jelsoft have promised to fix with the new release of VB.. version 3 :) We shall be upgrading as soon as a final release is available. :)

Posted back on page 3 of this thread ;)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The two "eek" faces have the same code. They both use : eek :
    edited June 2003
    Il change one ;)
    edited June 2003
    Now :wtf:

Is... : wtf: (without the extra space) :)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thanks! I think wtf suits it more anyway. :wtf:;)
  • edited June 2003
    its nojt so much a bug, but the edge of the forum closed button doesn't really match the forum colours.... might look better if it was made transparent with the background or something ;)

it looks alright on this background, but on the blue at the bottom it doesn't.
    edited June 2003
    oooops.. missed that one ;)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    There is also another bug. The forum can't display more than 3 nested quotes without screwing them up.
    edited June 2003
    Its been reported already danball. Its a Vbulliten problem that should be fixed with v3.
    edited June 2003
    Oh, ok. I didn't know that
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    With reference to the main page, I thought I might point out the time is one hour behind for 'LONDON'.
    edited June 2003
    Yep ;) I did mention that to the coders earlier ..hehehe
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Oh good, I was starting to think that London had a different time zone to the rest the UK.

I was thinking about driving down there, just so I could get an extra hour out of the day.:)
    edited June 2003
    One more hour of UT practice :D

Thats the spirit my man!
    edited June 2003
    http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=766

Should help with the thread not specified bug :)
    edited June 2003
    When I clicked on that link I was able to see the log in boxes. I guess my cookies didnt work for some reason. I know I wont have problems posting this but I would have to log in if I were to post in that thread after clicking that link.

Why would I have to log on after clicking a link?
    edited June 2003
    I saw the login boxes too when I clicked that link