Forum Bugs

13»

Comments

• Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    I am running mozilla firebird version 0.6. I was browsing this post:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=10072#post10072

and got this wierd result with some people's sigs. It's probably just the browser not properly displaying the images. Just thought i'd let you know just in case.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Those sigs are in an < iframe > .. I think that _may_ have something to do with it but Im not 100% sure.

Il look into a little more as that is a wierd error :confused:
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Oh, wow! That is an <'iframe> in a table in my sig. Why would mozilla not support it?

Makes me not want to use Firebird even more - it is beta right?

What is used for code in F@H:
    <'iframe src="http://www.realm7677.com/fah/fah.php?user=100.97.110.98.97.108.108.49.57.55.54&bg=2" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" height="34" width="430" frameborder="0" scrolling=NO><'/iframe>

edited June 2003
    It is really wierd because it doesn't happen all the time I should have mentioned. That's why I think its browser related.

Dan, yeah firebird is in beta. Overall I like it better that Opera. It's the fastest browser I have ever used.
    edited June 2003
    I guess that might get fixed in later revisions hopefully.
    edited June 2003
    Wierdness galore today. What do you think? I hit reload 5 times and it all came back the same. Take a look.
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited June 2003
    The last one I claim :(

It's an error. Not really my fault, but I can add some stuff to avoid it. I'll do so ASAP.

What Happens:
    The stats update every hour, and sometimes the Stanford server gets loaded and takes forever to display stats. PHP will timeout in 30 seconds and when it does the cache is screwed. When the cache is bad, the script is ending tables that don't exist and creating the look you see in Bad_Karma's post.

Consider it fixed...

- Park_7677
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    all of the sudden my cookies are acting weird. I've noticed a couple of things: 1) My email notifications are still flaky, and 2) All of the sudden I'm only seeing 1 or 2 or even no new posts every time I visit. So this morning, I fired up the site on my home computer and it said "131 new posts in 35 threads" and then I closed the browser and came to work. When I get to my office, I load up the site, it says "1 new post in 1 thread" ... I haven't read any posts period, and lately I've been missing tons of posts.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited June 2003
    This reminds me of "The Wizard" when the "cool kid" says, "I just love the Power Glove; it's so bad."
    shwaip said
    I think the "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?" option is broken. I (being the cool guy I am) got a couple, and haven't gotten the popup.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited June 2003
    Never used Firebird, but I have Mozilla 1.4RC1 or 1.4b (forget which) and I don't get this.

I've not stayed up on Mozilla like I used to, so is Firebird different from the Mozilla browser (as it stands right now?) or what?

I think after 1.4 Mozilla browser will be rebranded as Mozilla Firebird.
    Bad_Karma said
    I am running mozilla firebird version 0.6. I was browsing this post:

[ Image Removed ]

and got this wierd result with some people's sigs. It's probably just the browser not properly displaying the images. Just thought i'd let you know just in case.
    edited June 2003
    a2jfreak said
    Never used Firebird, but I have Mozilla 1.4RC1 or 1.4b (forget which) and I don't get this.

I've not stayed up on Mozilla like I used to, so is Firebird different from the Mozilla browser (as it stands right now?) or what?

I think after 1.4 Mozilla browser will be rebranded as Mozilla Firebird.

I think Firebird was rewritten from scratch instead of rewriting the Mozilla Browser. I have never used the mozilla browser but after using Firebird I must say I like it alot. I personally think its faster than Opera and seems to be more stable than IE explorer. You can get more information from this site:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/
    edited July 2003
    danball1976 said
    I saw the login boxes too when I clicked that link

I'm still getting the login boxes when I click a link that is within this forum. Plus when I login, I get the "No thread specified" notice when logging in on the window that pops up.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Ditto. And when clicked into forum thread from email sub notify got same also.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2003
    using the "mark all forums as read" button, the redirect back to index doesn't work. it looks like theres an extra "s" on the end
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2003
    OR maybe that just happened the one time ... wierd. I'm using IE 5.whateverisnewest for the mac (just dont ask)
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited August 2003
    Mac?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    The forum "new messages" index appears to use the last login time as a search base. The link to mark all forums read works on the main index page, top link. I have to login to the main index pages login to get the login to behave right.

Maybe if we use those for now the site can be used until the next vBulletin version is released. Shorty has said that he is working on a site, but does not have the new final release of vBulletin 3.0 yet. Opera 7.11 works as I described above on Short-Media, so does Netscape, and Opera logs into Hotmail also.

Not complaining, just telling what I do here. IE 6.0 in XP misbehaves due to privacy settings, if I get rid of cookie limits on IE 6.0 it works as I outlined above. Netscape works in XP the same way, have to let the site have free cookie use to track right usnig the links as above.