Alright, Chip! Another... um, 'mature' guy! You're in good company: Tex, Leonardo, Muddoktor, John_D - all in the 40's club, just for starters.
Me, i'm 57. (57 yrs young that is).
(45 last May)
HAY HAY WHADDABOUT ME??? I"M IN THE OLDFARTS CLUB TOO!!! just not as high up as you guys! 45
OOH, just itchin' for the ribbin':
And doesn't look a day older!
Still got me beat, ha ha!
Aha! Someone else to carry the banner! You guys? Ha! I'm one of the younger, older guys. (43)
Guess that makes you just a pup, Leo.
20 years ago, I would have considered that condescending! ;D ;D
We'll be glad to mentor you! :eek2:
Prof, you hooligan, Number 6 should be 'drive in the right lane' for UK residents. If I could figure this damn PC out I'd send you one of those emaily things to complain.
Whippersnappers. Anyway, I'm off to work now, where's me hat?
Well I guess I have the proper credentials for the "new" (old) club. 46 next month. However......I refuse to growup! I have heard my 15 year old daughter on many occasions say things like "Dad ? are you ever gonna grow up? or just plain "Grow up " I take it as a compliment !
Yeah. Just for starters:
1) Hike your pants up so your belt is just below your armpits
2) Hem the cuffs so the pantleg ends midway between the knee and ankle
3) Wear sandals over thin black nylon socks
4) Let your ear and nose hair grow to extravagant length
5) Buy a hat and wear it
6) Drive down a major highway in the left lane at half the speed limit
7) Make sure your turn signal remains on for 45 miles but never change lanes
8) Smoke cigars in public places and act surprised when someone objects
9) Complain about the government but vote a straight party ticket in every election
10) Use words like "whippersnapper" and "hooligan" in your everyday conversation
11) Go to McDonalds every morning, buy a Senior Discount coffee, and read discarded newspapers for several hours
12) Complain about how new technology (like 8-Track Tapes and TV Remotes) is "just too hard to figure out"
There is much more, of course, but master the above tips and you're well on your way.
Nice to see more Brits! :ukflag: