Having problems

xgpimpxgpimp miramar/miami
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Im haveing trouble trying to find a driver for a 6600 video card. And I tryed downloading it from the Nvidia website but it finished downloading and started to setup and then it just doesnt finnish a messege pops up.

It says, "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."

I have downloaded it from atleast 14 different websites. Is there any other way to obtain the driver ?

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    It's better when you don't tell us what the message is. We'll just guess.
  • xgpimpxgpimp miramar/miami
    edited January 2007
    Ok I have fixed it, iI am sorry for the inconvenience.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Try disabling your antivirus before installing. See if that helps.
    edited January 2007
    I have no anti-virus running atm :(
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. The only inconvenience was the incomplete post before you corrected. That was actually pretty funny. Pop in any time you need help, or better, hook up with us even when you don't need help. We're a fun community and we all learn a lot here.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. The only inconvenience was the incomplete post before you corrected. That was actually pretty funny. Pop in any time you need help, or better, hook up with us even when you don't need help. We're a fun community and we all learn a lot here.
    Absolutely, xgpimp! I whole-heartedly 2nd Leonardo's sentiment! Your posting on Short Media is never an inconvenience. Those of us who respond to your posts are volunteers and as such, are in no way compelled to reply should we choose not to. Therefore, anyone who does reply is doing so of his/her on volition - S/he is choosing to participate in your thread.

You'll learn how to compose your posts and thread subject over time and w/ a little education from those of us who've been around a little longer than you have. None of us were born w/ that knowledge. We all had to learn sometime.

To that end:
    (1)When you start a new thread, make its title as descriptive of your problem as possible w/out being too long, of course. For instance, a good title for this thread might've been "Cannot unpack NVidia drivers"
    (2)In your posts w/in your thread, be very very very detailed when describing your problem(s). The more info. you can provide us, the better. Include all of your observations (including what you see, what you hear, any error messages, etc.) and any steps you've tried/taken. Remember, you are our eyes and ears when it comes to diagnosing your problem.
    (3)Answer, and I can't stress this enough, a-l-l questions that are asked of you. This can seem tedious at times but it's vital in being able to diagnose your problem.

Now, after all that, if you'd like to pursue troubleshooting this problem (or any other problem you might be experiencing) w/ help from those of us on Short Media, just let us know and we'll help you out, ok?
    edited January 2007
    Ok, im still trying to find a solution tho :(
    edited January 2007
    Is there another PC you could download the drivers from? Drop them onto a CD-R or flash drive then copy them to your PC.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    xgpimp wrote:
    Ok, im still trying to find a solution tho :(
    Hello again xgpimp
    I suspect that the problem you are experiencing is a symptom of a deeper problem. Because you have no AV running, I would recommend ruling out the possibility of a malware issue first. You can post a new thread on our Spyware & Virus Removal forum & have experts there aid you in examining your system for malware.
    Please Follow Each of these Steps Before Posting to our Spyware & Virus Removal Forum:

(1) Please, go here to begin addressing possible malware infection on your computer:

(2) Refer to this HOW TO thread for instructions re: how to perform tasks you will be presented with.

(3) Read through all of the remaining stickies here:

After you have performed steps (1) thru (3) above, post your new thread here. Be very detailed & specific when describing your problem in the title of your thread. In your case I would recommend a title like: "Unable to unpack files-Possible Malware Infection?" When you post to your thread, again, be very detailed re: what you have observed and what you have done so far. Include the facts that you currently have no malware protection installed on your computer and that you were referred to that forum from another forum on Short Media. When describing symptoms you are experiencing, remember, the more details you provide, the better the experts will be able to help you.

Good Luck! :thumbsup: