itunes help.....

edited November 2007 in Hardware
okays so i try to instll the newest itunes....
it says invalid drive h:\...
help me please....

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Stoney, welcome to Short-Media. I moved your thread out of the "Emergency" forum. I see iTunes as entertainment, but certainly not crucial to the functioning of your computer, so that's why it's now out of the Emergency section.

With that said though, I sincerely hope you get your problem rectified. Let me see if I understand your problem. You were trying to install the latest version of iTunes software on your computer, and sometime during the installation process a window gave you an error message, "invalid drive h:\"?
  • edited January 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Stoney, welcome to Short-Media. I moved your thread out of the "Emergency" forum. I see iTunes as entertainment, but certainly not crucial to the functioning of your computer, so that's why it's now out of the Emergency section.

With that said though, I sincerely hope you get your problem rectified. Let me see if I understand your problem. You were trying to install the latest version of iTunes software on your computer, and sometime during the installation process a window gave you an error message, "invalid drive h:\"?

kk cheers mate (im still finding my way around..)

okay so this is what happens i download the itunes setup i run it and the first thing it says is "invalid drive h:\" so i click on "ok" and then theres this screen saying "sory we could not install itunes blablabalablaba" so can you help me?? i tried to install a deamon tool and gave it a drive h:\ but then it says that: the path to "my pictures" has an incorect character.......
    edited January 2007
    Open My Computer or Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and look for the drive symbols. What letter corresponds to each drive, such as C:\?
  • edited January 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Open My Computer or Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and look for the drive symbols. What letter corresponds to each drive, such as C:\?

okay so i got my local disc (c:) and my DVD-RAM drive (d:)
    so... yeah does that help??:buck:
  • edited January 2007
    okay so without the smiley faces ( C: ) and ( D: )
    edited January 2007
    Hey, smilies were just fine! The software should not detect a drive H:\ as the appropriate location for the software installation. That is strange. During installation is there a prompt asking you where you want to install the software (Apple - probably no choice at all)? If so, browse to your C:\ drive and install it there.

Apart from that, the only suggestion I have would be to get a fresh download of the software.
  • edited January 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Hey, smilies were just fine! The software should not detect a drive H:\ as the appropriate location for the software installation. That is strange. During installation is there a prompt asking you where you want to install the software (Apple - probably no choice at all)? If so, browse to your C:\ drive and install it there.

Apart from that, the only suggestion I have would be to get a fresh download of the software.

it doesnt ask me for a location it just says right at the beginning that the drive h is invalid...... i have downloaded the program about 5 times now so.... i gues i'll just have to do with the old version thanks verry much though!!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    When your iPod is plugged in, does it come up as drive H:\?
  • edited January 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    When your iPod is plugged in, does it come up as drive H:\?

yeah thats what i wus thinking unfortunatly i dont have an ipod so... you shouldnt need an ipod though to instal itunes, do you??
    edited January 2007
    yeah thats what i wus thinking unfortunatly i dont have an ipod so... you shouldnt need an ipod though to instal itunes, do you??
    No, iTunes is supposed to be standalone. I even inadvertently installed it on one of my computers. It was bundled with QuickTime. (Still trying to remember why I installed any Apple multimedia software.)
  • edited November 2007
    Hi
    I have had the same problem. I realised that My External HDD was connected when ITunes was loaded and I had disconnected it.

I just plugged back the external HD and re run the setup of 7.5 Itunes. It went thru without a problem.

Hope this works.

Regards
    KVVN