SM Banner on the Forum

ThraxThrax ๐ŸŒAustin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2007 in Community
You see that we have a banner on the top left, which is shiny and speaks nothing of the forum. Perhaps that banner could link to the main page, as I so often wish it does when I click it absent-mindedly forgetting that it does nothing but take you back to the forum index, for which there are already atleast two links. ;D

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I concur... Logo redirects to the Main Front Page... :thumbsup:
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I absolutely agree!
    Usually I have to scroll right to the bottom of the page to get to the "Contact Us - Short-Media.com - Archive - Top" link so I can get back to the main page and some of these pages can get long :eek2:
    (Though I did hear a rumble from Keebs some time back saying his working on it!?)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I have a bookmark. :rolleyes2

:tongue:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I have a bookmark.
    So do I, but a link would be much better. The main site probably loses traffic due to forum browsers not bothering to enter new addresses to get to the site.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I changed it. Let's see how many complaints we get :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually, it's quite useful :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Cyclonite wrote:
    I have a bookmark.

You gotta watch out for those boomkarks. They'll get ya every time. Oh, wait, you actually said bookmark... :cool2:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    boomkarks are horrible

anyways, yeah, I find myself having to retrain my muscle memory, because I keep going to the front page instead of forum home :werr:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2007
    Another fine improvement. :)
    GHoosdum wrote:
    You gotta watch out for those boomkarks...
    ;D;D;D

Oh, my aching guts - thar she blows! :eek3:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I have a complaint. I think it's a real pain in the ass that the S-M logo redirects to the front page. I liked it better when it pointed back to the main forum page.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    That is so cool :cool2:

The linky for the main forum page is directly beneath it, so you only got to train your brain to drop that cursor one inch lower.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    That's the way it should be. Thanks. So easy now to bounce between the site and forums.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited January 2007
    When did we get a front page?.........

;)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Clutch wrote: ยป
    When did we get a front page?.........

;)

Tru dat! Now with this fixed I actually visit the main page often. I guess this speaks of how lazy I am.... but hey, I am not the only one!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I have both front page and forum links on my firefox toolbar at the top of my browser. I can now delete the front page link and use the new linky.
    Good idea! Works great.