My son is on his way out of Iraq!

MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
edited February 2007 in Community
I got an email from my son on Saturday and he has started the journey out of Iraq. He should be in Kuwait in a day or two and then headed to his base in Germany within another couple of days.

I am so happy!! :clap::clap:

Thanks for all the prayers! :)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    That is great news, Bill! :D
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Glad to hear it Bill! A much deserved R&R.:thumbsup:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Nice! Great news!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    How fortuitous. :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Wonderful news! I'll bet that dad will be sleeping a little easier tonight. :D
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited February 2007
    Wow! That's great. Hopefully he'll be home for a good long while under the watchful eye of dear ol' dad. :smiles:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Good to hear man!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Is he redeploying to his unit or on leave of absence/R&R?
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited February 2007
    Glad to hear he's on his way :) Won't be long till he's Stateside. :)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2007
    That is great news MrBill.:thumbsup:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Whoot! Glad to hear the good news Bill! Congrats.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    !!!~AWESOME NEWS~!!!

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate
  • edited February 2007
    I am happy for you and your son, MrBill. Congrats!
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited February 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Is he redeploying to his unit or on leave of absence/R&R?
    Leo, he is returning to his unit in Germany but if I understand correctly, they are closing that base. I think he plans to take leave as soon as he returns to Germany and hopefully coming to the states for a couple of weeks. When he returns to Germany, I think he's changing from Heavy Armor to Cavalry. Depending on where the new company is in rotation, he might be headed back to Iraq sooner than expected -- but we'll find out more when he gets back.

I'm pretty fuzzy on the details. About the only thing that sinks in when he calls from Iraq is "I'm okay Dad". :)

Thank you everyone for the congrats and well wishes. It is much appreciated!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2007
    Fantastic news MrBill!
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited February 2007
    Make sure to thank him for his service for me

RADA
    SSgt USAF
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Please give him my respect and gratitude, from a retired Army warrant officer. I've spent a lot of time in Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. I truly feel for your son. I read the news and say to myself, "I'm glad I'm not over there any more..it's someone else's turn." It's unfortunate any of us have to be over there, or in any war for that matter, but it gives me a warm feeling to know that smart, competent, dedicated people have picked up the mantle. Although I've never met your son, we are connected. My thanks to him is personal.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Glad to hear, MrBill!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Please give him my respect and gratitude, from a retired Army warrant officer. I've spent a lot of time in Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. I truly feel for your son. I read the news and say to myself, "I'm glad I'm not over there any more..it's someone else's turn." It's unfortunate any of us have to be over there, or in any war for that matter, but it gives me a warm feeling to know that smart, competent, dedicated people have picked up the mantle. Although I've never met your son, we are connected. My thanks to him is personal.
    Very well said!

He has my respect and gratitude as well! Bill, you have my thoughts and respect for having such an honorable son!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Glad to hear he's done his duty and is on his way back home!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    We owe so much to our men and women in the Armed Forces. To all of you who have served and are serving, thank you!

I'm nearly brought to tears every time I see this commercial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTrMe76kes
    edited February 2007
    He is out of Iraq and now in Kuwait, expecting a flight out to Germany by the 10th. :)

I will be so glad when this conflict is over and EVERYONE can return home to their families.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Good to hear.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited February 2007
    Kwitko wrote: »

We could do with something like that over here - the quicker they are all home the better.
    edited February 2007
    My son just called from Germany!!!!!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    So good to hear MrBill!
    I hear Germany is a beautiful place from friends that have served and spent time there.
    Hopefully he'll be home soon so you can give him a big hug.
    When he is, give em one from us and tell em we send our gratitude and thanks.
    Kwitko, I'm with you on that commercial. It catches me off guard every time and I get choked up.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    AWESOME NEWS, Mr. Bill!!!!

Safe at last.... :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Kwitko wrote: »
    We owe so much to our men and women in the Armed Forces. To all of you who have served and are serving, thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTrMe76kes

Same here... Budweiser sure comes up with some good ones... Here's another one that has the same effect...