Decent Laptop

13»

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    oh, I've also left it on accidentally in it's bag for 2hrs before, and it's totally unharmed... it got damn hot in there, but the laptop itself was totally unaffected, probably partially due to the clock-throttling on the p4...
  • edited June 2003
    Oh thats cool! Well i really havent seen anything that compares to the price or whats offered! So unless something completely changes my mind i will hopefully be the owner of a 16in Sager! Looks like those Sparco Roadster seats will just have to wait!
  • edited June 2003
    I think my GF will go with the TOshiba because she can touch it a feel it, im willing to take a leap of faith!
    edited June 2003
    Aww man... we talked you into the Sager huh? Now what am I gonna do? You'll have a better laptop than me. I'm jealous already. ;):D
  • edited June 2003
    It just seems to good to be true, but after looking on their positive ebay rating... Its hard to ignore it
    edited June 2003
    Oh that reminds me... I e-mailed these guys about 5 times before I ordered from them... the LONGEST I waited was 2 days... 2-4 HOURS was more like the normal turnaround time, and I asked some really annoying, in-depth questions that salespeople tend to hate- like what kind of thermal compound Sager uses on their notebooks, and whether a BIOS flash is planned to upgrade the 5620 to support 533 bus CPUs, and I always got courteous answers where they at least tried to answer my questions, or admitted that they didn't know for sure...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have the same laptop as Geeky1, and they are built well. I dropped mine from 6 foot onto a solid contrete floor...... it made a minor crack on the corner and thats it, no other damage at all (remember this Laptop is 10lbs).

The top is getting a bit worn (from all the stuff in my bag) but other than that its faultless.

Oh, and dont worry about it overheating, if it reaches a critical level it will just turn itself off. It wont melt or burst into flames or anything like that.

NS
  • edited June 2003
    Alright well it looks like my decisions made :) Do you guys have any negatives about the laptops? The weight issue doesnt bother me. But what else is there?
    edited June 2003
    just battery life (~1hr doing games, ~2hrs doing word processing per battery)
  • edited June 2003
    is that for two batteries or for one? ANd does having two batteries double ur life, asuuming they are equal. ? THanks for answering all my questions Geeky
    edited June 2003
    No problem. Thats for one battery. Having two batteries essentially doubles the life, yes. The modular batteries are 3400mah and the internal battery is 4000. I may be wrong, but I don't think they offer a modular battery for the 16" and 15.7" models, and I believe that the internal battery is screwed in, but I may be wrong about that. You may want to e-mail them and ask them about that if battery life is a concern...

However, they do offer a dc-ac inverter for like $50 extra, and I just carry an ac adapter with me and plug it in as much as possible anyhow...
  • edited June 2003
    Ohh now im getting excited.. Yeah ill email them for the rest of my specific question.. THanks for turning my on to Powernotbooks.com
  • edited June 2003
    Geeky what kind of cars are you into?

***Moderator gets upset and steps in***

What??? You completely lost it?
    There is a Off Topic Forum for this kind of stuff. Use it. This is not an AOL Chat room.

Let's use our heads folks and keep the subject on topic.

***Moderator resists urge to kill and steps back***

• edited June 2003
    Would it be alright to post a new thread about my decision to get some more opinions about the laptop?
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Loki047
    Would it be alright to post a new thread about my decision to get some more opinions about the laptop?
    Why? What is wrong with this thread?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Cool Canuck

Why? What is wrong with this thread?

they filled it with shit, TBH.

Its been removed now, but the amount that drifted off topic was way out of line, dont do it again.

NS
  • edited June 2003
    Yeah it shifted off topic, but thats what conversations do, and it went back. Please Relax...