Radeon 9800Pro cheap at crucial UK

Ed-ChigliakEd-Chigliak West Yorks (UK)
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Only £243+VAT compare to previous best I've seen £279+VAT that's quite a saving. Still a lot of money but it must be pretty close to the US price.

Comments

• dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    That is a sweet deal..

/me is tempted

:D

Maybe ill treat myself after I finish my exams.

mD
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Shame the VAT takes it a lot closer to £300 :(

mD
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    $472.11 going by a slighty old exchange rate.

$355 on Pricewatch (£225)

Yeah, real close to US prices....

NS
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Makes you wonder where all that VAT goes.

mD
  • edited June 2003
    Who goes by pricewatch?!?!?!
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Its pretty much useless for us brits.

mD
    edited June 2003
    I used it because its the only place I could think of to get a price quickly for something in the US.

NS
  • edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Ed^Chigliak
    Only £243+VAT compare to previous best I've seen £279+VAT that's quite a saving. Still a lot of money but it must be pretty close to the US price.

Thanks for that, been thinking about updating that department, just wish we could get the thing down to £200 all inc. Then I will be ready to purchase one...

So thats only around a year to wait..

edit// the thread is just taking a little trip over to video cards, just in case anyone misses it.

:)
  • edited June 2003
    Oh ok, cause im pretty sure theres some shady companies on that setup
  • edited June 2003
    www.xe.com/ucc very good currency convertor thing :D
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    http://www.x-rates.com is better because you dont have to wait for the new page to load with each calculation.

mD
  • crackityjonescrackityjones Reppin East CHHS Ya'll!!! NO, I'M NOT
    edited June 2003
    Do you Brits get screwed on comp prices alot?
  • Ed-ChigliakEd-Chigliak West Yorks (UK)
    edited June 2003
    I think Canon are a good example of of us brits suffering higher prices.

canon eos 10d digital slr over here in the UK £1250 at best in the US £900 thats like 25% - 30% and is unacceptable to me personally. Canon lenses the same and you could be looking at spending £2000 for pro lenses so for the difference you could get a flight over to collect it in person and take some good pictures on the trip.

When I find something in the UK that is even close to US prices it is so bloody amazing I feel I must post it on the forums. That's how bad.

Adding to the frustration you can't even get half the stuff you read reviews for and games we can be waiting 4 weeks for the UK release. By the time I get my hands on a new game it's old news in the US.

I like to go backpacking (tramping / camping) whatever you want to call it and for that I want to take jerky with me on the hike but you can't get it in the UK. If you want to make your own then you can't even get the dehydrators to do this. NimH batteries (cells) and chargers... you name it.

AAAAAAAArrrrgh!

Ed^
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Then to make sure we get screwed on prices, the goverment will look through your stuff at customs, and make you cough up the VAT anyway if you bring stuff in.

That is if your unlucky enough to get checked.

mD
    edited June 2003
    Import-
    17.5% Tax
    2.5% Import Tax
    £15 For them to charge you the tax

Have to deal with all this when importing guns and parts from Hong Kong, except the dealers are usually very good there and mark things as gift and mark the price right down. Plus they want the cash on the door when it arrives.

NS
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited June 2003
    Guns? I gunna get shot for askin too many questions?
    edited June 2003
    Airsoft - Good range: http://www.wgcshop.com & http://www.gunsnguys.com

Anyway, back on topic. The only thing good about crucial these days is their free shipping, though they do sometimes have cheap CF and SM cards too.

NS