Window mod... clean enough edges?

edited July 2003 in Hardware
I just cut this window... Just wondering... do you think the edges are clean enough that I wouldn't have to use molding? Let me know what you think :D
Picture%20010.jpg

Picture%20012.jpg

PS- there will be a square to finish off the AMD logo ;)

EDIT: Sorry about the faulty pics... I just registered a domain name, they'll work from now on

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    I have no idea, but I have to say that clean edges or not, it looks great! What video card is that? I assume it's a Triplex thing, but...
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Thats a really tidy finish, how did you cut it?

mD
  • edited June 2003
    Geeky... that's only a Ti4200 64mb... Thanks for the reply!
    dydx... I cut the holes with a dremel and a jig saw and finished the edges with an air powered dye grinder... still working on the rest of the paint job but it's gettin there!
  • edited June 2003
    sweet mod! you have infinate more patience than me
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Really need to source out some tools for doing things like this, but parents won't buy them and I cant afford them.

Still, nice to dream, eh.

NS
  • edited June 2003
    Buy some on ebay :D Ebay is great
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Have you sanded down the edges at all any? If you don't see any metal shavings sticking up and all then I would say yes. I don't have any molding on my side or top window and mine looks good. oh and btw..nice mod man.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Cuda444
    Buy some on ebay :D Ebay is great

Not in the UK its not, its become entirely useless.

Oh well, thats why I bought this case pre-modded.

NS
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    I do most of my modding at school. My mods are my DT projects. They have some insanely expensive tools there.

mD
  • edited June 2003
    What happened to the pix Cudda?? I was waiting to see the finished product.
  • edited June 2003
    I'm still waiting on some LEDs... I'm gunna etch a piece of plexi for behind the AMD logo so it'll glow blue :D I'm gunna go etch the plexi today, probably mount it all setup for the LEDs and hopefully they will show tomorrow... If all goes as planned, I'll post pics of that side of the case tomorrow night sometime... I'm workin on painting the rest of the case as we speak ;)
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited July 2003
    pic doesnt show???