Why do you do it?

1235»

Comments

• DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited December 2008
    I fold because I have been blessed enough to have a computer and internet. I fold because I can.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I fold because I think it's a cool project and it's a great way to test hardware.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited December 2008
    I fold because.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2008
    Isobel Thomson Fraser born in 1922 robbed of dignity in 2003, Alzheimmers stole her life. She's my Mum :bawling: i care for her 365 days of the year :(
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    • I fold because having a modern PC and not folding is a waste of technology...
    • I fold because my mother told me stories about the clients she had to sentence to care facilities when their Alzheimer's became too much for them and their families...
    • I fold because I fear that I might get a disease that I had the power to help cure...
    • I fold because I want my kids to be free of Cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and many of the diseases we fight to cure with F@H.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I fold because it's the right thing to do.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Merged Sono's new query into the long-running thread :) Let's hear from more of you, even if you've posted here before. :cheers3:
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Thanks Keebs! I didn't dive too deeply into the forums to find this. Thanks for moving it.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Resurrecting this thread because I like to know why others fold. I fold because I love helping out scientists in a measurable way and my grandfather had early-stage Alzheimer's and anyone who has to go through the drawn out version of that can attest to how terrible it is (watching your parents/grandparents/other loved ones debilitate). Cheers to all the folders around the world