Food and Eating

NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
edited April 2004 in Community
Just wondering but what was the final decision about food and eating? I know there was a thread discussing the possibility of catering one day and going out to breakfast another. Aside from that I assume is it every person for theirself with coolers and stuff? Maybe we should vote on the catering thing again since we have an official forum for it now? Just a thought.

Norge

Comments

• CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    mmmmmm Taco Bell is good, I hear there is a fine Taco Bell establishment in the vicinity of HQ de Sarc
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Vicinity nothing - it's like 500 feet away.. It's practically our friggin next door neighbor.

Then, a block down we have the fine dining establishment White Castle. Further down you will find a superb McDonald's with a five-star Wendy's right next door to that. Plenty of fine dining to be had in northeast The D!
    edited November 2003
    primesuspect had this to say
    Vicinity nothing - it's like 500 feet away.. It's practically our friggin next door neighbor.

Wow, I want your office to be my house :D

/me spends too much money at Taco Bell

But hey atleast now I got some land marks to look out for on my drive in.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Just take a buddy. Don't want anyone getting pwned in the middle of <i>De</i>troit. heh.
    edited November 2003
    oh noes, with all this Detroit talk, I are getting concerned.... hope I dont get my suburban ass pwned in the big city
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Detroit - I think they used to make cars there. Then the Japanese started selling their cars in the US, and the city died. I hear there are a lot of abandoned buildings and unemployed auto workers...

:wtf:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited November 2003
    Jeeez guys.....its not <i>THAT</I> bad.....I mean...you don't need to take a buddy or anything. Just don't wander down streets quoting certain portions of Pulp Fiction and you'll be set(something about a depository comes to mind). Its not like everyone from Detroit is a ravenous murder-crazed person just waiting outside Sarcnet to attack the poor feeble computer dorks.

//edit: Who am I kidding....I've got my GAT and I'm officially calling 'shotgun' on pseudo as my human shield. :vimp:
  • edited November 2003
    GHoosdum had this to say
    Detroit - I think they used to make cars there. Then the Japanese started selling their cars in the US, and the city died. I hear there are a lot of abandoned buildings and unemployed auto workers...

:wtf:

Not really. All of the "Big 3s" headquarters are in Dearborn, and the Dearborn area. Not to mention, there never was a car manufacturing plant for any of these co.'s in the city of Detroit.

Mmmmm... Whitey C's....
    edited November 2003
    Eeeeew... Slyders....
    edited November 2003
    Seriously? Where are you people from? The moon? Detroit is not the home of slobbering maniacs... It's just.... a city.. No big deal....

You CAN go to Taco Bell with no fear. You CAN walk down the street.... It's not like you'll get shot for being white :rolleyes:
    edited November 2003
    Daimler is headquartered in Auburn Hills, SMJ

GM is headquartered in the largest building in Michigan, the Renaissance Center, in Detroit.

Only ford is HQ'ed in Dearborn..
    edited November 2003
    GHoosdum had this to say
    Eeeeew... Slyders....

Yeah, and for fear of us *****-ing ourselves and/or gassing ourselves to death, can we limit the weekend to ONE crave case and 1 trip to Toxic Hell please per person?

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    edited November 2003
    It's not like you'll get shot for being white :rolleyes:

WHAAYS IT ALLLWASS GOTZ TO BE ABOUT COLAH!?!
    edited November 2003
    Seriously? Where are you people from? The moon? Detroit is not the home of slobbering maniacs... It's just.... a city.. No big deal....

You CAN go to Taco Bell with no fear. You CAN walk down the street.... It's not like you'll get shot for being white :rolleyes:

Wow calm down their chief, I was just kidding....wow.... :O
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    Taco Bell... EEEvil! Better bring the Tums along cause I know I'll have to eat there one of the days... :werr:

Norge
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I'm just kidding too. ;D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I was kidding too..... Uh... wait a minute, I didn't add anything.

I'm for a vote on food. I figure the one catered meal and/or cookout and one breakfast... The rest is up to you'all to fend for yourself.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I think my stomach has started eating it's self already at just the thought of white castle..I made a trip there a couple weeks ago that was a bit less than enjoyable for the rest of the day.
    edited November 2003
    But it's what you CRAVE! ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect
    gets defensive about the "D"

It wasn't you specifically, Camman. No worries. It's just that for my whole life I've been dealing with sideways looks whenever the word "detroit" comes up. It's mostly the media that perpetrates the image that somehow Detroit is a wreck of a place. It's no diffe...
    Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    gets defensive about the "D"

It wasn't you specifically, Camman. No worries. It's just that for my whole life I've been dealing with sideways looks whenever the word "detroit" comes up. It's mostly the media that perpetrates the image that somehow Detroit is a wreck of a place. It's no different than any other big city I've been to: keep your wits about you, keep your eyes a little bit more open, and don't drive around with your wallet hanging out of your pants flashing huge bills with your windows down listening to country music. It's easy! :D
    edited November 2003
    In fact, it's probably a good idea not to have anything hanging out of your pants while you drive around.
  • JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited November 2003
    food: I'm still doing my darndest not to eat at McD's unless it's necessary. Actually, all fast food, though I know it's unavoidable.

I eat nearly anything, however. My dislikes aren't anything we'll ever encounter, I'm sure.

real food (tm) would be nice every now and then. I'm pondering the purchase of a mini fridge to make the time go by more nicely.
    edited November 2003
    I'm with you on the avoiding the McDonalds! Then again, that's probably because there is only 1 sandwich on the menu that is even halfway suitable for a vegetarian...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    GHoosdum had this to say
    I'm with you on the avoiding the McDonalds! Then again, that's probably because there is only 1 sandwich on the menu that is even halfway suitable for a vegetarian...

What's that, the McTofu?
    edited November 2003
    ;D;D

The McTofu would probably taste a lot like ass. But seriously, I'm only a partial vegetarian - I eat fish and eggs, but no white or red meat. So the one sandwich that sucks but I can eat is the fish.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    just to let you guys know, our office is about a mile away from Grosse Pointe. One of, if not the richest city in Michigan. Point being that its full of real restaraunts, not just fast food. So there's always that option.
    edited November 2003
    Too bad all the food in richie Grosse Pointe either

a) sucks

or

b) is overwhelmingly overpriced

.. Actually the breakfast place we are planning on going to is in Grosse Pointe, it's a bit expensive but well worth it.

//edit:

And Grosse Pointe Shores is the wealthiest city in the US, perhaps one of the wealthiest in the world. I'm sure there's some Sultan or Prince somewhere that's got his/her own city that's wealthier, but..... :)
  • ShortyShorty
    considers..

Bollox to it. McDonalds for me. Im gonna be a true geek and eat fastfood and drink alot of coffee :D

Damn Im proud Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    considers..

Bollox to it. McDonalds for me. Im gonna be a true geek and eat fastfood and drink alot of coffee :D

Damn Im proud :D

//Edit// Grosse Point :D Im taking piccies.. I love that movie!
    edited November 2003
    Any chance of an Arab food meal? Or some Feather Bowling down on Cadiuex?
  • edited November 2003
    And Grosse Pointe Shores is the wealthiest city in the US, perhaps one of the wealthiest in the world. I'm sure there's some Sultan or Prince somewhere that's got his/her own city that's wealthier, but.....

Hollywood, CA? Beverly Hills, CA?