folding help

Comments

• naginaoenaginaoe Florida
    edited May 2005
    i dont know i just started folding. it didnt ask me to sign on to a team......um....yeah so explain it plz...
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    naginaoe wrote:
    i dont know i just started folding. it didnt ask me to sign on to a team......um....yeah so explain it plz...

You have the text client?
    You probably are folding for no team.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    naginaoe wrote:
    Which version did you install---?
    #1 Graphical Client Setup:
    #2 The "No-nonsense" text-only console Setup.
    Need to know that before I can explain it.
    edited May 2005
    uh..... i clicked the first one on that site you linked to...Stanford University Folding@home download page the 5.03 thats ablout all i had to do.... did i do something wrong?
    edited May 2005
    ---also has anyone ever found a cure by folding?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    OK, Did you install the program? Or, Just download it? And, As far as cures, I'm not sure. But, I know they are making progress tracking how different diseases work. You can check the Stanford site and they will have more info on whether cures have been produced yet.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Here's a page at Stanford that will explain more to you on what folding is and how it is being used... It's quite interesting .... Folding@Home Educational Project
    edited May 2005
    ***Deleted by yagga by indirect request by Hawk***
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yagga, Don't tell her that! She's new to computers and needs to have the graphical version which she can check easily! Not to mention configure easily.(Then get the one I showed above.) Besides which you didn't show her anything above! You need to stop confusing this thread dude. Everytime I try to give the girl help you keep jumping in and changing what I tell her. Gnome is the folding MOD form now on let him handle it. I'm out of it.
    edited May 2005
    Oops, I guess I was get mixed up or something. I'll stop.
    edited May 2005
    i thought i installed it but it never asked me for a team # it said download then i went threw the setup screen.. all i really had to do was type in my user name.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Ok, yagga, Your officially a distrib. computing moderator now. Help the young lady out. Here's your first official task bud! Welcome to the team.
    edited May 2005
    Ok naginaoe when you installed the program just about at the end of installing it it asked you your name correct? It then should have asked you to start the program up. This is where it would show you a window to type in your team number, atleast if you said yes.

So, do you have the folding atom icon down by the clock on the bottom right? If you do right click the icon, then click on "configure..." and then you get the window that lets you type in your team number. Just type in 33693 and click ok. If the team number says 0 when you first see it you are not folding for the team, but if it is set to 33693 then there is some other issue.
    edited May 2005
    Naginaoe, I checked your name on the stats site HERE, and my thoughts were correct, you are folding for no team at all. You did finish a 155 point work unit, so you are chugging along. You just need to change the team number from 0 to 33693 like my above post shows.
    edited May 2005
    ok did i fix it it says im folding for team 33693... is there anything else i need to do?
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited May 2005
    naginaoe wrote:
    ok did i fix it it says im folding for team 33693... is there anything else i need to do?
    deisgnate a user name, and set cpu useage to 100% !!!
    edited May 2005
    LiLbRo wrote:
    deisgnate a user name, and set cpu useage to 100% !!!

didnt i already designate my user name? and how do i put the cpu useage to 100%?
    edited May 2005
    ok i got the cpu usage at 100%...
    edited May 2005
    Yes naginaoe, I believe you are all set up and good to go. In a day or a few days we should be able to see your name on the team stats page.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    yagga wrote:
    Yes naginaoe, I believe you are all set up and good to go. In a day or a few days we should be able to see your name on the team stats page.

:lalala:
    edited May 2005
    pass me in no time at all.. my daily average is down to like 39 :(
    edited May 2005
    yay!! im folding!!!!!!!!!
    edited May 2005
    naginaoe wrote:
    yay!! im folding!!!!!!!!!
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=137542

EOC is a great place to watch your stats
    edited May 2005
    LiLbRo wrote:
    agreed :fold::fold::fold:
    edited May 2005
    i dont get how to read it
    edited May 2005
    naginaoe wrote:
    i dont get how to read it
    what part dont you get?
    edited May 2005
    ha! all of it i like the stanford one...though it hadent updated im a little bit...im up to 2 WU's now and it still says one.
    edited May 2005
    The Stanford site gives the updates quicker because they are the official site. The EOC site takes the stats from Stanford and adds to them. I personally check both sites. EOC typically can be about 3 hours delayed.

The EOC site should be self explanatory I would think. The site shows the graph of your team's current and future status (estimate of course) in regards to a few other close teams and then towards the bottom it shows the top producers of points for the team and some other stuff. If you click on an individual name down there, or search in the search field, you get a lot of extra stats for you or who you clicked, rather than the team overall. This site is good if you want to know point averages for you and the team, and also are competitive with other team members.

If you just completed another WU it should soon update, but if you are thinking 2 WUs since you started folding remember that first one got put into the "no team designation" section so that won't ever count for you on this team. Stanford never shifts points around after being registered in their systems, and points go with an individual per individual team. If I for example folded for Short-Media I would have to start fresh at 0 points, the points from Icrontic do not stick with my name everywhere.
    edited May 2005
    aaahhh so that explains it! heh ok..thx
    edited May 2005
    :yell1: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my computer totally crashed!!!! we had to reinstall EVERYTHING!! we lost everything!!! so i have to go threw that hole thing again!!! hey do you guys know if my progress would be saved or will i have to start all over? :fold: :fu: i have my computer!!!