Pwned by new puppy

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2003 in Community
Well as you may have seen in my post here, my wife and kids conspired against me to go "look" at Chinese Shar-Pei puppies this weekend.

Well, we looked.....

And now I have a new family member...... Get a load of this little guy.

Comments

• t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited November 2003
    Are you sure it is a puppy. It looks more like wrinkled old grandpa. :D

j/k

Congrats on the new addition. :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Shar-Peis grow and fill out and the wrinkles partly vaporize, though never fully.Excercise your Shar Pei more than average and feed well for less wrinkles sooner if you want that. High-protein diet more than high carbo diet, they normally carry some fat and in a colder climate need it for insulation. Cliff's Notes for Shar Peis.... :D

At least it is not bright pinky-red also like a very newborn human-- who is also typically very wrinkled as skin develops fastest. nature allows for fillin, Shar Peis will carry more fill by nature.

Excpect a HUNGRY puppy.

John.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Me and my new buddy.

He's a very very personable dog. He won't leave a person's side. he also loves our cat. The cat and he are pals already. They slept together last night :eek:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    awe... I like those kinds of pups... my roomate has the Taco bell dog, ugh it is one UGLY dog! It's eyes are like a retarded praying mantis!
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Yoinks, he's got some size on him already - I didn't see you say how old it is - ?? I'm definitely no expert, but to my unpracticed eye he looks to be pretty close to full-sized-mature..?

How are Shar-Peis for hair/shedding? I'm guessing not bad, given the length of the coat.
    edited November 2003
    Shar-Peis do not shed at all. Their hair is wiry and very short. In fact the name roughly translates to sandpaper-skin.

He's only 13 weeks old, although he's not going to get much bigger than this. Big male Shar-Peis get around 50-60 lbs at the top end. I met his father and he wasn't huge. Maybe 4 inches taller than him.
  • edited November 2003
    If your dog is anything like mine (a yellow Lab) was, it'll go though an "awkward stage". Pretty funny times.

When she first learned to run, rather than "hopping quickly", she started to jump around on furniture to test out her new skills (and our tolerance). One of the things she did was jump up on a couch (which she is not allowed) and attempt to cross over to the end table, which was covered in newspapers. As she crossed between the table and the couch (front paws on the table, back on the couch) the newspapers slid out from under her, causing her to become 'stuck', straddled between the table and couch. She wined and cried till I went over and picked her up, and onto the floor. She NEVER attempted that again!

When she was a month or two younger, she was testing my family's and my tolerance to let her become the "Big dog" of the house. I remember sitting down at the kitchen table with a cheeseburger. I reached over (still sitting in the chair) to grab a newspaper to look read while I ate. In a yellow flash, she jumped up onto my chair, grabbed the whole burger, jumped down and ran behind an armchair in an adjacent room to consume her 'prey'. My family and I thought it was hilarious, after I went over to take back what she hadn’t already ate, I realized I had to be more careful with my food until she was taught what’s "hers" (on the floor) and ours (not on the floor).

How olds’ the pup, Brian? Looks to be around... 11 weeks or so?

EDIT: Ehh, 13. Close enough... ;)
    RWB had this to say
    awe... I like those kinds of pups... my roomate has the Taco bell dog, ugh it is one UGLY dog! It's eyes are like a retarded praying mantis!

;D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    It looks like someone punched him in the nose :hrm:.

Hope you enjoy your new dog :d
    edited November 2003
    Well he's already taking lessons from the cat. The cat of course enjoys nothing more than batting the dog across the muzzle at every given opportunity. Well my kids had a toy train last night that was scooting around a track and the dog was barking at it, and finally decided to swat it off the track, cat-style. Now he's using his paw to swat things, since the cat is apparently going to be his surrogate father, he's learning from him how to "hunt" :rolleyes:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2003
    Man, that is a big dog to be 13 weeks old. Pretty cute pup though, I guess the wrinkles make the dog.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    The Buddist is Detroit with a Chineese dog that looks more like a Manatee than a K-9! :rolleyes2

look at the similarity.

man5_2.jpgattachment.php?s=&postid=70504
    edited November 2003
    HAHAH OMFG HE DOES LOOK LIKE A MANATEE....
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    Look like a badly stuffed toy. Can't you take it back and ask for a full one?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ;D

The fun part is when he starts crapping all over the floor till he learns where he's supposed to go. I have 4 and one is currently at that stage ;)
    edited November 2003
    No way, we bought this guy already housebroken.. I'm not that patient :)
  • edited November 2003
    Took only 1 or 2 weeks for mine to be fully housebroken. Was kind of a pain though...

You get him from a breeder, Prime? Gona regester him?
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited November 2003
    primesuspect had this to say
    The cat and he are pals already. They slept together last night :eek:

DIBS ON THE OFFSPRING!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    What happens when a dog sleeps with a cat? You get a :fold:
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2003
    No, what you get is this:
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited November 2003
    Didn't see that coming :rolleyes::p
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited November 2003
    What a coincidence! I just got a new puppy a few days ago, maybe about a week now. Its an australian cattle dog/blue heeler mixed with some other things. Looks very similar to a black lab. Hopefully she'll stop ****ting in my room soon..
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I've got a puppy dachshund that's been here like 3 months and the damn thing still craps everywhere. :rant:
    edited November 2003
    Well mine may be housebroken, but that didn't prevent him from eating his own **** today and walking into the house as if nothing was wrong, with a big brown ****stain smeared all over his chest and jowls... Talk about disgusting. I almost puked from the smell. What a day.
    edited November 2003
    Bahahahaha!!! ;D;D;D
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited November 2003
    The worst is when your dog goes s**t outside and runs through it without you knowing. Then when he comes inside, he leaves s**t paw prints all along the floor. :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Prime, he's HUNGRY! :D Hungry little kids eat JUNK they should not eat. :D:D

John.
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, he was the only happy one in the house..... :mad:
  • edited November 2003
    Heh, mine did that. I hear it's considered a delicacy to nearly all dogs. Think of it as eating German chocolate. ;)

They key is, yell at them and act upset whenever they even THINK about eating sh*t, like when they turn around to give it a sniff.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Ahh, he's crinckly and cute prime. And they say dogs look like their owners...

~Cyrix
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    t1rhino had this to say
    The worst is when your dog goes s**t outside and runs through it without you knowing. Then when he comes inside, he leaves s**t paw prints all along the floor. :)

TheSmJ had this to say
    Heh, mine did that. I hear it's considered a delicacy to nearly all dogs. Think of it as eating German chocolate. ;)

I hate dogs, sorry but this just confirms what I thought, horrible things.