"Attempting to get work packet"

13»

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I tried it again with Harudath and it didn't work
    edited December 2007
    Downloading .NET 3.5 Framework... I didn't have 2.0 or higher before, although I don't think that was the problem tbh
    edited December 2007
    IT LIVES! I have 2 SMPs running now- Thanks guys :D
    edited December 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    For XP users, you do not have to login every time. Just set Windows to automatically log you when the computer boots.

Go to Run
    Type in “control userpasswords2” (no quotation marks)
    Set accounts to login automatically

I did that, but I can't figure out how to get Harudath to log on automatically >.<
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2007
    Harudath wrote:
    IT LIVES! I have 2 SMPs running now- Thanks guys :D
    2 SMPS on a dual core novel :bigggrin:
    edited December 2007
    SPIKE09 wrote:
    2 SMPS on a dual core novel :bigggrin:

lol shush :P And it's one running now >.> And I fixed it leo, thanks :P
    Launch directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Harudath\Desktop\SMP BETA2
    Executable: C:\Documents and Settings\Harudath\Desktop\SMP BETA2\fah.exe

[00:22:22] - Ask before connecting: No
    [00:22:22] - User name: Harithian (Team 93)
    [00:22:22] - User ID: DD5B2116D4A936C
    [00:22:22] - Machine ID: 2
    [00:22:22]
    [00:22:22] Loaded queue successfully.
    [00:22:22]
    [00:22:22] + Processing work unit
    [00:22:22] Core required: FahCore_a1.exe
    [00:22:22] Core found.
    [00:22:22] Working on Unit 01 [December 11 00:22:22]
    [00:22:22] + Working ...
    [00:22:25]
    [00:22:25] *
    [00:22:25] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
    [00:22:25] Version 1.74 (March 10, 2007)
    [00:22:25]
    [00:22:25] Preparing to commence simulation
    [00:22:26] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
    [00:22:43] - Looking at optimizations...
    [00:22:43] - Working with standard loops on this execution.
    [00:22:43] - Created dyn
    [00:22:43] - Files status OK
    [00:22:43]
    [00:22:43] Folding@home Core Shutdown: MISSING_WORK_FILES
    [00:22:43] Finalizing output

Folding@Home Client Shutdown.

SMP with the ID1 works, ID 2 doesn't.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    If it's a dual core CPU, AMD or Intel, any series, you should only run one SMP client.

But anyway, glad you got SMP running.
    edited December 2007
    One SMP only? *slaps self repeatedly with wet fish* Thanks Leo :P I'll remember that and delete one when I get back home :P
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited December 2007
    2 SMP clients setup is meant for Quad cores only. :)
    edited December 2007
    aaah, well, I've got one running now :D And we're setting up a new computer downstairs, so I'll install a F@H application quietly... :P
    edited December 2007
    Great! We´ll welcome you into the top10/20 team producers very soon then. :)
    edited December 2007
    lol :D I'd hope so tbh :P although, my Core 2 Duo is a dedicated F@H machine (from 8 AM til about 4:PM at least:P) Then when I get home I use it and it either stops or slows down folding. I'll set the other one to idle too :D though it seems to be churning out the WUs... It completes about two a day (max), usually 1 and a half- but I'm not sure about how fast it'll be going now with the SMP properly installed :D
    edited December 2007
    Though my output's been crap so far from so many damned errors :P
    edited December 2007
    We'd like to help you overcome whatever problem is causing the errors. Can you be more specific?
    edited December 2007
    was it with the vanilla client you had problems, memtest and orthos prime are good stress tests. might be an overclock too far advice from the old FCF was get it orthos stable then back of a bit for FAH stable.

edit that mobo can get a tad warm on the north and south bridge, advice was to get an akasa chipset cooler add the fan the the one with the HS and add the HS to the other bridge.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2007
    Yes. If the errors seem to be a mystery- also include a Fahlog.txt.
    edited December 2007
    And add the -verbosity 9 flag because fahlog is far more detailed with it ;)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Sorry you've had so much trouble trying to participate H. After all this, you'll be a F@H expert!! Thanks a lot for helping the project and our team. :)
    edited December 2007
    If we get too technical with the questions and advice, speak up, and we'll take it point by point. SMP Folding is not easy to start. Many of us have been at this Folding biz for years. We realize others are rather new to it.
    edited December 2007
    Harudath wrote:
    aaah, well, I've got one running now :D And we're setting up a new computer downstairs, so I'll install a F@H application quietly... :P

Everything's working fine now guys :D Thanks for your help, the run as admin thing fixed it :P
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Glad to hear it!!!
    edited December 2007
    F@H is working, but there are some issues...

1. The SMP appears to be causing lockups, not instantly, and they happen randomly, but the screen will freeze and any sound playing will replay the last half a second over again, sounding like you've just fallen asleep on the keyboard, but on speed :P

2. Minor issue, I have it set to run on startup, but because it doesn't connect to the internet fast enough, F@H sits there and does nothing til I close it and open it again with the internet up and running.
    edited December 2007
    The freezing problem may indicate your setup is not 100% stable. The best way to know is to leave Prime95 running for at least 12hs (I prefer 24hs, though). Perhaps you´ll have to slow down your OC a bit or up the vcore.

Do you connect thru wireless?
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2007
    I suspect the problem with 1. may be your overclock. You're probably driving your CPU more than it's used to right now. Try backing off and see if your lock-ups dissappear. Backing off to stock tells all truths here- you could do that and work your way up again- or try incrementally backing off. It's up to you.

Number 2. is a bit weird as I haven't seen it before. You could guage how long it takes for your internet to come up and insert a delay to your SMP startup.
    edited December 2007
    A delay would do it methinks. I've run Orthos for several hours, no freezes, it basically started freezing after the SMP was used. Also I have FahCore_a1.exe 4 times in task manager.... under processes
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, it turns out that a video website AND the SMP togther were causing the crash.. each on it's own is fine o.O
    edited December 2007
    Oh, that and my WUs won't update... I should be on about 7 but they're not being added
    edited December 2007
    In the configuration, did you set it to team 93 and your user name?
    edited December 2007
    I thought the diffferent name was deliberate

User name: Harithian (Team 93)
    [00:22:22] - User ID: DD5B2116D4A936C
    edited December 2007
    Aye, it was deliberate