550w overloaded?

2»

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Voltage CPU 1.36v
    DIMM 3.33v
    +5v voltage 5.07v
    +12v voltage 11.33v
    Hey Mudd, your last post made me re-read the opening posts. Agreed. That PSU should not be employed for anything other than fan testing.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, I figure he is lucky that the computer even boots with the 12v rail that low. And could very well be causing all the freezes and crashes.
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited January 2008
    im starting to think weather these readings are actually correct. whats the most accurate way of telling my voltages? i use pc tools orca logic 2008 which tells me everything i need to know about my computer however when i look up my 12v voltage on speed fan its 12.1v... so basiclly which one is correct?

also you said i should not buy from the same seller... well as far as i can tell is they have just used the psu which came with the case and the case is not a well know brand. all the other components in the computer are new and branded and work fine and all at a good price. my computer cost me 309 pounds which i think is a good price but i will have to change this psu so itll be around 350 pounds. anyway i dont very often buy a new pc.

1 more thing, when i installed my os i was using a mac keyboard so the pound sign and all the others are in differnt places. now i have got a new keyboard the buttons are were they usually are ie the pounds sign is on number 3 but the computer hasnt changed my key locatios. how do i change them?